OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

They look MUCH better than I was expecting. Maybe it's just the red paint, but I hope they look that good on everyone else's!

I can't believe you're in two minds Coullstar. TH2s are to Lancia Deltas like MOs are to Corrados, so get em off and get the MOs on! :D

Tyres... I can't decide. I've found my car much preferes Assymetric tyres like the Conti Sport, Kumho KU19 etc, so it'll be either of those two I reckon.

Yeah but its smiley all the way home nose. Thr THJ2's are the hardest wheels Ive ever to run

Cant even remember posting that, too much beer last night. I think they will suit the standard looking cars even more.

me.. i will be stickin with me cheapies ive got on , to skint to buy more and my c is a fun car not a daily so dont feel the need for expensive tyres .

Surely all the more reason to put expensive tyres on.

Daily drivers aren't pushed as hard as fun weekend cars and they aren't used as often so tyres last longer (time not distance)

You gotta remember that the 4 tyres are your ONLY 4 points of contact between the car and the road. Sticking cheap budgets on is like wearing marigolds as oven gloves.

And I've seen it happen before... a standard unmodified Clio 182 Cup was quicker and safer (braking distance/cornering grip) on Michelin tyres than a modified one (coilovers, ARBs, brakes etc) on budget "ditch finder" tyres

yea i know what your sayin guys and i do agree but the funds are not available at the mo , ive spent well over three large in a year on her , just want to get her finished when she is sorn [end of sept] new scuttle panel ,roof rubbers etc all the stuff i need to do to make it a minter .

Kumho upwards imo are fine. So £50 right up to the excellent, but overpriced, Michelin Pilot sports at £150ish, and everything in between.

It's just the unknown tyres with comedy Chinglish names which should be avoided! All the big players use the same silica compounds, or very similar, and state of the art manufacturing processes to ensure they don't fall apart half way round the Nurburgring. The £30 17" tyres with Chinglish names are probably just remoulded from chopped up s/hand tyres and I wouldn't put those on my lawnmower, let alone a car :D

:lol: they were more than 30 sobs .but do have a dodgy name ...dimond backs ? they seem ok though ,give it the beans in2nd off the rounabout they seem to hold ok [im no stig though!] .

as matt or nath will tell you im to ocd to take her out in the wet :lol: know what you are sayin though they are cheapo nasties .

as matt or nath will tell you im to ocd to take her out in the wet :lol: know what you are sayin though they are cheapo nasties .

Don't worry guys, Rob drives like he's driving Miss Daisy!

I think so Kev.

Checked my account balance, and the cheque has cleared so will just give Comp a ring to make sure they do take payment today, and hopefully should have them tomorrow morning :D

im hoping i will be getting a phone call today as i need them wheels in my life, going to look amazing lads!! cant believe how good they look, mine are going on saturday no matter what :lol:

My cheque has cleared, so just spoke to James and I'm all paid up... should be at my door tomorrow :D

made them the same size if that helps

Desktop.jpg[/attachment:36uca1rf]

decided in the end given that the price was still going to stand for you all that I was going to wait till money wasnt such an issue as it is at the moment. I was going to go for black though which did look very good at the factory! not sure why we forgot to take any picture of those and the white ones at the time though :shrug:

its the centre part of the original speedline that i think makes them so nice, i probably going to be the only one here to say i don't really like the bigger ones, same with the 16's that were posted a while back, i find the centre of wheel too deep :(

i find standard brakes too small though :camp: :lol:

its as close as you can get for sure! and i might have to ring James and see what the crack is

Seeing the MO and Speedline side by side like that, I actually find the deeper recess of the MO to be MUCH nicer than the Speedline :D

I'm inclined to agree with you there... the MO5s I had on my old car were almost identical to the speedlines... slightly curved spokes, no centre recess, the face was pretty much flush. These ones I much prefer

Mine have arrived and I've checked all 4. I'm a happy chappy :D

I'd say the finish is acceptable rather than outstanding tbh. The paint thickness and texture is variable and patchy across the set, but doesn't bother me. The spoke faces are smooth and well painted. It's just the insets between each spoke where the spray gun is harder to get to, that are the problem areas.

Only a concours fanatic might have cause for compaint though tbh.

I've ordered 4 x Kumho KU31 215/40 in for tomorrow, so I should have fitted pics for you tomorrow evening.

I wanted the KU19s but Kumho have no stock. No stock of KU31 in 205/40 either, so kind of forced into 215s really. The guy checked Kumho UK's main depot stocks, so other tyre sellers will run into stock problems too. He said tyres across the board are hard to get at the moment, especially the budgets like the Kumhos. Selling like hot cakes apparently.

£75 all in, each. A little more than I wanted to pay, but 215 isn't a common size and he does the best balance job in town, so happy to pay a few more quid for a done once, done right job.

Actually £300 fitted from a local tyre place is pretty good.

Camskill sell em at £241 posted, but but the time you've added fitting to the equation.....probs only save £20 at the most.

Looks like there's a bit more caliper clearance than the my Pro Race 1s. Do the Leon Brembos really not fit behind them at ET35?

Very happy with the way they look. I've satin blacked the centre caps as chrome isn't my thing and also cut down the plastic wheelbolt covers to suit.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the weight. My bathroom scales say 10.4 Kg, which from previous experience (Oettinger RE) ruins the handling on these cars (imo). Can someone verify on some more accurate scales??

There's easily space for 350mm discs behind these wheels :D

Looks like there's a bit more caliper clearance than the my Pro Race 1s. Do the Leon Brembos really not fit behind them at ET35?

Very happy with the way they look. I've satin blacked the centre caps as chrome isn't my thing and also cut down the plastic wheelbolt covers to suit.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the weight. My bathroom scales say 10.4 Kg, which from previous experience (Oettinger RE) ruins the handling on these cars (imo). Can someone verify on some more accurate scales??

they look nice. :clap: