Sign in to follow this  
Jim

JimsG60's Corrado G60 (New pics taken 13/03/2005)

£1297 Fully Comp...

Not awful.. but thats the price you get of a modified group 17 car at 23 years old I suppose.

thats a horrendous insurance price............but i bet owning such a nice one as the brookescourt/leew G60 more than makes up for it.........and after your brief flirtation with the saxo worth every penny

Well paying through the nose on insurance seems to compliment the nature of Corrado perfectly. I didn't wanna insure it on TPF&T because if I had a prang, there would be NO way I could afford to get it sorted out of my own pocket.

Consider that I was paying £680 Fully Comp on my Saxo, and then you look at how much more car this is.. I thought it seemed like a fair deal. Insurance in my area sucks anyway, as we are listed as 'E' in the little insurance guide I posted, with F being the very worst.

Bit of a bump for some more 'apres-wash' pictures :)

Now featuring black VW badge for the front grille and (not that you can see em) BBS centre caps for the wheels :)

hehehehe......now thats a very familiar setting :wink: :wink: :wink: .........car looks absolutely minted 8) 8) 8) 8) jim........can't wait to see it in the flesh at INTERS this year m8 :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sure does look familiar :) Pic of last rado in the same place! A years difference and the only thing thats changed is the car :)

Was gonna say mate, same alley I saw pics of your first C, very nice indeed and lovely spec, look forward to seeing it and you at AGM, if we ever meet!!

Yeah - definately gonna be at the AGM - no worries there :)

Just look out for the little TSR Performance sticker, and you'll know its mine :)

Yeah I had the car raised 20mm all round - even now I am still struggling with ride height! So I think I might look at picking up the 50mm chin spoiler eventually - should solve all my scraping problems! Don't seem to be taking any damage underneath the car, its just the chin spoiler because it hangs down so much.

Beatiful color and love the interior. Was the leather standard or was it retro fitted. Most of the G60s Im seeing have grey cloth but Id love black leather (and I just know were there is a set for sale).

Best of luck with the motor, its well tasty.

The leather was an option I believe, but my car never came with it. It did originally have grey cloth, but the previous owner managed to get a great deal on a black leather interior so he snapped it up. And I dont blame him, as the leather is a lot nicer, and just makes the interior look better :)

So is your carpet, dash, rear shelf etc still grey. Out of interest how does it look with the black interior ?

Thanks

Mark

No - lee swapped out the carpets, dash, and rear parcel shelf for black items too. Only grey bit is the headlining! But as you don't really look up too often you don't notice it :D

Just for the sake of being complete, here is a picture of my dynoplot from Saturday at AmD.

so that will be one happy jims16v then???? :lol: :lol: .........nice figure there btw :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. I was pleasantly surprised Roddy :)

Brentacre 'capped' me at 210BHP for insurance purposes too so.. I guess everyones happy ;)

that's a nice straight graph too... 8) I bet she's a lotta fun to drive in any gear! ;) :D

Yeah - certainly pulls very well :)

Though I noticed the power dip on the graph around 5000RPM which seems to be a very very common problem for G60's - did a bit of reading back and there were some posts that indicated that a few sensors seem to cause that, such as the hall sender being a bit dodgy.

Not in any rush to change em as, well, it seems like a lot of G60's do the same anyway and it'd cost about £150 for the parts alone.

Blimey, 206bhp! What mods has it had done? That is indeed a very nice curve and is how all engines should be :lol:

How much of the twisty stuff did you get?

K

Its got a few mods - Stage 4 Jabba Charger, 68mm pulley, Golf G60 Intercooler, SNS Stage 5 Chip, K&N filter in original airbox, Magnex zorst and supersprint cat bypass, and I think looking through the reciepts folder the other night it has a schrick cam on it. Though I am not sure if this is still fitted to the car as it wasn't mentioned by lee when I bought it.. and i'd of thought it'd be a selling point :)

Not a *mountain* of mods by any stretch, but I think it shows what some sensible modification and a healthy engine can produce I suppose.

Oh, and it did 182lb/ft of torque :)

Its got a few mods - Stage 4 Jabba Charger, 68mm pulley, Golf G60 Intercooler, SNS Stage 5 Chip, K&N filter in original airbox, Magnex zorst and supersprint cat bypass, and I think looking through the reciepts folder the other night it has a schrick cam on it. Though I am not sure if this is still fitted to the car as it wasn't mentioned by lee when I bought it.. and i'd of thought it'd be a selling point :)

Not a *mountain* of mods by any stretch, but I think it shows what some sensible modification and a healthy engine can produce I suppose.

Oh, and it did 182lb/ft of torque :)

Nice! I think your pulley and Golf intercooler are contributing the most toward your 206 ponies. That and 182 pounds of twist puts you right in VR6 territory now :lol: I can just see the smug and then shocked looks on VR driver's faces as you approach and then pass them, LOL! Not that you're into all that but it's nice to have the grunt there!

K

Well if there were actually any VR6 owners around here then i'd be able to find out... I know of a few Corrado owners in the city but I rarely see them other than when we meet for a beer! :)

The power is useful though, definately.. the fuel bill isnt though :)