Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

CCGB Xmas card

How awful :!

i actually felt embarrassed to show the pic to anyone :gag:

Also can anyone show me the cover of last sprinter mag, as i dont' seem to get them, the membership card took ages to arrive too.

Not looking for an answer really, just wanted to share this :lol:

Yeah, hardly a very tactful reaction? If you got a Christmas card from a mate on Facebook would you post up on your status how sh!t you thought it was for them and all of your mutual friends to see??

The picture is a superb example of a wintery corrado scene in superb natural surroundings and is totally un photo shoped.

No use making up a scene that isn't real just to make it look pretty.

For the record this has cost a lot of money to produce.

Could always suggest your alternative next year then!

;-)

Lol. Well just that! But am sure you know what I mean :-)

Weren't being serious were u bud?!

nah, i didn't actually throw in it the bin, but i haven't put it up.

It's the thought that counts :) I never got one... but it's cause i let my membership laps.... I must do something about it in the new year.

It was a great surprise. I showed everyone that was around the house. Its now proudly up on the side :luvlove:

A nice touch guys :x-mas:

I got mine, it was my first Xmas card this year so has taken pole position.

I think it was a nice surprise and I thank CCGB for it :D

I liked it reminds me of my old white valver i had years ago nice touch from the ccgb. First card i got not adressed to me and the missus she dont like it as i put it in front of the others ha ha . thanks ccgb

went straight in the bin, i actually felt embarrassed to show the pic to anyone :gag:

Also can anyone show me the cover of last sprinter mag, as i dont' seem to get them, the membership card took ages to arrive too.

Not looking for an answer really, just wanted to share this :lol:

The club is run by volunteers. We all have lives. We all try our best. We all have jobs, lives, families. We don't make any money from it. But the only feedback we ever get is criticism like this.

Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you.

Don't worry about feedback like that Jim, there's alot of very happy people with what you guys are doing for us :notworthy:

At least you know you don't need to send anything else out to him now :lol: :wave:

I'll hold my hands up. The last one was April. I've not been up to it this year. I tried to step down as Sprinter editor.. no one volunteered for the role. I offered to stay on because I didn't want to leave the club in the lurch but frankly I've had one of the worst years of my life in terms of stress in my job, my personal life and so forth and the Sprinter hasn't been high on my agenda.

I accept it's not good enough and I appreciate people pay for their membership - and I am sorry. Hoping for a clean start in 2011! Will try and get an issue out nice and early in the year!

Got my card today - I like it, different, and that is a good thing just like Corrados :)

went straight in the bin, i actually felt embarrassed to show the pic to anyone :gag:

:lol:

They could have washed the car, the dirty bugger. :wink:

Now I'm moderately familiar with the pic, but can someone scan it so I can see? Thanks.

xxxxx

Not seen the Christmas card yet.......but i know when i do it'll be getting a very good spot :D

And Jim, it is very much appreciated what you and all the others do for the CCGB and all the mod's on here too :notworthy: :notworthy: ........the truth is, in my opinion that, yes i like to read the sprinter but its just a bonus really.......i just like being in the gang :lol:

I also hope you have a less stressful new year :salute:

Now I'm moderately familiar with the pic, but can someone scan it so I can see? Thanks.

xxxxx

No nearby access to a scanner, but these poorly taken camera phone pictures may whet your appetite until someone else comes along with the goods!

The club is run by volunteers. We all have lives. We all try our best. We all have jobs, lives, families. We don't make any money from it. But the only feedback we ever get is criticism like this.

ahem! :)

xxxxx

No nearby access to a scanner, but these poorly taken camera phone pictures may whet your appetite until someone else comes along with the goods!

Cheers dude! That's good enough for me. :D

Well thanks for all the positive comments you lot! Has made it worth while by just reading a few of them. :salute:

No pressure with the sprinter Jim, as you say we all have lives to lead too and with the year i've had I have seriously though of standing down at the AGM as I feel I haven't put much into it this year.

Two eye operations and its still not right and the crash as well with all that hassle :( well I just feel like not bothering.

Am sure though i'll bounce back when i start the majorca training in the new year! :?