DarrenVR6

What's it worth thread? Mum's VR6!

Exactly, the £10-20k bracket can get you some utterly amazing cars just as emotive and rare as the Corrado.

Put it this way how many on hear would hand on heart say they would spend say £15k on a Corrado regardless of condition/mileage/spec or go buy something else?

Exactly, the £10-20k bracket can get you some utterly amazing cars just as emotive and rare as the Corrado.

Put it this way how many on hear would hand on heart say they would spend say £15k on a Corrado regardless of condition/mileage/spec or go buy something else?

If I had £15k burning a hole in my pocket, there isn't a Corrado on the planet I would spend that money on. Except maybe the 16vG60 in the basement of the Karmann museum, or maybe the VR6 with like 20km on the clock. Otherwise it would be something German and fast - Porsche, BMW, etc.

Almost into E92 M3 territory with that kind of money.

I think the kind of people that buy a £15k corrado aren't really going to drive it and a lot of their reason for buying it will be the chance of making a profit.

If you buy a £15k Audi RS/BMW M, you are going to be driving it most days. How much is a nice E30 M3 nowadays?

Like Jim, it would need to be a very special Corrado indeed. VRT with 4wd might tempt me.

If I had £15k burning a hole in my pocket, there isn't a Corrado on the planet I would spend that money on. Except maybe the 16vG60 in the basement of the Karmann museum, or maybe the VR6 with like 20km on the clock. Otherwise it would be something German and fast - Porsche, BMW, etc.

Almost into E92 M3 territory with that kind of money.

Yeah. Early E92 M3 now under £20K

I think the kind of people that buy a £15k corrado aren't really going to drive it and a lot of their reason for buying it will be the chance of making a profit.

If you buy a £15k Audi RS/BMW M, you are going to be driving it most days. How much is a nice E30 M3 nowadays?

Depends how good, and mileage, but £25K for a really good one.

As you might be able to tell, I've been looking... a lot! :lol:

I actually increased the value of mine on insurance today, was £3k and now £4.5k. Not sure what difference it makes, still got the agreed value stuff to do.

Well it's back up for sale !!

Certainly trying to make a tidy profit. Gutting for whoever buys it if they ever realised they could have bought it for just over !0k a couple of months earlier!

Can't honestly imagine he'll achieve this for it - I thought we'd struggle to get 10!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152204735823?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Certainly trying to make a tidy profit. Gutting for whoever buys it if they ever realised they could have bought it for just over !0k a couple of months earlier!

Can't honestly imagine he'll achieve this for it - I thought we'd struggle to get 10!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152204735823?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I thought you knew it was a dealer that bought it? What was you expecting he'd Put it up for?

That's eBay for you... You wanted a quick sale. It happened should of sold on here to an enthusiast.

Don't worry it's just a number will never sell at that price.

Yeah we knew it was a dealer, and that it would be back up for sale at some point. I thought he'd be trying £15k tops - can't imagine anyone wanting to part with nearly £19 (as nice as it was!) There other things around at that price that are probably even more special.

I wanted an enthusiast to have it - and they could have. All the enthusiast on here knew about it - and could have bid on it if they wanted! But clearly a dealer saw it as a better proposition than anyone else.

He's having a laugh, he knows he wont get that but using it as a start of negotiation if anyone is interested. Which if they are there mad.

As said look at what other cars you can get for that sort of money.

It's gone back up again at £14,750 - kinda more like the figure I was expecting him to attempt!

The dealer is not exactly coining it in even if it sells near the asking price. Grimsby also seems a strange place for a classic car dealer, it is not exactly close to any affluent population centres!