Sam.l

Cult society air ducts.

Kev, why not use the Corrado brake air ducts from the G60/16valvers? You could easily chop the air duct short and run it up through the cc hole.

I looked at this, you would have to chop a piece out of the centre and re-join it. Much more modification then whats required to make the BMW air duct fit.

Interestingly, the E30 air duct pictured above is actually for the brakes!

Quality bit of research and implementation mate :salute:

Is the air from the scoop go in via the carbon can hole? Just trying to think of a way to get air from the scoop into my stock airbox..... Could do without the headlight being there really :lol:

Cheers Kev. LOL yep, if I could remove the headlight that would be ideal!

The biggest problem is the bumper iron IIRC, but you could route it up into the carbon canister hole and join it to the bottom of a stock airbox, this would also mean the incoming air would have to pass through the standard filter.

Is the air from the scoop go in via the carbon can hole? Just trying to think of a way to get air from the scoop into my stock airbox..... Could do without the headlight being there really :lol:

One functional, one not...?

Not sure if i like the look of the Kamei ones, bit too small! How much work is needed to get the E30 bmw ducts to fit? And is there a way to route air to the airbox, bearing in mind i have yet to remove the CC? And StueyB, yeah ill have the link. Worth a look though i dont really fancy payin loads!

Thanks alot mate.

You'd have to cut a hole in the bottom half of the airbox and use some of that flexible ducting stuff.

Some good ideas though chaps. You can see VW had the same problem getting decent quantities of air into the air box aswell :lol: Having said that, there's always tonnes of assorted bugs, bits of hay, leaves and twigs etc at the bottom of my air box, so there must be more airflow around the headlight than we think?

I looked at this, you would have to chop a piece out of the centre and re-join it. Much more modification then whats required to make the BMW air duct fit.

Interestingly, the E30 air duct pictured above is actually for the brakes!

I'm not talking about running cool air to the brakes though pal which would involve doing what you mention due to the wider track. If Kev wanted to get cold air to his airbox he would just have to buy a G60/16v air duct and mount it as VW do to the bumper, cut it short and and jubilee some air duct onto it that goes up to the airbox via the cc hole and job done. You also get to keep your fog lights and use existing fixing points to mount the duct.

Cheers Kip!

Do these ducts mount in the corners under the bumper, sort of next to the towing eye? Strange how the VR6 never got brake cooling ducts when it was the fastest Corrado!

Cheers Kip!

Do these ducts mount in the corners under the bumper, sort of next to the towing eye? Strange how the VR6 never got brake cooling ducts when it was the fastest Corrado!

yes they do, then attach to the plastic inner arch.

i assume you would need a pair of inner arches too, if the vr never had them.

I was looking at the 16v ducts but in the end just bought some of the flexible hose the same diameter as the CC hole. Its fed down into the grill below towing eye cover and exits just below my filter. The air is not getting directly fed to filter as you could do with the BMC but Im not sure that is ideal, the filter would get dirty very quickly I suspect.

As for the cult society ones they were nice but in the end I sold them as I was looking to get more air to the intercooler but they point the wrong way. My grill and cut out plate seem to do a good enugh job. They would be good to allow cold air into the engine bay mind you.

IIRC the inner arch liners on a vr had mouldings for these but no actual holes.

I'm not talking about running cool air to the brakes though pal which would involve doing what you mention due to the wider track. If Kev wanted to get cold air to his airbox he would just have to buy a G60/16v air duct and mount it as VW do to the bumper, cut it short and and jubilee some air duct onto it that goes up to the airbox via the cc hole and job done. You also get to keep your fog lights and use existing fixing points to mount the duct.

This is a very good point Kip, I think we had our wires crossed, for some reason I thought you meant attaching these scoops into the fog light hole :cuckoo:

How much work is needed to get the E30 bmw ducts to fit?

Not too much actually, you need to sand down the edge so it fits flush to the bumper and join it to the indicator. (obviously you would need to spray the BMW scoop too)

In fact, Prodigal's G60 didn't actually have the the holes cut in the inner wheel arch cover either and his is a 1992. Perhaps it was only the 16vs that the ducts were fully implemented in, or maybe Prod's car had new covers :D

Cheers Kip!

I`am in deep shock !!

I`ve changed part of my Corrado that Kev has`nt :shock: :shock:

Cheers Kip!

No worries Kev! Yes they just bolt straight on to the bits next to the towing eye bit as you said. I found out the hard way that they didn't fit VR's, by cutting out the mouldings in my arch liner (If you look at the back of the VR liner there is a moulded return flange as if they were going to do it but didn't) and then offered up said ducts to find out they don't meet up with the widetracked VR's. So I'm going to run round duct all the way to the back of brake disc using the holes to pass the ducting through. Hope you can make sence of all that.

Here is a pic of my VR arch liner with the duct hole blanked over. The early 16V's etc weren't blanked over.

P220109_13.46.JPG[/attachment:13yi3xxs]

IIRC the inner arch liners on a vr had mouldings for these but no actual holes.

This is a very good point Kip, I think we had our wires crossed, for some reason I thought you meant attaching these scoops into the fog light hole :cuckoo:

No problem fella :D

The air is not getting directly fed to filter as you could do with the BMC but Im not sure that is ideal, the filter would get dirty very quickly I suspect.

Too right it's not ideal, if it were a direct feed that low down and you went through a puddle, you can kiss goodbye to your engine!

Not too much actually, you need to sand down the edge so it fits flush to the bumper and join it to the indicator. (obviously you would need to spray the BMW scoop too)

Thanks for the tip, just got me a set for a fiver from egay! 8)

Thanks for the tip, just got me a set for a fiver from egay! 8)

Seems it is catching, just picked up a set for the same sum from eBay 8)

I made my own air ducts for my car, I have modified the Inpro indicators and fogs. I have cut out the fog lamps, leaving behind the frames. I then sourced a pair of abs plastic rectangular air ducts, and trimmed these to fit. The ducts were then plastic glued into the frames and prepped ready for painting with plasticised gloss black. The purpose of this was to feed cold air into a custom made lightweight alloy bumper iron which I made. This ducts the air directly to the radiator eliminating the need to cut out the number plate mounting. It also served to reduce significantly the weight of the heavy OEM bumper iron.

519ca2dc-9fb0-07cf.jpg519ca2dc-9fc3-4bf8.jpg

Cheers buddy

I took the old fog light out of the surround, then cut some bbq grill to the correct shape and bounded it inside the recess. Then several tries with filler and sanding back to get the shape properly. Then painted and laquered. Simple really just took some time to get right. If done again I would make sure I would trial fit with indicators I am going to use as trial fitted with some spare ones and with the laminx fitted it was a bit tight so I had to redo them slightly. I can email the progress pics as shows the different stages through the making process.

That would be great mate, prices and the scarcity of cult society ducts in the uk would seem that a d.i.y approach would be far better! Ill PM you my email.

Thanks again.

Will take the rear top mounts please.

This post seems to have gone astray, noticed one in wanted last night that should have been in the Ebay forum