aide

my wheels

corrado nr 4, black k reg vr6 with 93k on the clock.

- rebuilt and painted rear beam, new bushes, bias regulator, goodridge braided brake lines, mk4 brakes, discs, pads, bearings, stone shields and looooooads of clips. H&R anti roll bar stripped, painted and fitted.

- kw v2's on, alongside new top mounts and some major cleaning under the arches.

- 288mm brakes refurbed, painted and fitted with braided lines from DG Autotec and some cross drilled discs and new pads.

- rear spoiler now works following strip and rebuild

- de-crusted the contacts to sort wing mirrors

- new aux water pump, new yellow temp sender and g12

- lupo wipers

- oil, filter and spark plug change

- K&N panel filter

- degreased the ISV, fixed the ISV damper pot

- bonnet earth strap replaced

- replaced rusting rear number plate light cover

- fitted black VW badge

- replaced fuel filter, stripped and repainted the filter bracket

- rear lights tinted red, strips mean they flash yellow

- replaced the bearing in the tensioner and fitted new serpentine belt

- fitted new fuel pump

- painted and fitted a replacement sump

- new plates

- pulled (lessened) a few dents

jobs to do

- passat moonroof - ONE OF NEXT JOB'S

- cylinder head and front subframe overhaul for the winter DONE!

- central locking

- sort out a few wee rust spots and dents GETTING THERE... DOES IT EVER END.

- tinted film for front lights and fogs

- remove bump strips DONE

- little nervous about the windscreen pillar, hmmm

- fix everything else that will go wrong along the way...

Edited by aide

Great looking car mate, love the black ones. Good work on the rear beam, really want to get this done myself soon. Vento Cups will look spot on too,

AJ

aye cheers, worth doing the rear beam, i had it off the road three months whilst i did the beam, brakes and suspension and the whole car feels loads tighter now and no crashiness, brakes still bedding in tho.

losing the will doing the wheels myself, they're not far of prepped now, that's`an old photo, might just take them to a local guy for the £200 it'll cost me, planning on a gun metal gray, am going for moody look :)

Think it will work well with the wheels that colour. Need to start getting some parts together for the beam rebuild (and a beam) and make it up fully then a case of switching old for new.

Sounds like you've make some quality upgrades along the way, where did you buy the new seals to redo the brakes, dealers/TPS?

AJ

Look amazing aide :)

Lots of time put in but all the things you've done are spot on. How did you know the tensioner bearing needed replaced, what were the symptoms? And those 288 brakes look the business... still some bargins to be had on ebay then :salute: your speedlines look mint as well, have you ever thought about adding spacers to them for a wider stance?

thanks dan, gotta love the bay! photos are masking a lot of rust and dent issues, attention turning to those now :) yeh plan is to get the 16's on and see how they sit, they're a lower offset but the rim slopes out quite a bit so they will poke more, will space if not far enough 8)

couldn't hear the bearing, but the tensioner is £100+ and the bearing £7 so just a peace of mind thing when i changed the belt, old one was rough in comparison though.

> AJ - got the seals from the dealers, pricey at £50 just for 2 288's, a swap is the best plan with the beam i just couldn't get one local, defo a summer job if you're doing on the garage floor!

Looks lovely mate.

You have inspired me to do my beam and brakes this winter 8)

Those vento cups should look awesome as well :luvlove:

Damn that's one good looking Rado! I wanted a black one, ended up with Blackberry, but I ain't complaining now.

And have to say I am jealous as that you have access to garage space and the know-how to work on her yourself. :tongue:

Good job dude.

/\ cheers for comments. My last one was a blackberry, lovely colour, the wife is dropping hints about a blakberry re-spray already :)

fitted the VDO guages I got from Cazzavr :cheers:

really don't like the cubby hole factory ones, and don't like the pods on the windscreen pillar either, took a few hours to chop out the ashtray and lighter, modify the guage support and face plate, but result looks pretty oem i think and i've kept the cubby hole to boot. will relocate the lighter beneath for charging ipods etc.

/\ cheers.

slow progress lately, but managed a few little jobs;

- dewipered the rear and painted the rear vw badge.

- got the guages 95% wired in, just need the senders and new bulbs.

spent afternoon lying on my back in the peeing rain grinding the OEM exhaust system off the car, then getting the new mid and back box fitted, also figured i'd clean the shields whilst i was scrabbing around on the floor :)

Your VR looks well tidy, mate! Looks like you're not skipping around anywhere either, got some really nice and fresh looking parts on there mind! :D

Those 288's look nice and cosy in the Speedline ey mate? Lol I reckon there's less than a 4mm gap between mine!

Nice work dude! :thumbleft:

cheers, yeh really cosey fit, they're just bedding in now and the difference is waaayyy better, plan is to got 312 when the vento cups go on.

definitely following your lead with the headlight tints and dark wheels sometime soon 8)

cheers, yeh really cosey fit, they're just bedding in now and the difference is waaayyy better, plan is to got 312 when the vento cups go on.

definitely following your lead with the headlight tints and dark wheels sometime soon 8)

Cool man 8) Look forward to seeing the tints and dark rims on a black rado! That'll look well mean :D

Meant to ask how long u've had this one?

Cool man 8) Look forward to seeing the tints and dark rims on a black rado! That'll look well mean :D

Meant to ask how long u've had this one?

had this one nearly a year, am taking my time!

yeh aim is kinda stealthy looking without being lary, don't want people trying to score gear off me :lol:

Those Pods look excellent Aide, very OEM looking. Where do you connect them to?

Liking the exhaust as well, the back pipe fits well. Is it a Magnex?

cheers Dan, guage power is wired to the switched live glovebox light, i've two sender wires ready for routing through the passenger footwell when i get the senders, the guage lights are piggybacked off a 9v supply to the ashtray light but are way too dim with new bulbs i got, so am going to investigate LED's.

yeh its a miltek courtesy of -Neil- off here, fits pretty good in the gap, but I think I have a slight knock somewhere :/ another 2nd hand item, anyone get the impression i'm a cheapskate yet :lol:

did you make it to the last gtini meet? read there's good one planned for mountstewart soon which I'd like to get to, long way from your neck of woods though!

Doesn't look like your cheap skating anywhere on your car, it looks like a proper project 8)

I remember reading a 'how to' connect the OEM clocks in an old sprinter magazine. I could search for it if it is any use to you although I think you'll be able to get it sorted ok.

Didn't get to the last GTINI meeting... my mate who was supposed to travel with me let me down & I didn't want to go to my first one on my todd. Still interested in going to one though and travelling is not a problem.

Very nice looking rado indeed mate. Did you do the rear lights yourself? I see that you pin striped the indicators. Was in a pain doing the striping? What tint spray did you use? I was thinking of doing mine like that for a while now. Sorry for all the questions but they look sweet. :)