Kevin Bacon

The Baconator's latest victim

I was searching for something a while back and came across a really old post of yours saying that you wanted to keep it pretty standard. How did that work out in the end? :lol:

LOL, I get bored easily :D Some days I like the standard look and other days I like the modded look. I'm warming back to the standard look at the moment :lol:

There's just something about those beefy 205s on 15" wheels. Very retro 8)

I've almost worn the grooves off my AP discs after 4 years and ~50K miles, so they are waaaaaaaaay past their wear limit and losing their effectiveness.

With a fresh set of pagid greys, I'm looking at £560 to refresh the front stoppers, so I'm going to conform to the age of osterity and 'slum it' on 15s for a while until I can afford to replace them :D The cost of performance motoring eh? :lol:

Cheers Karl, I'd appreciate that....

330x28mm 48 Vane

8 Grooves

12 hole bell, 203.2 PCD

i will see him on thursday for you mate.

Cheers Karl!

Handy place to have a mate :D Got any mates at Garrett? :D

no, but got a mate who works for the national lottery though :lol: w****r wont give me the numbers though :(

My AP discs are just about dead after 4 years and 50K+ miles. They're currently 24mm thick (28mm new) and you're supposed to replace them at 27mm :lol: They've put in a damn good service life and are still warp and fade free. Amazing brakes, I've been super impressed with them :salute:

The poor old things practically have no grooves left :lol:

Img_0133.jpg

Img_0134.jpg

This coincides nicely with fitting my Winter wheels, which necessitates the fitment of weedy 288s, so APs off for now and I'll get them spruced up ready for next summer.

I refurbed the Speedos Mic_VR sold me (cheers chap!) with the factory correct silver paint and had them fitted with Continental TS800 winter tyres. My fingers still ache from all the sanding, but they came out OK I think :D

Img_0129.jpg

Img_0130.jpg

The theory is all these edges in the tread blocks flex and bite into cold surfaces and snow etc. They're also soft and stay soft as the temp drops. I hope they work!

Img_0132.jpg

I was going to fit them tonight but the rigid pipe to flexi hose connection has rusted solid, so I'm going to have to make up a couple of new lines :bad-words: . Got the stuff to do it, just need buy a brake flaring tool from somewhere for the weekend.

Nice. Really wishing I'd sorted out some winter rubber with this forthcoming cold (and snow) snap :|

Hey mate, glad I could help out for a change. Those Speedies look so good..... I want them back! :lol:

Cheers guys!

Back to standard? Hell no! The suspension and engine are the best bits and are staying put :D

I'm really hoping for tonnes of snow this year :lol:

Lol Mic, you'll have the same brake issues if you have the Speedos back :lol:

Img_0129.jpg

What's that construction site in the background? :D

Wheels look great, did you spray them yourself? If so could you point me in the direction of the paint you used?

Oh the bricks, yeah, they are lifting the dehumidifer up so that I can drain the water into a bucket instead of emptying the built-in tank every morning :D

I did indeed spray them myself. I took the centre cap down to a local paint supplier and they found a good match from their wheel silver range :D It's a Chrysler colour, WB3 I think, but i'll confirm in the morning. The silver fleck size is a 100% match as is the colour, near as damn it!

Nice work on the speedos mate, those discs have seen some heavy use :lol:

Think you have a shock going back to standard brakes :shock:

Cheers mate :D Won't be on the standard brakes for too long, but it's nice to be able to swap back to them occasionally :D

Kev, if you're buying a Flare Tool check out Automec's version of the SP Flaremaster - best I've seen and 2CC picked one up at the Classic Car show.

http://www.automec.co.uk/oakes_tools/oa ... e_set.html

Already ordered a tool off the net last night, but thanks anyway! I'm going to get a load of ends and some pipe of Neil and do the whole car, so the tool will be a good investment :D

Just heard you're doing your hard lines.... it was nice knowing you Kev :o

lol seriously, i'm sure it'll be fine. Just dont't run off to the caribbean halfway through....

If my full braid setup is too spongey then I'll be doing hard lines underneath the car.

You know you can still get the OE coated brake pipe from VW still, just not the bent up lines.

Cheers for the paint 8)