KipVR

NEW Corrado 2012

]

From what I've seen in the past VW will always protect the Golf. Back in the Corrado days even the Storm wasn't as highly specced as the Golf VR6 Highline (the Highline had air con as standard). Today the Golf R is AWD while the top end Scirocco is FWD. I'm not sure that will change for a car with a VW (rather than Audi) badge on it.

On the other hand only the Corrado had the 2.9 VR6 as standard - where the golf only had this when it was the AWD version.......I guess there will always be different type of "options".....and the Highline VR6 was just that a "Highline" version of that car....

Good point about the engine displacement. The Corrado did get the better engine. In fact, had it been given the standard 2.8 instead then I wonder if the cost could have been reduced and it might have been more successful?

I can't see VW ever releasing a car with the Corrado name as the majority of todays car buyers wouldn't know it was ''reborn'.

Most people would think it's a totally new name and would be scratching their head if they were told it was a relaunch.

Spoke to VW's press office today and confirmed that there are no plans on the table for the Corrado to make a come back. So you should probably ignore your dealerships - they're talking pap!

Spoke to VW's press office today and confirmed that there are no plans on the table for the Corrado to make a come back. So you should probably ignore your dealerships - they're talking pap!

Salesmen Talking Sh!te Shocker!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offence to any salesmen really intended!!

Im actually heart broken.

Has anyone seen Custom my ride when they take a new dodge charger, rip the shell off and put an old charger shell on??

If i had the money needed... TT Rs with corrado shell would be very much my dream car! I always think about it but tbh, it'd probably cost 100k to do or something mad like that.

Has anyone seen Custom my ride when they take a new dodge charger, rip the shell off and put an old charger shell on??

If i had the money needed... TT Rs with corrado shell would be very much my dream car! I always think about it but tbh, it'd probably cost 100k to do or something mad like that.

YES mate i like your thinking, CLassic shells with modern running gear are the way forward.

BUT i would much rather have a R36 powered corrado with Haldex (with a RWD bias).

DAVE

YES mate i like your thinking, CLassic shells with modern running gear are the way forward.

BUT i would much rather have a R36 powered corrado with Haldex (with a RWD bias).

DAVE

Too much weight with the R36 though? I cant think of any car other than the passat that have that lump and a rado shell would not fit over a new passat chassis.

A Corrado shell with a tonne of work would probably somehow fit over a new TT id imagine... You couldnt go wrong imo as technically speaking you've got your self a brand new tt-rs lol.

A Corrado shell with a tonne of work would probably somehow fit over a new TT id imagine... You couldnt go wrong imo as technically speaking you've got your self a brand new tt-rs lol.

But the 3.6 isnt physically much if at all any larger than a R32 lump and we all know they fit into a corrado and dont ruin it. I think im right in saying the 3.6 is a narrower V and longer stroke so i doubt it weights much more as a block but perhaps the extra coolant capacity needed and engine accessories might be larger/heavier but you would be getting close to 300hp from a NA 6er - how can that be a bad thing?

On Vortex there is even a bloke running a R36 bi-turbo in a mk4 so space cant be that much of a issue as a mk4 bay isnt *that* wildly different to a corrado.

i suppose a great alternative would be a increased capacity version of the turbo + supercharged engine - maybe a 2.0 version????

I guess it comes down to 3 things - what VAG produce and how much money + Skills you have

dave

Shame it will cost £70k. Don't forget £23k for a Storm back in 1995 equates to close on £40k today. That's too much for a VW car. As folk have said the TT is the current day successor -that's why I've had 2.

Even if VW did make a new Corrado, I don't think I could face the whole parts obsoleting and pricing shennanigans a second time. Or water pouring onto the electric window switches if you open the window when it's raining.

Yeah that would be nice, but it would be a current VAG group car, which have nothing like the soul and character of our old timers. And by 'character' I don't mean flaws :lol:

And the inability to fix the darn thing without a computer would do my head in.

Don't like it. Only the back is a nod to the original but the side and front are a messy copy of the GTR's styling. I'd rather just buy a GTR. Cheaper and faster!

Corrado will only exist as it is........ dead marketing name, it didn't work. It will just not happen .

"new Scirocco is 2012 according to VW, Mk7 now delayed as Mk6 is too popular"

VW Communications.

VW did state a while back about the Scirocco Mk3 that it was a 5 year, 160,000 unit project as a gap filler at the VW Palmela plant at Setúbal, Portugal. It was based on the premise that they didn't know after a 13 year gap how the model would sell. It has exceeded their expectations by a long shot and almost the line capacity at 51,000 units this last full production year ending April 2010, 20,000 more than planned.

And waiting times excluding the special ie. "R" are still running typically 16 weeks plus. Its been at this level since early 2009. It should be 10 to 12 weeks by VW standards. VW are paying compensation to customers. If you want an factory order "R" version, then kiss upto 12 months goodbye and expect a hire car for upto 6 months plus provided by VW.

Somehow, I do not think there will be any UK Scirocco Mk3 special models or run-out models. Dealers are bringing in Irish specification imports to fill the gaps in stock levels which have differing lower equipment specifications. Prices secondhand are keeping up very well.

With that sales volume new and secondhand, and no time to stop a production line for re-tooling, I just wonder if the new Karmann lines at Osnabrück will be used. So as to switch over to Mk4 "overnight" as they will have no spare new stock to carry over the dealers worldwide if VW did an existing factory line changeover.

The old Karmann lines are being refurbished by VW and the Golf Mk6 Cabriolet will be starting Spring 2011. The factory capacity can also take another model, ie maybe the Mk4 Scirocco.

That makes the Mk4 Scirocco ahead of the Golf Mk7 by two years on the new MQB matrix design if it is a direct launch date exchange. ie. New Scirocco Mk4 - August 2012 and the Golf 7 in 2014 but there are other models migrating to the MQB matrix design, so they may re-order the releases 2012 - 2014 with the Tiguan, Touran and Golf 7 Cabriolet.

If you want an factory order "R" version, then kiss upto 12 months goodbye and expect a hire car for upto 6 months plus provided by VW.

That's crazy! I'd happily wait a year for something special, like a nice hand crafted Aerial Atom V8, or a bespoke Caterham etc etc, but not for some ugly mass produced euro box!

If you want an factory order "R" version, then kiss upto 12 months goodbye and expect a hire car for upto 6 months plus provided by VW.

That's crazy! I'd happily wait a year for something special, like a nice hand crafted Aerial Atom V8, or a bespoke Caterham etc etc, but not for some ugly mass produced euro box!

I take it Kev you're not keen :nuts:

Nope! Never have been, never will be! It's a pig ugly, bulbous and disproportionate spud of a car. In my own opinion of course :D

I have tried to like it, honest, looked around and sat in several whilst at the dealers but I just really do not like them at all. Sorry!

Corrado will only exist as it is........ dead marketing name, it didn't work. It will just not happen .

"new Scirocco is 2012 according to VW, Mk7 now delayed as Mk6 is too popular"

VW Communications.

VW did state a while back about the Scirocco Mk3 that it was a 5 year, 160,000 unit project as a gap filler at the VW Palmela plant at Setúbal, Portugal. It was based on the premise that they didn't know after a 13 year gap how the model would sell. It has exceeded their expectations by a long shot and almost the line capacity at 51,000 units this last full production year ending April 2010, 20,000 more than planned.

And waiting times excluding the special ie. "R" are still running typically 16 weeks plus. Its been at this level since early 2009. It should be 10 to 12 weeks by VW standards. VW are paying compensation to customers. If you want an factory order "R" version, then kiss upto 12 months goodbye and expect a hire car for upto 6 months plus provided by VW.

Somehow, I do not think there will be any UK Scirocco Mk3 special models or run-out models. Dealers are bringing in Irish specification imports to fill the gaps in stock levels which have differing lower equipment specifications. Prices secondhand are keeping up very well.

With that sales volume new and secondhand, and no time to stop a production line for re-tooling, I just wonder if the new Karmann lines at Osnabrück will be used. So as to switch over to Mk4 "overnight" as they will have no spare new stock to carry over the dealers worldwide if VW did an existing factory line changeover.

The old Karmann lines are being refurbished by VW and the Golf Mk6 Cabriolet will be starting Spring 2011. The factory capacity can also take another model, ie maybe the Mk4 Scirocco.

That makes the Mk4 Scirocco ahead of the Golf Mk7 by two years on the new MQB matrix design if it is a direct launch date exchange. ie. New Scirocco Mk4 - August 2012 and the Golf 7 in 2014 but there are other models migrating to the MQB matrix design, so they may re-order the releases 2012 - 2014 with the Tiguan, Touran and Golf 7 Cabriolet.

Interesting read , I liked the scirocco when it came out and as a concept car in 06 but there is nothing special about modern cars no soul .Maybe i am just getting old and stuck in my ways . Love the new quattro concept it does scream corrado to me but given the option i would take the corrado with all the modern running gear 2.5 turbo engine 4wd yes please and still probably lighter than the quattro concept car.

Nope! Never have been, never will be! It's a pig ugly, bulbous and disproportionate spud of a car. In my own opinion of course :D

I have tried to like it, honest, looked around and sat in several whilst at the dealers but I just really do not like them at all. Sorry!

I take it you're talking about the Scirocco then? I thought you meant the Audi until you started mentioning sitting in several at the dealers!

To confirm, I like the Audi. Not a great fan of the Scirocco.