Sign in to follow this  
dgtvr6

Fun for £3k...What is there?

OK... Have a Corrado already so please don't suggest that I already know how much fun it is! :D

What is there that is fun for around £3k? Only needed for me for shooting round local area and runs to/from work...

Depends how you want to play it! As it's only for local driving (and assuming MPG isn't a big concern), for £3,000 you could buy a real bruiser... are you after something powerful or something small / fun?

Nissan 200SX you could get a 14A for that. Sooo much fun :D (I am Biased though as i'm driving one on a daily basis while Corrado is off the road)

Impreza RA, no contest...

If you can find a STI RA for that sort of money your on to a winner - 280+bhp, 1100kg,4wd with adjustable centre diff (drives like a RWD if you want it to) ,forged internals,intercooler water spray,no abs,no electric window crap, no electric mirror crap, no central locking crap, plate rear LSD, you wont find anything more bonkers for the money that is also usable everyday..

DSCF0004-4.jpg

ScoobyRing1.jpg

Impreza RA, no contest...

If you can find a STI RA for that sort of money your on to a winner - 280+bhp, 1100kg,4wd with adjustable centre diff (drives like a RWD if you want it to) ,forged internals,intercooler water spray,no abs,no electric window crap, no electric mirror crap, no central locking crap, plate rear LSD, you wont find anything more bonkers for the money that is also usable everyday..

And there is one on here for less than £3k I think http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94076&p=1084164&hilit=impreza#p1084164

Octavia or Fabia VRS's. Octavia for size, fabia for fuel. Fabia has same torque as porsche boxster and once chipped they proper fly

Octavia or Fabia VRS's. Octavia for size, fabia for fuel. Fabia has same torque as porsche boxster and once chipped they proper fly

Good cars both of them but not what you'd call FUN!

Lots of good shouts here... Wanting something VERY small and nimble though.

Maybe even just 2 seats is fine... This really is just for me..

surely any late 80s hot hatch fits into this catagory as this is the golden era for small fun cars and £2-3k gets you some of the best examples or how about some of this lot...

alfa 146/GTV

Audi 80 coupe - 2.3 5cyl or v6 - cabriolet option + quattro as well...

BMW - E30 318is /325i E36 - M3

Citreon - Xsara VTS - 2.0 16v 150 odd HP, essentially a 306 GTI- 6 with 5speed + dead cheap

Honda - CRX - mk1 wedhe shape with VTI lump, Prelude 2.2 V-tec JDM narrow body ;-)

Lanci Delta - HF 8v turbo perhaps not integrale

Mitshubishi - starion turbo, 3000GTO

Nissan - 200sx, 300ZX - 2seater short wheelbase turbo model.. not the 4 seater UK spec

Pug - 309 GTI goodwood (depreciation proof?) 306 GTI-6

Seat- Ibiza cupra 20vt

Toyota - Mr2 turbo, supra -3l TT version , 2 seater option available.

oh an the mx5

My first thought was something like a Cterham, then I looked at the prices :shock:

I think the MX5 would provide all the fun you would like and you would be able to get a good one for your pennies, perhaps with a little left over to spend on it or the Corrado.