Sign in to follow this  
vr6stormer

I'm going mad!!

I'm keeping the Corrado anyway chaps even though i had to let down a fellow enthusiast which i'm not proud of but i just couldn't let go!! :oops:

well i would suggest test driving a few more times... good decisions aren't rash ones so try em out some more then let time do the deciding for you. after all its not like the storm is going to go out of fashion too quickly now :D

Have they cured the unacceptable engine wear problems that eventually killed the enthusiasm generated by Mazda rotaries (and the NSU Ro80) first time around in the 1970s?

People ended up putting 6-cylinder Granada engines (I think) into the Ro80, which was, by all accounts, a beautiful car until the engine wear set in, errr...somewhat quickly.

Drove a 350z today and was a little dissappointed as it didn't give me any wow factor at all in fact i prefer my C to it even at todays standards.

So i wouldn't sell it to buy a 350 anyway :roll:

Me and you both mate - lovely looking car but not that special to drive....

Have they cured the unacceptable engine wear problems that eventually killed the enthusiasm generated by Mazda rotaries (and the NSU Ro80) first time around in the 1970s?

People ended up putting 6-cylinder Granada engines (I think) into the Ro80, which was, by all accounts, a beautiful car until the engine wear set in, errr...somewhat quickly.

i think it was the old ford V4 engine "owners" put in the NSU......as a more reliable (if they could be called that :roll: )replacement for the Wankel :wink:

The RX8 engines should be pretty reliable actually. As I understand it they're looking at a major engine-out seal replacement job once every 60-80k miles, which weighs in at about a £grand. Not too bad, considering the technology on offer.

Plus there's NO valves, only four spark plugs, and a couple of small turbos.

dr mat said

Not too bad, considering the technology on offer.

Plus there's just four valves (total), four spark plugs, and a couple of small turbos.

I must admit, even in the 70's, to the mechanically minded, the simplicity and high-revving smoothness of the rotaries was very attractive.

I am sure that those with money to burn at that time were not put off by the increasing rumours of rotor tip wear and high fuel consumption. Unfortunately I could not include myself amongst them.

Of course I meant "NO valves", not "four". There are simply vents into the combustion chamber - no need for valves.