Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

thats a nice scirocco you got there....

Group buy idea... "No it's not a bloody Scirocco" window stickers :)

THIS IS AMAZING :clap: no mate, this is not a scirocco

or something like that.... absolutely brilliant idea!

At least the people mistaking it as a Scirocco are taking an interest in your car and being sociable, don't be so touchy about them not being model specific. They've recognised it as a VW coupe from the 90s and that's good enough for me.

You'll never get anyone saying "Nice Mondeo mate".

Yeah there will be loads of cars they dont sell anymore that arent on their website.... so its not odd at all really. :lol:

Sorry I was meant to say in the heritage part i.e the history of VW cars

At least the people mistaking it as a Scirocco are taking an interest in your car and being sociable, don't be so touchy about them not being model specific. They've recognised it as a VW coupe from the 90s and that's good enough for me.

True, but I still cannot resist explaining the difference, I'm just honnest like that :grin:

A friends mum calls mine a Correeda, and it has been mistaken for a Porsche before :wave: - I don't even have any Porsche parts or badges on it. :shrug:

I like Scirrocos, so to me its not an insult, it's an error which requires correction :hitler:

i was driving my rocco through liverpool and at some lights a guy shouted "nice corrado"

"its a scirocco mate"

"is it for sale?"

"no"

"oh, nice corrado anyway mate"

:scratch:

my girlfrend just laughed

you've miss understood, im not being touchy im just commenting on it. When correcting them im never nasty or obnoxious its always in a positive conversation surrounding cars. Its not like im saying "fuck off you twat can you not see its a corrado, it even says it on the back, idiot....." hahah although sometimes.....

Funniest mis label i had was at work when i went in for overtime.

"what are you doing over time for? You drive a lambo"

Muppet.

I took my VR6 in for its MOT in the summer, dropped it off with a young lad in the morning and went to fetch it later on. Upon going into the reception area a middle-aged mechanic walked in and asked if he could help. Conversation went like this:

Me - "just come to pick the Corrado up mate"

Him - "we haven't got any Corrados, do you mean the blue Scirocco?"

Me - "no, it's a Corrado"

Him - "we DEFINITELY haven't got a Corrado, have you got the right garage?"

Me - "Yes, it's definitely a Corrado"

Him - "no mate, it's a Scirocco, they'd stopped making the Corrado by the time they got to L-reg"

Me - (laughing) "honestly, I promise you it's a Corrado, I drive it every day"

Him - "whatever, I'll go and get the Scirocco for you" (wanders off)

I wait about 5 minutes, my Corrado comes round the corner, strangely with another mechanic driving...the other guy had disappeared :lol:

:lol: What a funny thread!

When I had just bought mine, a guy at the company I used to work for came upto me asking how I could afford to buy/own a Porsche on my wage!

I said beats me mate lol, good job I own a VW! :lol:

I had given up correcting people, although strangley when i owned a rocco nobody made a mistake of calling it anything else.??

I feel like i missed out out. :lol: