KipVR

NEW Corrado 2012

According to a local VW salesman my wife was chatting to during a party, there's one out in 2012. Supposed to be very nice and top secret, although not any more! Either he was trying to impress my wife with his knowledge of he's telling the truth, anyone know any more?

I'm sure it'd be leaked by now if there was a new Corrado coming that soon.

Sounds like he was hitting on your wife :D

I'm sure it'd be leaked by now if there was a new Corrado coming that soon.

Sounds like he was hitting on your wife :D

:lol:

There might be, i mean they went rocco, rado and rocco again so rado next right?

OMG, new rado daily, old rado weekend toy!! Im graduating next year too so will be able to afford one haha

Willing to bet it will be a special edition of the current shape Scirocco.

Willing to bet it will be a special edition of the current shape Scirocco.

Nooo it needs to be wider, have a lower roofline and have a bit of boot to give it a proper coupe shape.

I did hear a rumour of a new 'Corrado' a while ago, based on the current Passat Coupe platform. The original Corrado was essentially a Passat coupe, so it's quite fitting really :lol:

Agreed with Abdul, the rocco is just to test the water. The REAL coupe is yet to come :wink:

I hope they don't. Will make our rados 'the old shape' instead of the only shape. The new rocco is a nice car but shouldn't be called a rocco IMO.

is the IROC finally gonna make it into production then?? or are vw not gonna chance such a design out onto the streets.

Interesting, although he was just hitting on your wife.

The new 'rado rumours have been running around for years, although if one appears looking like the one in the Australian design study from about 6 months ago it would be no bad thing.

I really can't see it though, the new 'rocco is expensive enough and the only reason the R spec one is not 4 wheel drive, unlike all the other R spec motors, is that is would compete with entry level TT's.

nope i can confirm i heard the same rumour from a guy i know who works in TPS.... so i think this story holds some water. We need spyshots!!!

I really can't see it though, the new 'rocco is expensive enough and the only reason the R spec one is not 4 wheel drive, unlike all the other R spec motors, is that is would compete with entry level TT's.

Yeah, people dont really give enough credit to the fact that the TT was/is the VAG coupe successor to the Corrado, whether it was intentionally or otherwise. Whenever VW want to build an expensive car these days that isnt just a souped-up version of an existing VW model, then they build an Audi..

I hope it's true, but I really want it to be more than just FWD like the sciriocco/current corrado and proper HP, over 400 at least. 8)

Either he was trying to impress my wife with his knowledge of he's telling the truth, anyone know any more?

we could have a better clue if we had a pic of your missus mate :norty:

Either he was trying to impress my wife with his knowledge of he's telling the truth, anyone know any more?

I concur with Karl :D

With the greatest respect to car salesmen they are usually the last to know about new models - there is no new Corrado due for release in 2012, there is nowhere for it to fit in the Volkswagen Group range for starters. I know people in Volkswagen marketing department in Wolfsburg and if there was a Corrado due for release in 2012 the wheels of marketing would already be working

IF they ever will bring it back into their production line I really hope it will be somewhat near the shape of the original - although I'm not convinced they will. I kinda like the new Scirocco as well - but it bear not much resemblance (or however one spell that) to the original.

it got to get lower at least:

hnaiwxk5csxirv91.jpg

With the greatest respect to car salesmen they are usually the last to know about new models - there is no new Corrado due for release in 2012, there is nowhere for it to fit in the Volkswagen Group range for starters. I know people in Volkswagen marketing department in Wolfsburg and if there was a Corrado due for release in 2012 the wheels of marketing would already be working

The rocco was only just released so once they release one or two revised versions of that which they probably will, another five years will pass. 2015ish release date i'd say.

I may sound like an ass saying this but VW will be the biggest c*cks in my books in the history of car manufacturers if they dont make another rado. Yes this is just my opinion. Dont shoot me for it, i love corrados. They ended production on the rado prematurely last time imo due to shitty sales, imagine if they kept it going for another couple of years? Factory 1.8T and 24v's may have been made? :luvlove:

God knows, if they dont, we'll just have to keep tearing apart their latest offerings to fit the lumps into our mid 90s corrado's which works for me lol.

Kev, if they make it on the passat cc platform its just going to be a big ass merc clk type thing no? Ooooh... does that mean they might put an audi rs4 v8 in it? lool 8)

He must have been chatting up the wife then :lol: :lol: I had my suspicions! Having said that, I havent seen many marketing departments get a two year head start on a project, and if you're trying to keep a secret then they are the last people to tell...but then why would a sales man know!

:lol: :lol: there is a picture of her on this forum mate, I'll let you find it, she's worth it!

IF they ever will bring it back into their production line I really hope it will be somewhat near the shape of the original - although I'm not convinced they will. I kinda like the new Scirocco as well - but it bear not much resemblance (or however one spell that) to the original.

hnaiwxk5csxirv91.jpg

That really is a scary photograph. I don't think I ever quite appreciated how utterly huge the new Scirocco actually is. A pretty shape, but what a tank.

hnaiwxk5csxirv91.jpg

That really is a scary photograph. I don't think I ever quite appreciated how utterly huge the new Scirocco actually is. A pretty shape, but what a tank.

Relatively its not though, the old Rocco and Corrado are pretty small. I notice this when its parked at work next to newer cars.