Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

new rad - where from?

dont really need one but ordered some samco's so thought i might as well put a new rad and fittings on at the same time.

just wondering if anyone can recomend anywhere to get one? been quoted £85 inc vat locally, which i didnt think was to bad but he would have to check availability first.

I got one from Euro Car Parts last week cost me £30 lol... seems fine but its not oem style/quality

Go OEM mate never skimp on a radiator

Indeed it'll cost you way more in the long run if an after market one fails! VW all the way on this item :wink:

I just bought a new one from VW, quality compared to my old one is significant to say the least! £185 inc vat i got it for so not too bad for a vr radiator. Only thing is now my heater matrix has gone, just ordered one from VW today too, they are £145 now!!! :shock: :shock: but i only plan on doing this job once and only once so genuine all the way! another 17 years!

I just bought a new one from VW, quality compared to my old one is significant to say the least! £185 inc vat i got it for so not too bad for a vr radiator. Only thing is now my heater matrix has gone, just ordered one from VW today too, they are £145 now!!! :shock: :shock: but i only plan on doing this job once and only once so genuine all the way! another 17 years!

By memory they are valeo one's, which is what GSF sell for 40 quid! So I read some where and is what I fitted to the daily.

well who makes the OEM ones? surely at this stage it must be the same as aftermarket suplliers such as euro, partco etc???

will give VW a ring tomoz see how much they gonna charge me. best the talc out! :lol: but you never know might have one laying around!

Yeah, you can bet that VW are canny about sourcing parts from the cheapest supplier just like GSF et al are ... It's not like they have a stockpile of these parts from the original manufacturing production runs sitting on the shelf any more.

A UK company called Denso Marsden make the rad cores in the UK but the plastic end bits are crimped on in Germany so it's VAG only for this.

G60's need better cooling than any other corrado engine - you'd be mad not to buy genuine for this.

Regarding heater matrixes - again VAG is the way to go, made by Valeo yes but compare a VW Valeo one with one made for the pattern market - significantly different!

Indeed Steve, it really isn't worth the risk! Just like rear wheel bearings :lol:

Regarding heater matrixes - again VAG is the way to go, made by Valeo yes but compare a VW Valeo one with one made for the pattern market - significantly different!

Cheers, now someone brings that little fact up, although I'd have to see it to believe it. It seems hard to believe that they would make the same part different qualities for different customers.

Cheers, now someone brings that little fact up, although I'd have to see it to believe it. It seems hard to believe that they would make the same part different qualities for different customers.

Happens alot - Clutches produced for VAG by SACHS / LUK / Valeo are much different to the kits sold by GSF / ECP etc, same with Shocks, wheel bearing kits boxed by SKF etc

Happens alot - Clutches produced for VAG by SACHS / LUK / Valeo are much different to the kits sold by GSF / ECP etc, same with Shocks, wheel bearing kits boxed by SKF etc

That's worrying as I fitted that 6 months since. My other (best) C matrix is looming at 103K so might just do it for piece of mind trying the VAG part this time, hopefully I'll be able to tell the difference for £100.

according to the dealer they dont do a rad for the G60 anymore. still get all the coolant flanges though. so looks like im going to the likes of euro, pages, partco etc...

there nout actually wrong with mine just thought i would treat her to a new one.

is it the same mounting points? i guess it would just have screw holes for the aircon rad to fix to?

which dealers did you get it from sometimes they have stock laying about, or so the guy at VW told me.

That's worrying as I fitted that 6 months since. My other (best) C matrix is looming at 103K so might just do it for piece of mind trying the VAG part this time, hopefully I'll be able to tell the difference for £100.

Ill be picking mine up tomorrow from VW so will put a few pics up here, let me know if theres a difference, £100 more is a lot of brass for the same part, if it is the same that is!

Ill be picking mine up tomorrow from VW so will put a few pics up here, let me know if theres a difference, £100 more is a lot of brass for the same part, if it is the same that is!

How about this, I get one from GSF and we compare them. I work near GSF and can borrow one (I'll not tell them that).

When you planning on fitting it? We could meet at Harewood house if your going and you've not already fitted it and compare them, I'm sure everyone on here will appreciate it.

I will be fitting it tomorrow hopefully, im taking the dash apart now,just stopped for a beer! :D My matrix has deffo gone, i can see drips of coolant now i removed most the dash parts.

i can take loads of photos of it before i put it in, and you can do likewise, then we can see if there is any dfference??

or you could call round and compare them in the flesh before i put it in if you can be arsed?you arent that far away? or did you say you were working?

But im deffo wanting to get in asap, i have hardly driven the car all year!!

I'm not working today which is the problem as I work in Sheffield just down the road from GSF. I'll try and borrow one at some point to take a few pictures and we can post a few comparison pictures up.