Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

What not to do when stuck in the snow...

She's also digging out the wrong wheels. My neighbour and her son were digging out her 1 series last winter so I kindly grabbed my shovel and started on the rear wheels... they had been digging out the front wheels for some time, and he works in motorsport too :)

i cant decide if she forgot, or if she just genuinely was so stupid she couldnt put 2 and 2 together? she hardly made any effort to get back in and stop it??

Wow.

The only question I have to ask in that situation is how did she have the intelligence in the first place to be able to get a job to afford a two year old BMW in the first place. I suppose we've all done daft stuff before but unfortunately for a lot of people these days there is always someone armed with a camera and an internet connection to show the world.

chufffing brilliant, but seriously BM's are just crap in this weather, i have spent that last two weeks just going sideways 340bhp with 265/40/18 tyres is not good lol, fun but not all the time.

I genuinely think that she got herself in such a flap about what she was going to do that she forgot!!

However ain't karma a bitch! that bloke instead of laughing at that woman should have helped her!

As if theres people slating the dude who videod this, i personallythink its a good video and shes one of the dumbest people ive seen.. well deserved stupidity.

And "how did she have the intelligence in the first place to be able to get a job to afford a two year old BMW in the first place"

Her husband bought it, im sure she wouldnt even know what a steering wheel was if someone asked her, let alone told her.

Leaving in gear, trying to push it, nice but asking for a fail.

Laura, your only being sympathetic as you know full well first hand that problems like this to occour on a daily basis being female n that....

In all fair honesty all she had to do was turn the steering wheel towards the actual path of the road and jumped back in as soon as it begun moving. Instead she left it pointed straight at the house.

Funny though lol.

Why for heavens sake :brickwall: complete stupidity but a lesson learnt no doubt. would have rather get me boots on and help though!

She's also digging out the wrong wheels.

When I pulled into the work carpark this morning, a colleague in his Mondeo was just spinning and going nowhere. Our carpark is block paved and snow on top of that seems to make a nice ice rink compared to tarmac. Anyway, after watching him struggle to park his car, I got out and offered to push him and he asked me which wheels were spinning because he had a shovel in the boot? LOL, how can people not know what wheels are driven on their own car? :cuckoo: :lol:

I guess some folk really are that ignorant when it comes to cars! It also proves that people don't RTFM when buying anything any more!

I saw this the other day, thought it was rather apt when reading this thread :)

65886_1752521173779_1261383964_2343000_308191_n.jpg

Took a couple of looks before I twigged.

She's also digging out the wrong wheels.

When I pulled into the work carpark this morning, a colleague in his Mondeo was just spinning and going nowhere. Our carpark is block paved and snow on top of that seems to make a nice ice rink compared to tarmac. Anyway, after watching him struggle to park his car, I got out and offered to push him and he asked me which wheels were spinning because he had a shovel in the boot? LOL, how can people not know what wheels are driven on their own car? :cuckoo: :lol:

I guess some folk really are that ignorant when it comes to cars! It also proves that people don't RTFM when buying anything any more!

He could have been asking which side was spining?

although... You should still dig out both wheels that are driving the car.

He could have been asking which side was spining?

although... You should still dig out both wheels that are driving the car.

No mate, he asked which wheels were spinning :D To ask which side was spinning would assume he understands differentials and trust me, he doesn't :lol:

He was reversing into a space (5" deep compacted snow) and the car was fishtailing because it's essentially a RWD car in those conditions, so it behaved just like a BMW pulling out a side road :lol:

I think its to easy for us on a motoring forum to take this p!ss out of your average joe (with minimal motoring knowledge) in situations like this. For starters, the guy videoing it could have offered to help.

I mean, nobody is an expert at everything and I'm sure some of us have made a complete mess of something in our lives!

Personally, I think our British driving test is highly flawed and lacks a lot in terms of teaching us to understand the car and how it works. How much of your knowledge in cars is from the driving lessons/test rather than being self taught through interest?

Agreed, nlau1. We only know because we choose to know. There are a lot of people out there who know feck all about cars other than they put a key in the ignition and it will drive them places. I do find it difficult to empathise at times because I do wonder how people can be so oblivious and actually uninterested in something they depend on so much.. but that seems to be the public at large!

The driving test / lessons taught me NOTHING of mechanics, how the car works, etc. Anything I've learned has been since the driving test!