aide

my wheels

got 12 months MOT again yesterday, only advisory was a number plate light which was overlooked at pre check :cheers:

dragged myself out of bed early this (absolutely gorgeous) morning to fit the carbon bonnet, absolute doddle to fit, managed it fine on my own too. sunlight pronounces the weave, its a lot subtler in normal light, going to keep it like it is and then decide whether to paint or not. not driven it yet, so looking forward to seeing if i notice a difference nose lightness wise.

Cheers, feel like I'm beginning to get my mojo back for the motor, maybe just the good weather tho!

What's the fit and finish like? I'm tempted to get one when I've got the engine conversion sorted and on the road. I'd paint mine though.

Perfect fit, it's not as stiff as original of course so you have to push the two catches home rather than self weight doing job for you, sprayer holes aren't cut, but intend to mount them underneath. The only item that doesn't transfer over is the rubber seal that runs along the front lip of the bonnet, could be glued I suppose. I'm very happy with finish, if I was being picky I could find very minor issues, but if getting painted those issues would disappear anyway.

Wow over a year since last post, time sure does fly. Minor update only as too busy with house to do anything with the vr, but managed to cut the washer jets into the CF bonnet, and transferred the front rubber wind shield and side cushion things from old bonnet. Got warned at last years MOT about handbrake imbalance, so adjusted that from 48% to 2% - pure fluke got it so close as did it by feel.

Got another years MOT so can drive it at least.

Thats it. Next update 2015 lol.

One of my new years resolutions was to get this car at least sort of presentable, as last real work I did was over two and half years ago, so time to invest a bit more time in the old banger.

Given myself until a local retro run in April, roughly two and bit months, thought I may as well start with a list of what needs done;

Bodywork

- front bumper needs sanded back and re-polished (done)

- smoked tints for the headlights

- go a few paint rub through marks i need to sort

- new side repeaters (Done - smoked ones)

- respray vento cup wheels

- proper detail and clean

- straighten fuel filler cap, not sitting straight

- need to sand down and polish drivers side in entirety (....1/2 done)

- roof strips refurb (Done until hopefully the group buy turns up trumps with new ones)

Running train

- 312 brakes (need 6mm spacers)

Engine bay

- good clean down

- new CDA filter

- full fluid and filter service (Oil & filter done)

- new clutch (Done)

- fit r32 alloy sump

- poly front engine mount DONE)

- clips for washer jets and cable

- sort stalling issue

- remove lighting kit

- oil pressure sender

- change thermostat

Internally

- handbrake stalk cover

- very very good clean required.

- fix sun roof (again)

That's it, no doubt I'll be adding a new door handle and starting issue in due course :)

Edited by aide

Few pics of progress just for the record.

Got new clutch fitted, slight judder but to be expected, old one looked hardly worn but was slipping badly. Changed clear to smoked side repeaters, oil and filter change done, and fitted one of Jays group buy poly mounts, old one was severely squashed and misshapen. Been attending to some dodgy paint on the drivers side, just a progress shot will update once painted and polished out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81356[/ATTACH]

Not sure what issue is with photos on this thread, may try hosting site in future. Guide is on jays original group buy thread, photos gone but explanation clear enough.

Photo's do work but it's a little clunky, and you need to shrink them down to a sensible size - it'll throw a wobbly if you try and attach pictures straight out of your camera if they're at an enormous resolution :)

Do reduce resolution Jim, defo none over half a mb, think it might be because I've got over 100 pics on the same thread, time for clear out perhaps!