Sign in to follow this  
joshyp

hood release... bonnet pins Y/N

the cable snapped so i took of grill and managed to open, but now need a new cable and the pull/push thingy!

or was thinking of putting on bonnet pins but is it a bit gay.... yes/no

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! For one you'll ruin the lovely lines, and secondly you'll provide nice access to your engine bay to any local scrotes.

You can't do that to a nugget pal.

Just fix it properly - less hassle and probably quicker than devaluing your car with nasty bits

You may need to get the cone shaped thingy that fits on the under-bonnet end of the cable, the bolt sheared on mine when I attempted to change it, it is not part of the cable assembly.

It is a bit of a ballache of a job replacing the cable I believe but yeah.. a better solution than bonnet pins!

It's been superseded - I'll have a look for a receipt with the part number later - At least it was still available in January when mine let go.

It's been superseded - I'll have a look for a receipt with the part number later - At least it was still available in January when mine let go.
sounds good, i need just the nearest one to the airbox

sounds good, i need just the nearest one to the airbox

I don't know about that one - I needed the one at the battery end, that was obselete but a 2nd (more useful) parts person realised that it was supersceded - still not found receipt fror that part - looks like I've not put it in my file :roll:

Found the receipt for the cone thingy at the end of the cable - this is the number off my receipt, so I assume it's a part number but don't guarantee V535 823 555 it's described as N/STK NIPPLE and cost £6.11 on the 14th Jan this year.