Sign in to follow this  
aaron-j

very quick question please guys

just a quick one, im changing the plugs, leads and battery on my vr tomorrow morning, iv done these jobs on other cars but i just want to know if there is anything i need to know about doing it on a vr6 as none of my other cars have maent as much to me as my vr so i dont wont to break anything, do i need to use a plug lead removal tool or can i do it all by hand?

cheers

use a plug lead removal tool, although if you're VERY careful you could use a long nosed set of pliers

if you can get a removal tool i would , i did mine without and it was painfull tryin to get the leads out ,dont think they had been off in a while .

I'd say yes, you'll need a lead removal tool.......when i tried removing my leads (which were getting binned anyway), i tried pulling them out.....they just split and left the cap on the plug......zerocool on here sells the tools, and he'll get it to you quickly, mine arrived within 2 days :D

Ha..... too slow as usual :lol:

i need it done 2moro i havent got time to wait for delivery, can i buy a removal in halfords or sumthing? anything other tips on doing these jobs? like using copper greas or anything?

not sure who GSF are but thanks for the replys anyways im sure i'll sort it myself

German, Swedish and French a supplier of (not very good IMHO) pattern parts for German, Swedish and French made vehicles.

not sure who GSF are but thanks for the replys anyways im sure i'll sort it myself

German, Swedish and French a supplier of (not very good IMHO) pattern parts for German, Swedish and French made vehicles.

Of course absolutely true, but the man said he was in a hurry............... :shrug:

Of course absolutely true, but the man said he was in a hurry............... :shrug:

True but if you order from VW most bits will arrive the following day including Saturdays. Even up this far North the only day the don't get a delivery at the Worlds smallest VW dealer I use is on a Monday.

if you dont/havent used a lead removal tool you may end up ripping the leads from out of a plug or two, get the tool before you start the job.

well i managed to get the job done, wasnt as simple as i thought though, first the alarm kept going off every time i dissconnected the battery, couldnt figure out how to stop it so i just replace the battery with the alarm sounding, its ok now, then two plugs started cross threading :bad-words: but sorted itself out and i had no trouble taking the leads off but loads of trouble getting them to pop back on, im still not sure if they are aon as tight as they should be, seems to run ok, abit lumpy but it was lumpy anyway, thats why i changed the plug and leads in the first place, so next job "moro, clean the ISV.