Sign in to follow this  
Buddha

We know what you drive!!! What do you do???

Airline pilot :salute:

Guess I should be driving a Saab or Porsche but dont like either!

Jammu got jok.

My dream job what I always wanted to do from been a kid but my deafness put a stop to that. Gutted.

so next time you go to a petrol station don't talk down to them chances are they have more bewtween their ears than you do! I also didn't realise how badly people stink they literally stink so we have air freshner behind the desk lol I hate customer relations , most of them I want to punch in the face!

so people who work in petrol stations are cleverer than most but have yet to fulfil their potential? :wink:

of course not by all accounts but i would expect there are a fair few. I've just finished uni and now have a degree but have to work in a petrol station whilst looking for a fulltime career to keep the money coming in and to be honest its humiliating enough working there without the pikeys and general public talking down to me too... i have a lot of friends who have also just graduated that are doing the same thing!

P.s IF THERES ANYONE OUT THERE WHO WANTS TO GIVE ME A JOB THEN PLEASE DEAR GOD GET ME OUT OF THE PETROL STATON!!! im a graduate and want to work in property and eventaully become a property developer but im open to any job offer!!!

I am a chef in norfolk pretty hard work but enjoyable at times dont get enough time to do stuff to the rado or get to meet people at events due to the nature of the work weekends being busy times but its cool .

I am a chef in norfolk pretty hard work but enjoyable at times dont get enough time to do stuff to the rado or get to meet people at events due to the nature of the work weekends being busy times but its cool .

We have meets on Thursday nites if it's any help? Where in Norfolk are you?

Used to be a fireman, retired. Retrained and became an IT guy, redundant. Now a domestic assistant in a care home for dementia sufferers. I'm also a published poet and perform at venues all over Scotland. I've had short stories published and a novel currently with an agent. Just to really annoy audiences I also sing traditional folk music.

None of these are particularly good at income generation. To continue the theme of earning little or nothing I'm a director of Read Raw Ltd, a writing collective set up to promote creative writing, http://www.readrawltd.co.uk/About.html , and I'm also heavily involved in a new bookshop which we have opened in West Kilbride in the past year. Someday it might even make a profit.

I'm contemplating a factual book on the importance if wine in the extermination of ants on your patio!!

Im an it administrator and just setup my own business doing on-line backups hopefully website will be up soon wish me look in the new venture. :D

Im a chemist in a generic pharmaceutical plant in the mid west of ireland. Hoping to change direction in a couple of years and do chemical engineering

Used to be a fireman, retired. Retrained and became an IT guy, redundant. Now a domestic assistant in a care home for dementia sufferers. I'm also a published poet and perform at venues all over Scotland. I've had short stories published and a novel currently with an agent. Just to really annoy audiences I also sing traditional folk music.

None of these are particularly good at income generation. To continue the theme of earning little or nothing I'm a director of Read Raw Ltd, a writing collective set up to promote creative writing, http://www.readrawltd.co.uk/About.html , and I'm also heavily involved in a new bookshop which we have opened in West Kilbride in the past year. Someday it might even make a profit.

I'm contemplating a factual book on the importance if wine in the extermination of ants on your patio!!

Wolfblass !! The only wine that you can shout and sound manly 8)

Train Driver for First ScotRail. Just about to be 'passed out' next week so some interesting times ahead... :eek:

How did you manage to get there ??

Resident tax/work/soap dodger.

Final year student at Oxford Brookes doing Motorsport Engineering. Work load is insane, but really enjoy it.

Looking to get a graduate job in Engineering CAD/Design.

Train Driver for First ScotRail. Just about to be 'passed out' next week so some interesting times ahead... :eek:

How did you manage to get there ??

I was made redundant two and a half years ago, emu, but I was already leaving the job to start with FSR as a ticket examiner to 'get a foot in the door' as I had wanted to be a Driver for some time. As soon as I was past my probation period I started to apply for Driver jobs, schmooze HR, and finally last year got the position.

I'm a senior risk analyst for a large contract hire and leasing company, setting residual values and maintenance budgets for our vehicles.

Duty Operations Controller for a UK-based airline. Some of the daily tasks include:

- making decisions about whether to send the flight on time, or delay it in order to prevent it having to divert (particularly relevant as we approach winter, and the weather means some destination airports are not "within legal limits")

- flight planning (producing the Air Traffic Control flight plan, as well as the plogs [pilot logs] for the flight crew)

- constructing new routes for new non-scheduled flights, or modifying current routes (Purple Routes [royal flights] or Military Exercises in the airspace)

- liasing with LMC (line maintenance control, basically the aircraft engineers) with technical issues reported by flight crew

- liasing with the Crewing department about Duty Period and Flight Time problems due to delayed flights (there are VERY STRICT legal rules with regards to how long flight crew and cabin crew can be on duty)

- any emergency declared by a flight is dealt with directly through us, and we "run" the incident from the very start until we declare it "closed"

and loads more that I've not bothered to include, or have forgotten about.

A lot of responsibility, and at times, a lot of stress too.

"I don't get paid anywhere near enough to do this kind of $hit" - a quote from the guy I replaced when I started the job.

It's not what I want to do forever, but I still do find it really interesting, even if I am in work for 12 or more hours at a time, from as early as 4am or finishing as late as 2am, on a regular basis. The experience over the next few years will be valuable for my long term career goals.

ROB_B WROTE

Just saw this I do work all week on splits so cant do at the moment but once i find a decent sous chef could probably do thursday nights nice one. is that part of the dubgeneration forum been a member on there for a few months . On the coast about 20 miles from the city :salute:

I have also just set up a new waste management company .....

Waste management company - Tony Soprano style? :grin:

I'm a Live Sound Engineer, work for a PA hire company based in Liverpool, gig all over, we do a lot of the gigs in Manchester Academy 1&2 and supplied PA for the last Kaiser Chiefs tour. This summer's been an almost non-stop run of festivals for us, from Radio 1 Big Weekend through to Leeds/Reading so time for Corrado tinkering has been pretty limited of late! I love the job most of the time, despite the money not being great, I got to spend 3 and a half months in Ibiza, working on Ibiza Rocks in 2008 which was pretty cool. Got into sound while I was at uni, studying materials science and had to turn it into a career when I failed my degree...that was a decade ago!

Whereabouts were you doing Materials Science?

It was at Sheffield Uni, autumn 1997 until the :epicfail:

ROB_B WROTE

Just saw this I do work all week on splits so cant do at the moment but once i find a decent sous chef could probably do thursday nights nice one. is that part of the dubgeneration forum been a member on there for a few months . On the coast about 20 miles from the city :salute:

Yeah it's part of Dubgen. If you are on there then you will know all about it. Really friendly bunch of guys and girls. Can we get some forum discount where you work?!lol!

ROB_B WROTE

Yeah it's part of Dubgen. If you are on there then you will know all about it. Really friendly bunch of guys and girls. Can we get some forum discount where you work?!lol!

ah sounds good will have to come and meet you all when i get another chef . Reckon i could sort something out for fellow dubbers :salute:

I'm an IT application support manager in the investment banking arm of a huge bank. So basically a geek that works in an industry that everyone hates. Probably not the most popular person in the world then :clap: