Sign in to follow this  
Portent

How do you feel about a grey leather interior?

My '93 VR6 came with grey leather and carpets and I reckon the grey leather has worn remarkably well. The car is now on 72k and there is virtually no sign of wear. I've also had a G60 with similar miles and black leather and the grey definitely looks fresher. The carpets however are a different story as they show every little mark no matter how careful you are. I got the chance to buy a low mileage set of black carpets and put them in instead of the grey. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I'm really impressed with how they look so they are staying. I also changed all the grey fasteners etc to complete the tranformation. The photos below were taken primarily to show the black carpet against the grey plastics but yoy can see how fresh the seats still look.

P5050223.jpg

P5050222.jpg

Thanks mate- you've helped me make my mind up 8)

been lookin at the grey interiors [which mine used to be ] i do like it . due to a cock up when i sprayed mine i have some wear on the piping on the fronts ,so i have to do em again :( :cuckoo: need to spray the plastics aswell so it all matches to make the interior mint .i have original black carpet and plastics , mmmmmm should i go back to grey or stick to black ?

I have one in my VR6 - I like it - not as dark as black. I do think you need grey plastics though, and I have a pair of black mats instead of grey, as they hide the grey carpet a bit. Check out my link in the sig for pics.