Sign in to follow this  
mikkijayne

New front and rear spoilers - carbon fibre inside!

Hey all,

Looky what I just bought for the Corrado V8 8) (this isn't my car btw! Mine haven't arrived yet)

Extended rear spoiler:

Spoiler1.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

spoiler3.jpg

spoiler4.jpg

This piece comes in CF and plain fibreglass to be painted. Its based on the original, but has a little kick up at the back like the M3 CSL. I'll post pics of a painted one on a red C later, as that really shows off the shape. At the moment there are less than ten of these in existence and only 1 in Europe!

70mm (yes, 70!) front lip spoiler in urethane:

lip4.jpg

The original 90mm is on the left, and the new one on the right.

lip1.jpg

lip2.jpg

lip3.jpg

The urethane allows the spoiler to bend, rather than crack like the factory plastic one does, and is a nice compromise for lowered cars instead of using the 45mm US one :) I'm constantly scraping mine on the floor, and my car isn't even that low.

What do y'all think?

Pic of mine that they're going on:

brad.jpg

Mikki :cat:

Very nice! But more importantly, what's the latest regarding the V8? :norty:

Where did you purchase the rear spoiler from and remember seeing pictures a while back about the rear spoilers on a website which site was it??

Cheers

Jon

Both parts are from SpoonFedTuning in the US, designed by 'Dogger' on VWVortex. Thats his car in the pics :) I'll be acting as the UK agent if there is enough interest in them.

Banan0r - I'll be getting back on with the V8 in the spring ;)

Have wanted a CF spoiler for some time.. any idea what prices work out to if / when he's selling them in the UK, MikkiJayne?

The fibreglass spoilers are $250 in the US, which is around £175 plus shipping. The CF ones are obviously quite a bit more, and there are two versions of those made with different production methods. If there is enough interest then I'll start a group buy thread so we can bring a bunch in together to optimise shipping costs and taxes

Hm.. I thought with the good exchange rate they'd not come in at any more than about £200.. :| Lets wait and see what a group-buy can do I guess!

I LOVE SHINEY CARBON FIBRE :notworthy:

And I work with the stuff every day, but don`t ask me to start making you guys things, I only buy them :lol:

So I`m in on a group buy please

The carbon fibre spoiler look nice, I'm just not keen on how far they stick out.. Also they look a bit strange when they are up.

Hm.. I thought with the good exchange rate they'd not come in at any more than about £200.. :| Lets wait and see what a group-buy can do I guess!

Exchange rate is 1.56 at the moment. Not awful, but not great either. The killer is import duty and VAT etc. Once the thieving toe rags at HMRC have had their way you're looking at roughly 40% over the purchase price to get them in to the country :bad-words:

If enough people are interested then we'll see what we can do for the group-buy and take it from there.

:cat:

I did want to order the front and rear spoiler (though not in cf) but it's too costly imo baring in mind the fact that i'm only going to smash it sooner or later!

If there's a group buy for both i might be game depending on moneys. Wouldn't be interested in the CF though as it'll just get painted anyway.

Abdul

Well the bonus of the front spoiler is that you can't smash it because its made of flexible urethane ;) Plus you have an extra 20mm of ground clearance too.

Pics of a painted fibreglass one:

nick1.jpg

nick2.jpg

nick3.jpg

nick4.jpg

nick5.jpg

nick6.jpg

nick7.jpg

nick8.jpg

8)

Well prices aren't firm yet, but we're trying to get sub-£200 each for the fibreglass rear spoiler and the urethane front lip. I should have exact figures tomorrow, and I'll make a group buy thread.

Also:

CFlip1.jpg

CFlip2.jpg

CFlip3.jpg

CFlip4.jpg

:norty:

Wow :shock:

Thats going to be a shows only item me thinks!!!

THIS lol...

Hello everyone!

I am dogger, James, the guy who makes these parts. Thank you for all of your responses and interest.

Thank you Mikki too!

I just wanted to add that the urethane 70mm lips are very durable and superior to ABS at withstanding impact and scraping. They won't crack easily from simple impacts like the OE lips will. I've had a 70mm lip on my car for a few weeks now and my car is low, so far it has yet to rubbed once. Whereas the 90mm lip rubbed constantly and the corners wore through. These lips can also be painted easily with flexible bumper paint for a nice satin black finish. They don't have the textured finish of the OE lip.

Yes the carbon fiber 90mm lip is more of a show piece. We've sold several already and all are intended just for shows. They look amazing. I'll have pics of one installed on my car soon.

Thank you again!

Thanks for signing up! Could you give me an idea of ballpark price for the Carbon Fibre rear spoiler?