Sign in to follow this  
robbie_d

Changing suspension - what other bits to do?

Right,

Decided on a Weitec Ultra GT suspension kit.

Just wondering what other bits and pieces I should be looking to change whilst I'm fitting the new kit. I was thinking top mounts and bump stops (both haven't been changed in a good while), but is there anything else I should be doing to save another job down the line?

Cheers.

I'd go for track rod ends and ball joints if you're looking for a refresh. Maybe even wishbone bushes depending on their condition

Cheers mate.

Bump stops, top mounts and bearings ordered.

Now just need a dry weekend!

You got the part numbers for them mate? I'm changing the whole of my suspension too.

x2 for wishbone bushes. The originals are usually well shot. I've just changed mine to the TT ones. I have literally changed everything on the front end, I haven't completed it yet but I'm convinced the TT bushes are going to make the biggest difference.

Any chance of the part numbers of the bits you guys got hold of?

Plus any feedback would be great of how thing are now with everything freshened up 8)

Thanks mate, I've seen those on ebay but not known if they were good or not. Not heard of that make before. I phoned TPS today and got quoted £16 +vat each on this same part number!

Also quoted around £40 each on drop links and ends (really not sure what I'm on about here!), would that sound a bit pricey or not?

Sorry mate, I couldn't comment on the price, I'm the guy who has his mates do the mechanical work or just pays VW to do it! I replaced both my drop link ends this year, but I can't remember the price - if they need doing, then for the sake of £40 I'd think it was worth doing.

Don't know how much the labour would be if you got hte garage to do it?! Maybe a couple of hours max? Considering that its £95ph at my local (UK) based dealership it could add up quickly.

Thanks v much mate for your help, my car won't be going to any garage thats for sure :pale: All work carried out is myself, my brother and good mates :notworthy: It is pretty shocking what garages charge :bad-words: