DarrenVR6

What's it worth thread? Mum's VR6!

All high prices do it is price real enthusiasts out of the market, the cars become a comodity and you see what you have here, dealers speculating to accumulate. As prices spiral youll see less and less on the roads as the cars become too special for regular use

Totally agree Dox. I'm petrified of what a decent Corrado will cost me whenever I get back.

Rising prices are a double edge sword.

On one hand the number of cars being broken will reduce which in turn will affect the price & availability of key spares and will stop some people from buying into the mark.

On the other the prices of Corrado's are IMHO still on their knees in comparison to other marks (try buying a sorted S1 RS Turbo for the same money as a sorted VR). Traders will always try to maximize their returns on investments.

This was a conversation I had a couple of times on Saturday at the VW Festival(Sorry I forget the names of the people I was talking to).

The good news for me is thoughts of selling my G60 have now been banished mainly by the kids who were both very enthusiastic about the car despite a 500+ mile drive from Reading.

I now have to speak to my accountant about what I can spend on the G60 which no doubt is going to be prioritized behind the new Kitchen :-).

Rising prices is great for anyone who will want to sell eventually. If you notice though, all the +10K cars have really low mileage i.e. less then 50k and totally original. I don't think the dealers are bothered what car they are selling as long as it is low mileage and factory standard.

I bet the 14K nova had almost delivery miles on it.

If it was about the car, why has KIP's car not been snapped up by a dealer and put up for £20K+, his has to be up there with the top 5 cars in the country and its only 2 owners (I think).

Just my thoughts....

Rising prices is great for anyone who will want to sell eventually. If you notice though, all the +10K cars have really low mileage i.e. less then 50k and totally original. I don't think the dealers are bothered what car they are selling as long as it is low mileage and factory standard.

I bet the 14K nova had almost delivery miles on it.

If it was about the car, why has KIP's car not been snapped up by a dealer and put up for £20K+, his has to be up there with the top 5 cars in the country and its only 2 owners (I think).

Just my thoughts....

Kips car is not on eBay or piston heads...

Kips car is not on eBay or piston heads...

Have you seen his driving !!!! :-)

All the dealers, hence they are steering clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ha ha

I think the Corrado is still an absolute steal compared with other cars of the same era, which is good for the genuine enthusiast wanting one. Compared to a similar vintage Ford, classic Mini, Golf, etc. the Corrado is more stylish, quicker & rarer (subjective I know). To drive they still feel special. We really shouldn't complain when cars are making good money, the Corrado deserves to be worth more & at the end of the day if someone really wants a nice one they will pay for it as the choice is very limited.

that didnt take them long did it!

fecking traders!! i wonder if the OP is happy or not to see it at nearly double what they sold it for within a very short period!?

oh well at least it means i had better revise the intended agreed value on the VR next year after its paint is done, at this rate i will be able to add at least another £5k on from the figure i had in mind lol

I think the Corrado is still an absolute steal compared with other cars of the same era, which is good for the genuine enthusiast wanting one. Compared to a similar vintage Ford, classic Mini, Golf, etc. the Corrado is more stylish, quicker & rarer (subjective I know). To drive they still feel special. We really shouldn't complain when cars are making good money, the Corrado deserves to be worth more & at the end of the day if someone really wants a nice one they will pay for it as the choice is very limited.

i must say i agree with you on those points Mark

i still feel like i dont want to drive anything other than a corrado due to the way it feels & makes me feel - it would take a serious amount of car to prise me out & away from mine daily

i do like the recent rise in prices, i just wish it wasnt being driven by greedy traders & the bigger monies were going to the actual people who have cared & cherished for them

on an alternative note & to reference back to the so called high costs of running a rado - i heard a new ford ad on the radio last night £199 per month for a focus titanium basic model & usual T's&C's with a annual mileage allowance of half what the average is & clearly states at the end 'you do not own the car'

feck me nearly £2.5K a year just to drive a basic focus - that is a lot of servicing & parts for the rado & you own an appreciating car!!! kinda puts things into perspective methinks ;)

on an alternative note & to reference back to the so called high costs of running a rado - i heard a new ford ad on the radio last night £199 per month for a focus titanium basic model & usual T's&C's with a annual mileage allowance of half what the average is & clearly states at the end 'you do not own the car'

feck me nearly £2.5K a year just to drive a basic focus - that is a lot of servicing & parts for the rado & you own an appreciating car!!! kinda puts things into perspective methinks ;)

Speaking from my own experience of having gone through years of using a Corrado as my only car and a daily and now leasing a nearly new car as my daily, the benefits of having a car you can actually depend on and which works every single time you come to turn the key can't be overestimated. It's worth it for the fact you know you can just shut the garage door and walk away from a problem, and still have a reliable car to use every day.

Just like my Corrado !!!

Hopefully one day this does not come back to bite me.

I do have some expenses looming mind - will be 2nd clutch, chains etc in about another 20 - 30k miles.

Since Harewood at the weekend, I have used my car daily - making use of the good weather.

Speaking from my own experience of having gone through years of using a Corrado as my only car and a daily and now leasing a nearly new car as my daily, the benefits of having a car you can actually depend on and which works every single time you come to turn the key can't be overestimated. It's worth it for the fact you know you can just shut the garage door and walk away from a problem, and still have a reliable car to use every day.

that is a good point made Jim

my only ting against it would be that the majority of cars you see broken down at the side of the road are 'new' ;) LOL

Just like my Corrado !!!

Hopefully one day this does not come back to bite me.

I do have some expenses looming mind - will be 2nd clutch, chains etc in about another 20 - 30k miles.

Since Harewood at the weekend, I have used my car daily - making use of the good weather.

winner Wendy!

i love driving mine every day - however deciding which one to take is not always as easy :D

With the amount of money i've spent on mine i am going to drive it everyday, decided not to bother keeping it for dry days etc, Want to get my monies worth out of it :lol:

To put it into perspective you could buy this then get a tired Corrado as well with cash let over.

http://audisrs.com/about66029.html

That's a one off factory colour as well, with all the expensive bits replaced. This is why I just don't think its justified. There are so many other rare and coveted cars for that sort of money that are, and I know this is going to pee people off, better. The best thing about the Corrado is that it was an affordable older car that drives really well and its relatively inexpensive to maintain therefore accessible.

The way things are going its going the other way and that what makes me a little sad.

Coullstar - have you still got a Corrado ? Sorry not been keeping up to date on here !!

I know you did have but then looking at your list of Corrado's they all look to be sold.

Nope don't have one anymore. I love them and always smile when I see one on the road but have tried quite a few other cars.

To put it into perspective you could buy this then get a tired Corrado as well with cash let over.

http://audisrs.com/about66029.html

That's a one off factory colour as well, with all the expensive bits replaced. This is why I just don't think its justified. There are so many other rare and coveted cars for that sort of money that are, and I know this is going to pee people off, better. The best thing about the Corrado is that it was an affordable older car that drives really well and its relatively inexpensive to maintain therefore accessible.

The way things are going its going the other way and that what makes me a little sad.

£140k and modified though, There will be better examples of a RS4 about. It maybe faster but i don't think its as special as a low mileage original corrado vr6 is right now.

Bet that audi will cost a fair few quid if you drive it for a few years, you know something big and expensive will go wrong.

"The best thing about the Corrado is that it was an affordable older car that drives really well and its relatively inexpensive to maintain"

I liked the bit about "Relatively Inexpensive to Maintain"

You tell the funniest jokes

:lol:

"The best thing about the Corrado is that it was an affordable older car that drives really well and its relatively inexpensive to maintain"

I liked the bit about "Relatively Inexpensive to Maintain"

You tell the funniest jokes

:lol:

In all fairness though how many of your woes are down to the heavy level of modification you've embarked upon? It's not a criticism - I seriously think your car is fantastic. But just how much relates to weaknesses being exposed because of the substantial bump in performance on both the motor and the drivetrain itself? Not to mention the cost of those parts themselves.

Inherently I think the Corrado is a pretty reliable, dependable car! There's a few known weak spots here and there - but I'm willing to bet that owners of unmodified originals who just keep up with routine servicing rarely run into any wallet crushing unexpected bills.

£140k and modified though, There will be better examples of a RS4 about. It maybe faster but i don't think its as special as a low mileage original corrado vr6 is right now.

Bet that audi will cost a fair few quid if you drive it for a few years, you know something big and expensive will go wrong.

140k is nothing to them, that ones had all the bits replaced on it. Ive had mine 4 years and its cost less in maintenance than some of my Corrado's. I'll argue its probably a more sought after car than a Corrado...anyway its not an RS4 against Corrado topic I was merely pointing out what you could buy.

It is all relative, they are fairly cheap if you just maintain it. Hell if someone wants to pay 5 figure sums for one go ahead, I just think its not worth it. That grey VR6 that sold last week was a good example that is probably as good as if not better than this black one but hey its probably on twice the mileage which in reality means nothing.

.... I was merely pointing out what you could buy.

It's a dangerous game looking at what you could get for the money. £15-18k is low miles E46 M3 CS money. Very desirable, very rare, very quick!