Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

thats a nice scirocco you got there....

.....Its a corrado mate. some people lol so annoying when this happens, had it twice today!! Then this bloke started telling me about how he had driven the new corrado gt apparently it had a 2.0 fsi...I said wow you must work for vw then! He looked at me puzzled and said why, too which I replied they haven't made a corrado since the late 1990's!! :D

I had the same comment at the pumps this morning. Bloke says to me "Is that a Sciricco?" When I said to the chap "Nearly.. It's a Corrado" he looked at me as though I'd just 5hit in his pocket, got in his car and drove off. :cuckoo:

Bloody french car drivers.

I dont understand the mistake. When i say this i dont mean to sound like im slagging the Scirocco off, im not, i quite like them actually. But and correct me if im wrong, but the scriocco never had the same status the Corrado has. So how come they always 'know' what the Scirocco but not the Corrado

...probably because the Corrado effectively replaced the Scirocco and the Scirocco was around for a longer period perhaps?

The Corrado was still made for 6 years and is known to be a special car.

...probably because the Corrado effectively replaced the Scirocco and the Scirocco was around for a longer period perhaps?

The Corrado was still made for 6 years and is known to be a special car.[/quote:3lvj7a5x]

I reckon the trouble is- The Corrado sold in such low numbers over those 6 years that hardly anyone knows of it. I mean the average public who isn't into cars and doesn't take much interest in whats what to do with models and makes. People who buy Citroens, Pugs and Renaults etc think they have a good car or doesn't really care what their driving won't know of a limited numbers super coupe from the 90's.

My Dad always calls my Corrado's Scirrocos.........................Graham from DG told me today that the Volkswagen website does not mention the Corrado. What does that say..................responces on a postcard please :lol:

It probably means VW are in denial about its existance as it was a bit of a flop. :(

If only they'd have priced it a little lower, everyone would have been driving them.............. then again

My Dad always calls my Corrado's Scirrocos.........................Graham from DG told me today that the Volkswagen website does not mention the Corrado. What does that say..................responces on a postcard please :lol:

Does it mention any of the models that aren't for sale in there current range? I don't see why they'd mention anything they're not selling

Karmann's Corrado might have been recognised by VW as not being thoroughly their car, even if badged VW or am I talking utter sh*t? :cuckoo: :shrug:

Yeah there will be loads of cars they dont sell anymore that arent on their website.... so its not odd at all really. :lol:

VW didn't originally include the Corrado in their Heritage Timeline until a number of emails from forum members, including myself, asking why it wasn't present!

Shortly after that it appeared. :clap:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen- ... e/timeline

I'd rather mine got called a Scirocco than it's current repertoire of "Corolla" "Delorian" or "The Shed" haha

Yeah there will be loads of cars they dont sell anymore that arent on their website.... so its not odd at all really. :lol:

VW didn't originally include the Corrado in their Heritage Timeline until a number of emails from forum members, including myself, asking why it wasn't present!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen- ... e/timeline[/quote:649nxwdt]

Never seen that before, didnt know they had a timeline. I like it.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen- ... e/timeline[/quote:1dbwa61o]

Good work Mr.ots! And others who emailed! :salute:

Had the nice scirocco coment a fair few time now , but the best i have ever had was at a classic car show in atherstone the other week when i over heard an elderly couple walking around the car saying how nice it was ,only to walk around the rear end and notice it was a vw and read the corrado badge and say careedo never heard of that b4 must be a new model lol bless em

I nearly sold mine as the most common thing anyone says to me about the motor is "your the lad with the scirocco aren't you"

Gave up trying to explain to people its not, just cant understand how its such a recognisable car that they know its me when i have no idea who they are but they still cant read a fooking badge.

most people ask me how the scirroco or the golf is goin. ive given up debating and just say yea its going well thanks

When I was having a Sky dish fitted a few years back the engineer said, "Wow, is that your Vauxhall Colorado?" :lol:

When I was having a Sky dish fitted a few years back the engineer said, "Wow, is that your Vauxhall Colorado?" :lol:

You should have pushed his ladder over

ive had an still get the rocco comments at work,as they now know it winds me up

but the best one i had was someone asking if it was the "vr60" models lol close but no cigaaaaaaaaaarrrrr

ive had an still get the rocco comments at work,as they now know it winds me up

but the best one i had was someone asking if it was the "vr60" models lol close but no cigaaaaaaaaaarrrrr

Blimey, that must be a quick one! :D

You should have pushed his ladder over

:lol: :lol: