Sign in to follow this  
warren

just got pulled over!!!

hi guys, last thursday i bought another G60.92 k reg in flash red,anyhow, this car had been stored for 7 years, so obviously it was SORN. On thursday i taxed the car,mot'd it and sorted out the insurance,everything was fine.Untill yesterday!!.I was driving home when i noticed the police in a grey audi coupe,had been following me for a fair while,then on came the blue lights and pulled me over :censored:

the reason they pulled me was for their computer showing the car was not taxed, i showed him the tax in the window and he said,"oh well,but you never had your belt on did you!!"

i bloody had my belt on and he was finding any excuse now he had stopped me!. he gave me a £60 fine :censored: :censored:

where do i stand on this one?? bearing in mind its always going to be my word against theirs :censored:

will post pics of the new G60 when its cleaned, so all in all, not a very good start :?

What interests me is that he didn't point out you were 'not' wearing your seat belt before telling you about the mis-tax issue... Maybe mentioning this to whoever, might give you that fighting chance, as it's severity used as the latter, looks clearly like a desperate last chance excuse on his part. Sounds like a pride issue IMO. Best to come across calm, concise and diplomatic on your part tho, otherwise it might go against your favour.

surely innocent until proven guilty, maintain that you WERE wearing your seatbelt and contest it. It would pobably help if you had the officer's collar number and name and formally lodge a complaint, that way you show you're not just going to roll over and accept it.

Were there two officers in the car that stopped you or just one?

Just thinking that if there was only one then you could dispute it and without a corroborating officer you would stand a better chance of getting off with it.

If you genuinely had your seat belt then surely it's worth disputing.

there were two officers in the car,and apparently that was enough proof for him!! i most likely will follow this up as i did have my belt on,and luckily have his name and number.it was most definately a last chance excuse on his behalf.

What a tool.

I was just stopped on the side of the road cos my horn was stuck on. As i was trying to sort it the fuzz rolled up, asked me what i was doing to which i explained, the officer then pissed herself laughing and drove off.

best to just leave it an move on, u wont get anywhere with it, apart from give urself a lot more stress an hassle

don't be silly! if he was wearing his seatbelt then the copper is a liar and you get a £60 fine for what?!

Dispute it till the end... sounds like the polieceman was on his own... if that is the case, then he would need pictoral or vid evidence to make it stand... otherwise he can't proove you guilty...

indeed contest it. Like whats already been said, it sounds like he' trying to do you for something to justify pulling you. Ask for video evidence which he should have. If you've ever been behind another corrado, imo its hard to tell if the driver (or passenger for that matter) is wearing their belt.. not saying you were not btw.

The problem these days is the whole 'Innocent til proven guilty' has been flipped on its head and its not 'guilty until you prove your innocent' :?

Absolutely agree with everyone here, contest it. It annoys me as this has happened to me before and I just rolled over and took it, very stupid of me but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle.

Had a mate at work late last yr in the same situation, we both agreed that it'd probably end up costing him in the end if he contested, he did anyways, and got his money back as they couldn't prove it!!

So there IS a little hope :D

Either you were wearing one or you weren't, you are the only one who knows for sure. If you were then you should contest it, if you weren't (but your p1ssed off about the whole thing) and letting off steam, then you should let it go. I know there is no way on this earth I would let a copper tell me black was white.

the mrs got pulled over and done for 2 sub legal tyres. when she got home i had a look and there was still JUST enough tread (which we got a local tyre garage to agree with). she went back and contested and got the points revoked....so it is well worth it.

definitely definitely contest!

Now that he's signed the NIP and the incident is over it's very easy to talk about contesting it, but in practical terms the OP is onto an almost certain hiding if he attempts to contest this now.

It would have to go to court. Unless any in-car video from the Police car proves otherwise he will end up in court giving his opinion to a magistrate in contradiction to two Police officers who will testify on oath that they observed him committing the crime. Not only will lose, he may well have the penalty increased, and he'll get landed with the court costs, the CPS costs and the Police costs.

The time to argue the toss was at the roadside. Ensure a statement is taken by the officer making it abundantly clear that he did not accept the charge or the penalty, put it on the record and then get it signed. Without that the OP would be an idiot to even think about contesting this.

If I were in your position right now, I would be pretty pee'd off and wanting to contest it.

However, before spending any money on this - how about investigating what is required to actually contest this.

And make a decision based on the facts.

At least you will know what is involved.

If in the end you do follow route to contest this - just remember to ask the time length it could take.

think i will have to just pay the £60 and get it over with :censored: if it went to cort it will soon all add up, not forgetting loosing a days pay, well pi**ed off but better then 3 points i guess :mad2:

:brickwall: It's sod's (plod's) law... They're some good cops and some not so very good cops out there - just like the rest of us eh. It's easy to hate the fuzz but not all of them are unfair. Like with everything else - let karma do it's thing :notworthy: and balance will in time, be restored. :hic:

Agree with one of the comments, it should have been noted at the road side... Not to rub salt into the woond, but I was had a golf gti with harness seatbelts, I got pulled by a traffic officer and wasnt wearing my seatbelt.

''The police look out for the shiney buckle'', especially in the evening to determine if your wearing it or not if they are behind you.

But just as I stopped, I made the action of removing my harness over my shoulders. Hee invited me into his volvo and said, ''I'll show you the video evidence''! He got a bit flustered as he couldnt find my video and kept going back and forth over other footage and when he did finally manage to find it, I pointed out what looked completely like I was removing my seatbelt. So he let me off! At least thats 1 all as you got a ticket when wearing your seatbelt....