Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

any strange 'raddo habits.....?

Is there anyone on here who doesn't look back??

Probably only 20% of the time but thats geenrally to make sure I have left light on or the windows down.

You all have OCD of some sorts!! :cuckoo: :lol: About the only thing I often do is check oil / water (but not always) then get in ans start driving and to a decent temp before giving it some. Oh and zero the petrol gauge when filling up but thats a force of habit from riding the bike as the odometer is used as the fuel gauge.

Is there anyone on here who doesn't look back??

Probably only 20% of the time but thats geenrally to make sure I have left light on or the windows down.

You all have OCD of some sorts!! :cuckoo: :lol: About the only thing I often do is check oil / water (but not always) then get in ans start driving and to a decent temp before giving it some. Oh and zero the petrol gauge when filling up but thats a force of habit from riding the bike as the odometer is used as the fuel gauge.

I do that :D my recored is 450 miles to a tank :clap:

Which is the single worst thing you can do to any engine.

whys that kev? even in winter?

Even worse in the winter!

It's because during warm up, the combustion gases are very acidic, which accelerates bore wear. We've all heard the Castrol slogan "80% of all engine wear occurs during start up". Well, it's not far from the truth.

Cars should be started and driven immediately. They need to see heat and load as soon as possible. We're not in the 1930s guys, with rope piston rings and weekly decokes. There simply is no need to sit there anally watching the oil temp gauge and waiting for the magic 80. Honestly, it makes no difference.

Just drive and enjoy the bloody things, honestly, you lot!!! :lol:

:lol:

i just start mine up and drive it...

and anyone who doesnt claim to turn back round and look at their rado is lying :tongue:

Good man!

I always glance round at mine after parking up at work. It's a handsome beast so I like to get an eyeful before going in. There's no decent women were I work, so I have to get my eye candy from somewhere!

As for the rear spoiler. I can't believe people still think that is cool and anything other than a cheap party trick :lol: It doesn't even enter my mind it's there. The only time I acknowledge it's existence is to raise it up manually on the rare occasion I wash it :D

Yea, i've owned my rado long enough to get over the initial "oh wow i have a spoiler that goes up and down", but it still amuses me at times. I sometimes like to wave at my gf with my spoiler when shes driving behind me by putting it up and down once or twice. Although im not sure if its her laughing and using her "you sad bastard" face or having the spoiler that amuses me most.

Oh and another perhaps not strange habbit but rather than sit in my car and roll my windows up, i just lock it and hold the key. I think thats just a show off thing though!

Yeah me too. I've had it too long to be amazed by it's 'features' :D What I am amazed by though, is the 'features' STILL work :lol:

Yeah the full closure is a neat trick for such an old car.

As for the rear spoiler. I can't believe people still think that is cool and anything other than a cheap party trick :lol: It doesn't even enter my mind it's there.

:cuckoo:

Now you're crazy! You forget the massive increase in downforce when the spoiler is deployed - you can drive upside down in a tunnel at anything above 62mph in a Corrado.

:norty:

^^^ :lol:

i use to watch the spoiler raise every time in my old VR, but 2 winters ago, the weather was so bad and my rear windscreen was permantly steamed up, so i used the wing mirror to look, i could see it was up and beating the frost (or so i thought), until my GF said only one side was raising :mad2:

i wasnt happy... i thought it would be the end of the world when it broke, but after it did i wasnt that bothered about it. but this winter i will be turning off the spoiler :lol:

Never thought about the spoiler freezing up in winter.

How do you turn it off though, do you just have to pull the fuse or unplug the wire or something?

As well as the manual switch, VW should have fitted it with an on/off override too

having to push snow off and un freeze it with cold/warm water in the morning and sometimes after work wasnt fun and i must of missed a bit or something and it broke...

after that i just unplugged it in the boot, but not sure what is the best way

...Slowing down when going passing full size shop windows and having a look...

Yup... :)

My spoiler has never frozen up :D The only time it's caused me problems is when the mech siezed up and it used to blow the fuse. It shares the same fuse as the instrument lighting (and the sunroof and immobiliser on 95> cars) so there are obvious clues there :D

There is a manual winder for the spoiler, which accessible behind the large tailgate trim panel. If you pull that out, I *think* it disenages the motor so it won't go up / down electrically. Otherwise yeah, pulling the fuse or pulling thew wires off the motor is the only way to disable it.

Now you're crazy! You forget the massive increase in downforce when the spoiler is deployed - you can drive upside down in a tunnel at anything above 62mph in a Corrado.

Upside down!! :shocked!: Like in Men In Black?? Must try that!

And my spoiler deploys at 58mph :grin: upside down fun sooner!

you can 'turn off' the spoiler by pulling out the manual winder for it.

Upside down!! :shocked!: Like in Men In Black?? Must try that!

And my spoiler deploys at 58mph :grin: upside down fun sooner!

Mine comes up at 56mph :lol: Im waiting for an early spec rado to come along and beat me by a mile :(

I took out the resistor in my spoiler control box so that it comes up at 70mph. 56mph and lower is ridiculous, there is no need for it to come up that early.

I took out the resistor in my spoiler control box so that it comes up at 70mph. 56mph and lower is ridiculous, there is no need for it to come up that early.

it looks cool though

i can do mine at 1mph if i want :p

well i can do mine in reverse :p[/quote:38olszli]

Well come on, we could do it stationary if we wanted! :lol:

I did so for my mate Wonky once and he told me he thought it looked like my car was getting.... excited :norty: