Peebee

New car cleaning kit?

I fell out with my Auto Glym stuff at BVF this year and have decided i need a change. What other cleaning products do people recommend and wheres best to buy it from?

Cheers,

Paul... :wave:

Look no further than here but e prepared to have a whole new world opened to you.

Any of the sellers on their will provide great service - I have used Elite Car Care, Serious Performance and Clean Your Car many times and never been let down / disappointed

www.detailingworld.co.uk

I fell out with them too, but after trying lots of alternatives, Super Resin Polish is still the best "handjob" polish IMO. Plus I love their glass polish too, but I wouldn't buy anything else.

My current setup, excluding all the little bits and bobs:

Shampoo - Duragloss http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Pro ... w_779.html

Wax/Sealant - Finish Kare http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/ ... d_589.html

Quick Wax - Megs NXT Spray Wax (Halfords)

Tyres - Megs Endurance Gel (Halfords)

I fell out with my Auto Glym stuff at BVF this year and have decided i need a change. What other cleaning products do people recommend and wheres best to buy it from?

Cheers,

How do you fall out with a polish? :scratch: Now I've done that with a beer (Caffreys) about 15 years ago and never touched the stuff again.

Anyway back on topic I'm sticking with Auto Glym - seems to be best for someone like me who only has time to polish in 30 mins not 3 hours.

Here is a short list of what I use, I've got loads more but this is a minimum.

Fast glass is amazing, don't stop getting that.

Megs endurance tyre gel (its purple) for a good long length tyre gel.

Poor boys interior stuff, can't remember what it's called, it's light blue.

Poor boys black hole for dark cars is good if you don't or haven't corrected it.

Dodo juice hardwax.

Chemical guys quick detailer.

Oh and a Sonus claybar for getting rid of tar and tree sap every 6 months or so.

Erm, I think that's all you would want for a basic kit.

so far i've been really impressed with any dodo juice product i've tried, i thought they were some kind of scene gimmick at first but after buying some am really impressed.

although i don't limit myself to one make of product

so far i've been really impressed with any dodo juice product i've tried, i thought they were some kind of scene gimmick at first but after buying some am really impressed.

although i don't limit myself to one make of product

That's exactly what I thought, the funky labels and weird name made me think it was just a gimmick but it is great stuff. The hard wax that I use on my Midnight blue C is this one:

http://www.dodojuice.com/purple-haze-ca ... r-wax.html

I think it was about £35 but it's lasted forever and if you only put on a couple of layers a year it's all you need, or you can re-apply after every wash and get a nice protective coating.

What's a good pressure washer?

My £99 special Karcher from Tesco blew up not long ago and I need something new and improved. I read on a detailing forum that Karcher have gone to plastic pumps on their cheaper models, which is why they're failing. Anyone got a Nilfisk? I hear they have metal pumps still?

As for waxes n things. There's too many of them out there, but Collinite Marque D'Elegance gives great results on mine and it beads water for 12 months, which is fantastic for a lazy b'stard like me. You get a goodly amount in the tin too, so lasts for ages.

I do miss the smell of my old Swissol stuff though, but that stuff is a complete rip off. Never again!

I've got a bottom of the range halfords one, think it was about £50 and its brilliant. Does exactly what you want it to do and theres no point getting a ridiculously high pressure one as its only going to end up damaging the paint anyway (i speak from experience and what appeared to have been a previous shit paint job that started flaking).

I really need to sort out my cleaning products, my car is swirled to buggery. Always used super resin but bought some megs to try out and i hate it, really greasy. My mate got a kit off cleanyourcar with collinite and he thinks its brilliant, did his car the other day and its beads soo well.

you want a nilfisk c120 kev...

there are many products out there regarding detailing. i have tried most big name products, and find serious performance a great product line, finish kare is alos very good, optimum polymers my favourite to name a few.

get over to detailing world as said, i did and never looked back (or in my wallet :lol:)

Cheers,

How do you fall out with a polish? :scratch: Now I've done that with a beer (Caffreys) about 15 years ago and never touched the stuff again.

Anyway back on topic I'm sticking with Auto Glym - seems to be best for someone like me who only has time to polish in 30 mins not 3 hours.

Well i cant remember what he used but a mate of mine had a much cleaner, shinier finish compared to my Auto Glym. I totally agree, Caffreys, no no. Banks for the win. :)

Have you had a look at Bilt Hamber , they are turning out some impressive products and their range seems to be expanding all the time.

The Surfex HD is far and away the best degreaser / APC i have tried.

By the way i am not connected to them in any way but have just recieved my first re-order from them along with some rust treatment products that are doing a great job on my 288mm front caliper re-furbs.