Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

CCGB Xmas card

Like the pic :) Need a new CCGB sticker though- are the new batch ready Paul?

Yeah all done Andy, was going to be a logistical nightmare sending them out with the card but hopefully with the next publication, dont quote me on that though Lol!

No pressure with the sprinter Jim, as you say we all have lives to lead too and with the year i've had I have seriously though of standing down at the AGM as I feel I haven't put much into it this year.

Two eye operations and its still not right and the crash as well with all that hassle :( well I just feel like not bothering.

Sometimes other things completely redirect your attention. I've certainly shifted most of my attention away from cars this last year. Think I over did it a bit in the past.

Yeah i know what you mean mate, keep saying i'm going to have a year or two off to ride the bike a bit more but itnever happens :roll: :lol:

Glad you've got into the snow boarding too! must go sometime as i did a course a few years ago and passed that so be nice to have a refresher...

Dude what are you on thats one of the best pics of a corrado in the snow :cuckoo:

No nonsense does what it says on the tin and shows a car that gets driven every day and not kept in a garage

:epicfail:

I thought the crimbo card was a nice touch and loved the photo especially being my first card of the year, so thanks guys!

Maybe if the budget allows next year you could send out lumps of coal to certain people if they aint so keen on receiving a card showing a car we all take alot of pride in. There's my tupence

Cheers all and have a great christmas

They could have washed the car, the dirty bugger. :wink:

That's what I thought when I first saw it :wink:

But actually, I thought it was a great pic/card, and really appreciated. :thumbleft:

Was surprised there wasn't a note on the back about the car/owner, but now I know!

And now seems like a good chance to say thank you to everybody who volunteers their time for the ccgb. So Merry Christmas to you all, and bah humbug to those who don't appreciate it.

Yeah all done Andy, was going to be a logistical nightmare sending them out with the card but hopefully with the next publication, dont quote me on that though Lol!

Thanks Paul, nice one. I seem to need a new sticker fairly regularly :lol:

Thanks Paul, nice one. I seem to need a new sticker fairly regularly :lol:

Yes the way you get through corrados you should have your own private supplier :lol: :tongue:

:grin:

Thanks for the card. We never took last years down!

I cant believe that people take time out of their lives to do this sort of thing. I barely manage to send cars to people I know never mind organise anything like this, certainly appreciative of the effort over here.

Got my card and loved it, :luvlove:

Happy Christmas and keep up the good work to all CCGB organisers who's time and dedication all too often doesn't get the praise that they deserve :notworthy: :notworthy:

Card has pride of place on the mantlepiece; really surprised some people dont like it. :shrug:

And my missus said her favourite bit was how the C was dirty - shows a bit of action.

PS... Driving down that road in a VR must have took some balls.

I take it you havnt met Toad :fondle:

:lol:

You mean 2008's card. We didn't do one last year as people might start expecting one every year.

S'funny that with all the snow dropped on us a week or so ago we could have had a much more recent picture, except it takes a while to get the printer to set it up, send a proof out and then book us in to a production time slot. It all got signed off a week before the new snow.

And as Kip and others say, many thanks for the thanks.

We all put a lot of time and effort into club stands and having a presence at the major shows plus theres a lot of day to day record keeping, website behind the scenes maintenance and things like arranging the next few years membership cards supply, freebie air fresheners, new stickers takes so much more time than you would expect to be the case. I always feel like there is so much more that should be done but then we try to have a life away from cars a little bit :nuts:

I take it you havnt met Toad :fondle:

:lol:

:lol: The main reason I stopped there was because a toyota hilux was going so slowly in front of me I'd never have enough momentum to get up the next hill, I had to wait for him to get out the way. There wasn't anything bad about driving down there to be honest, just drive smoothly and carefully and you'll be fine.

We all put a lot of time and effort into club stands

I'm waaaaaaaay too lazy to even start to put the level of effort it takes in to run some sort of club and society. Must be a complete nightmare at times.

Got mine, even the girlfriend likes it! Was a great surprise and has taken pride of place on the shelf! I appreciate all the effort the club put in and for just £10 a year membership wouldn't dare criticise any of you! Keep up the good work and merry christmas to you all :D Ian

Mine arrived yesterday. Loved it. I thought it was great. Thanks everyone who helped produce it. It was a lovely surprise and I thought the picture itself evoked the right spirit of the car. :salute:

Suggestion for next year´s card, then, Schteve? :lol:

Mine arrived yesterday, just after Chris and me had seen one in the flesh at Wendy´s place the day before.

It shows a very good aspect of so many aspects of our cars: Use in any condition :D

We can see enough of the show&shiners at shows etc., so this Rado pic is different for a change :D

Tempest

It shows a very good aspect of so many aspects of our cars: Use in any condition :D

We can see enough of the show&shiners at shows etc., so this Rado pic is different for a change :D

Tempest

Glad to hear it Eric, which one of your 3 Volkswagens are you currently using as a daily? :wink:

You mean 2008's card. We didn't do one last year as people might start expecting one every year.

Lol, that means its been up for two years! How time flies.

For a tenner a year I dont 'expect' anything. The clubstands etc always look really good at shows and both the Prescott and York events I've been too were really good.