Sign in to follow this  
carrots

does it feel safe

Mine feels stable at 230km/h+... On a safe road ofcourse.. :salute:

Infact, alot more stable at 200km/h then most other cars I've driven at 100km/h, including mom's 320i 2000 bimmer with full service history..

Interesting read this thread... I started brick'n it at about 125-130-ish - felt a tad unstable. Could just be just rear wheel balance issue :scratch:

Mine jiggles slightly at 70 - 80 then it feels fine again, just need to get my wheels rebalanced and get my tracking tweaked slightly.

I did a 5 hour drive to Devon and back a few weeks ago in it cruising around the speed limit ;) ands was fine.

So, assuming for the moment that it's not just something as stupid as wheel balancing not being right, you'd want to be checking all the suspension bushes, wheel bearings, shock absorbers, etc etc..

Mines fine too, my old valver was alot more stable with high speed cornering etc but it was much stiffer and had better tyres.

I'd take a look at your bushes swell if I were u.

does your corrado feel safe at speed,mine is fine at low speeds but once it gets to 60 + its a bit scary.

hardly much information to go on! what makes it feel scary? is it in a straight line, round corners, over bumps etc etc. but in general, no, it should feel pretty solid.

I don't actually enjoy low speeds so much in mine, it's when I hit 50+ that I feel my 'rado is planted to the floor and less likely for things to go 'BANG'

I don't actually enjoy low speeds so much in mine, it's when I hit 50+ that I feel my 'rado is planted to the floor and less likely for things to go 'BANG'

Thats the differnce in downforce the spoiler makes :norty:

The spoiler only really has a noticeable impact above 80 ish. That's why when they released the car in germany the auto-up didn't happen till over 70mph. Which the UK cops used as a license for ticketing people .. hence the speed it raised was lowered for the UK market. Or maybe that's just an apocryphal story?

Either way I've seen documentation from VW stating that the aerodynamic design of the car uses the spoiler at speeds over 130kph.

People with spoilers that can be lowered at any speed (i.e. broken ones) and "private racetracks" report that the car does feel a lot less stable at very high speeds with the spoiler down. But the effect isn't noticeable at 50..

Mine feels fine at very high speed, and that was flat out down the runway at work (160mph on the clocks)

Can I have a go at your runway please? :D

Thats the differnce in downforce the spoiler makes :norty:

:lol: