Sign in to follow this  
oakgreen1

Nugget yellow G60s

Can anyone tell me what the hype is on nugget yellow corrados was it a limited edition color or just not many around. Thanks

Just not that many around in nugget yellow! Then the same could be said for the G60 of late.. they suddenly seem to be disappearing into obscurity somewhat!

as an ex nugget owner all be a valver not a G60 , the main issue with the colour was it was only produced end of f ,g h, and start of j reg about 3 years total it was rare before the rust set in youngest car is 18 years old now , i like to think by j reg they were having problems with the paint fading badly so they pulled the colour from the option list , story goes it was the first yellow vw had used without lead in the paint first since the yellow used on the mk1 golf/ mk 2 polo

Rob

Don't think rarity or hype is an issue here, its just a cracking looking colour when the car is clean and sharp and not many cars pull off yellow quite so well

Don't think rarity or hype is an issue here, its just a cracking looking colour when the car is clean and sharp and not many cars pull off yellow quite so well

VW also used a nugget yellow Corrado in their advertising campaign when the car was launched. It certainly caught me eye waiting for a train to school on Haywards Heath station.

As already mentioned there are a few reasons although there are some paint codes that were produced for less time than Nugget Yellow (Blue pearl effect for one).

I think the reason they are hyped/rated is that it is the only[/i] colour on a Corrado that provokes a strong reaction, you either like it or you don't; all the other Corrado colours look good but you won't find many people who really don't like the other colours.

The other reason is that it is probably the only 'shouty' colour on the car, yellow really stands out like a sore thumb on the road (which is handy on motorways as people seem to move over). Again all the other colours seem to suit the Corrados 'sleeper' look.

As already mentioned there are a few reasons although there are some paint codes that were produced for less time than Nugget Yellow (Blue pearl effect for one).

I think the reason they are hyped/rated is that it is the only[/i] colour on a Corrado that provokes a strong reaction, you either like it or you don't; all the other Corrado colours look good but you won't find many people who really don't like the other colours.

The other reason is that it is probably the only 'shouty' colour on the car, yellow really stands out like a sore thumb on the road (which is handy on motorways as people seem to move over). Again all the other colours seem to suit the Corrados 'sleeper' look.

Tends to be quite Shouty To Plod aswell....... :censored:

If you are the shy retiring type it ain't for you :)

I have always viewed it as the most LOOK AT ME colour that VW did. The only colour that gets more attention is Harlaquins!!

Strangely i get far more attention from plod for my blue mk2 golf with Hella Blue rear lights on it than the corrado does.

dave

I have always viewed it as the most LOOK AT ME colour that VW did. The only colour that gets more attention is Harlaquins!!

Strangely i get far more attention from plod for my blue mk2 golf with Hella Blue rear lights on it than the corrado does.

dave

That'll be the blue rear light clusters, they love stuff like that.

I do like the viper green on the new 'roccos, although if they did one in Nugget it would be loads better.

A Nugget yellow Rocco would look pretty dam cool!

i found a bright yellow ish one

Yellowscirocco.jpg

i recall the USA getting a Imola yellow for mk3,mk4 mk5 golfs and those look prety smart to but that isnt as bright as Nugget.

I could well ask the same question about Oak Green Mk 2s. :scratch: Its nothing special yet it seems to be so popular. No comprende senor...

I could well ask the same question about Oak Green Mk 2s. :scratch: Its nothing special yet it seems to be so popular. No comprende senor...

They are a great example of a colour that was NOT popular in 1989-92 so not many were bought yet in more recent years the dark greens are a seen as a classy colour.

I have no idea what the attraction is and i own one... but i sure as hell didnt pay any Oak Green Tax on it, circa £1k for a 120k FSH 3dr 16v a few years back.

Im surprised that WHITE corrados arent seen as cool now as white has made a come back yet in the early 90s white was a POOR MANS choice and very uncommon.

DAVE

They are a great example of a colour that was NOT popular in 1989-92 so not many were bought yet in more recent years the dark greens are a seen as a classy colour.

I have no idea what the attraction is and i own one... but i sure as hell didnt pay any Oak Green Tax on it, circa £1k for a 120k FSH 3dr 16v a few years back.

Im surprised that WHITE corrados arent seen as cool now as white has made a come back yet in the early 90s white was a POOR MANS choice and very uncommon.

DAVE

It seems that colours flip in and out of fashion. When I bought mine the nugget was considered a "bad" colour and lowered the value of the car by a couple of hundred quid. I got an Alpine White, not for the colour as I've never really bothered about that. It was the only one I could find that I was happy with the condition of.

couldnt argee more, the corrado is one of but a handful of cars the can pull of that colour, its abit like silver rado's in the sense that it shows of the lines of the car well in my personal opinion. Nugget yellow with black leather recaro's ohhhhh yesssssss :roll:

It seems that colours flip in and out of fashion. When I bought mine the nugget was considered a "bad" colour and lowered the value of the car by a couple of hundred quid. I got an Alpine White, not for the colour as I've never really bothered about that. It was the only one I could find that I was happy with the condition of.

You are right that a lot of people (think even eg parkers guides and the like) seem to think bright colours or unusual colours devalue a car, and others just dont want to draw extra attention to themselves

No doubt this is why a huge proportion of new cars are silver as it is seen as a safe choice although silver corrados look stunning especially with clear or smoked lights.

dave

You are right that a lot of people (think even eg parkers guides and the like) seem to think bright colours or unusual colours devalue a car, and others just dont want to draw extra attention to themselves so prefer bland choices.

No doubt this is why a huge proportion of new cars are silver as it is seen as a safe choice although silver corrados look stunning especially with clear or smoked lights.

dave