Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

any strange 'raddo habits.....?

anyone got any odd rituals when setting off - driving - parking up their 'raddo's??

Sure I'll start....

ALWAYS clean the rear of the car of dirt and dust, just a quick rub down using my 'on-board cleaning kit' basically a Tesco bag with old cloths, Mr Muscle window cleaner/back2black/spare Oil&Coolant - can't have one of the best views of the car ruined by a tardy appearance. :nono:

Dust down the footwell carpets - especially the passenger one, as the 'corrado' logo is still near brand new!

Pop the roof to 'tilt'.

wait till I'm on the open road before putting on the choons!

always bring engine temp to 84 degree's before any, ahem, 'spirited' driving :lol:

in line with above I drive just under the 55mph so's not to deploy the rear spoiler until blast off - having watched a few C's from behind, it's a sweet sight as they lift off and the spoiler sneaks up, like the cars about to go into 'warp drive' :lol:

New One: when on quiet bit of big open safe road :norty: , like to bring her slowly up to 2,500rpm in 1st gear, then woooshhhhh' aply some welly and be constantly amazed now quick this car is :cheers:

sunroof to tilt, driver window open unless going 60mph+

let it warm up to 96 before booting it unless there is someone i want to race earlier doors i will give it some over 70

oil temp 106 degrees means stage 3 fan time

Get in, realise I've forgotten something... go get that.

Turn the engine on and pray the oil pressure light goes out, open sunroof fully, unless it's raining then it's tilted.

Pray I make it back home without the oil pressure light coming on or something going wrong

I pray the ABS light goes off.

Oh and check the car is locked a few times before i walk off. I also occasionally check the boot is locked too :)

Fold wing-mirrors back out, tilt sunroof, wait until open road before switching on the choons, unless windscreen is fogged up I have blowers set to 'blow in my face' and usually on 1, unless it's mega hot, but never ever put blowers on full. Dunno why... :shrug:

Check drivers mat is all the way back to the seat.

Oh and put me sunnies on, yes even in winter! :cuckoo:

What a awesome thread with mine sort out seating position mirrors let her tick over for a while listen to the engine purr then off i go and pray nothin else goes wrong with her :nuts:

Despite being a seasoned Corrado owner, I don't really have any Rado specific habits to be honest. I do the normal stuff regarding letting oil temperature get to at least 80 degrees before exceeding 3,000RPM but that's about it.

If I've had people sitting in the back, or if I've had stuff in the back, when I put the seats back into position I always lay the seatbelt over the handle on the seat so that it's "to hand" next time I get in the car!

Windows down, equally each side, so the front edge just disappears past the mirror :clap:

Pray the right hand indicators arent stuck on, if so pop out and rip all the bulbs out (can do it in approx 15 seconds now!)

The drive, slowly, watching out for any potholes/cambers/catseyes.

And pray for no problems. The list is so long now i dunno what to do.

Despite all this, it's the best car i've ever owned and loved.

Pray the coolant light goes out

Engine on

Pray the oil light goes out

Windows/sunroof open when hot

Tunes get louder once i leave my street

Wait till 80 degrees oil temp before thrashing it, unless really necessary :)

I always thought that I was a bit strange always putting both the windows down to a certain level before setting off......looks like I'm not.

On a similar note isnt it soooo anoying when you have only just pulled away and some t%t pulls right up on your arse but because the car is cold there is nothing you can do about it - i always have the same dilema about my cars engine being of greater importance that getting one over someone else - takes a lot of restraint to do this though :brickwall:

Haha yeh, I always put my window down a little further than passenger, sunroof on tilt (I always have blowers against face, and even on 0 it's nice and cool, and with the sunroof on tilt u get a bit of extra circulation from the vents :confused4: ) Switch MFA to oil temp straight away.

Radio/tunes off or low at least, until I hit a 60mph road generally, or until the oil temp has reached a sufficient temp (early 80's for me) and I give it a little blast to a) remind me of the sound and b) put a smile on my face.

Constantly staring at the road infront scanning for potholes and other nasty obstacles that shouldn't be there, and cringing when they're unavoidable :lol:

after a fast paced run & fun i always give her a little kiss on her steering wheel of joy & tell her i love her ha ha :nuts:

Windows down in equal amounts

Stereo volume is only ever increased/decreased in even numbers and never set to an odd number.

Run up to temp before going nuts with the loud pedal

I never open the windows till all the rain water slides off :lol: This is because its not garaged and gets a good waxing. dont bother with tunes these days after fitting a stainless manifold. sunroof dont work so dont bother with it.

I never open the windows till all the rain water slides off :lol: This is because its not garaged and gets a good waxing. dont bother with tunes these days after fitting a stainless manifold. sunroof dont work so dont bother with it.

I've noticed that!

Always runs into the car, straight down towards the window switch.

For some inexplicable reason my right foot always gets really heavy once I've gotten into the C.

Lots of familiary rituals listed here!!

For me - i pray that i'll never hear the sound of a Challenger Tank again when i start it up. A little bit of Piston Slap i can deal with, but even that always gives me the horrors in case it don't stop after a second or so. I always slide the drivers side mat back to the seat. On wet days, only the passenger window gets opened 3 or 4 inches until all the rain has gone from the roof. My first 2/3 turns are always left turns so the rain runs off the drivers side!! On dry mornings, drivers side window all the way down, passenger window as wet days. No welly-giving until sufficiently warmed up - usually after about 9 or 10 minutes and i can see the temp guage has moved.

Yes. I know. I'm a nutter. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

:norty:

In the VRT I always start her up 10mins before deployment. Leave her idling on the drive; you never know when you will need the power so always make sure she is warm. No music, the engine gives me all the tunes I need :D

I always in both cars when I come to a stop look in rear mirror to see any reaction from the car behind when the spoiler goes down :cuckoo:

In the original. Switch on and hope and pray I see the ABS light flicker and go off. Drive off straight away but wait till the magic 80 deg oil temp arrives before I boot it. Almost every day now look at her and tell her she will have a big makeover soon and she will be back to how she was when I first fell for her. :clap:

I always when having last cigarette at the front of the house go round all 3 cars and touch the bonnets and wisper something about how much I cherish them in there own sweet way and especially with the original how we will never part :luvlove:

My strange habit seems to be "investing" more in £s per month than miles driven per month. Although I suspect I am not the only one.