V-Dubstar

Vibratechnics Engine Mounts GB Feeler

Definitely (depending on discount):

VAG800M: Fast Road, Front Mount, for G60.

May want:

VAG970M: Fast Road, Rear Mount, for G60.

VAG870M: Fast Road, Gearbox Mount, for G60.

Will be looking for cheaper alternatives for the Rear and Gearbox mounts as looking in the search history shows MK2 Diesel or standards may suffice for fast road applications. Will need to find out the prices of these though to compare the value.

I'll be wanting VAG950M VR6 (fast road) for starters possibly the rear one as well but i'll get back to you on that.

As stated in the original post, they're offering us 15% off (will confirm tomorrow and postage costs)

They're RRP on the site is just shy of £125 so not a bad deal if that includes the VAT.

Stay tuned :)

VAG950M VR6 (fast road) for me think im gonna run standard gbox and rear i dont want it to be too harsh!

Yep- I'm interested in front mount for VR6- the VAG950M VR6 (fast road) if price good- current list less 15% I can already get locally so interested to see what someone might offer on GB

I`ll defantly take a VAG950M (front VR6) mount, and depending on price I`d be interested in VAG885M & VAG875M. If the price is right I`ll take all 3, but would like to know the price of the other 2 first, if that makes sence ?

Without wanting to sound like I'm gatecrashing this, I was impressed with what I read about Andy (Cazza VR) and the solid mount he recently fitted, as below:

" Did a bit of research on here and on VR6OC and found that quite a few Golf VR6 drivers are using a solid front mount. Wasn't too keen on the idea- had a solid mount on my last 16v and it gave horrible vibrations at idle etc. However, after looking at the reviews, the guys on VR6OC seemed very impressed and also said it gives next to no extra vibrations, due to the cross-member bushings. So I bought one off Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Mk3-VR6-S ... 2c59852c78 .

Well-priced and arrived quickly. It's a really nice piece of kit! Fitted it last night, and took for a good old drive this morning... it's superb! The car feels amazing + there is basically NO extra vibration. Totally cured the engine movement, gearchange feels better too. Would totally recommend this mount "

I think at the price this may be a viable option for VR6 owners so I have E Mailed the seller to see if he would be interested in a potential group buy and an idea of price.

Depending on what he comes back with, this may be an alternative for those who just want to replace their front mount at a cheaper price? I will keep you all informed.

Ian.

1st post updated with new info! If anyone interested could please let me know, if we want a GB on this I need to have numbers!!

Still very much interested but could do with a price for them as I'm after the rears aswell seems most people just want the fronts. I know price will vary between suppliers but I am serious about getting them.

Still interested, so realistically were looking at £127 mark for the front, is that including postage?

Still interested, so realistically were looking at £127 mark for the front, is that including postage?

Spot on, except it doesn't include P&P. Final price would be £135 delivered. Delivery is £7.80 if u have 1 mount delivered or 3, from VT direct.

I've just emailed C&R with the numbers I currently have from page 1 so will see what they say - their price is £128 without incl VAT without any discount so Im hoping they come back with some good news :)

Have you been in touch with D&G, venom or awesome?

No, but then if their prices are £145 and C&R's are £128 to begin with, I don't think they'd be able to compete. Plus C&R have said they will give discount on top of this price, they just need numbers

Yea suppose, well i'll put my name down for a front. I know the advice is to use a diesel gearbox mount but cant find the thread for the rear engine mount recommendation so will stick with that for now.

Yea suppose, well i'll put my name down for a front. I know the advice is to use a diesel gearbox mount but cant find the thread for the rear engine mount recommendation so will stick with that for now.

Yeh Im gonna go with a mk2 diesel GB mount. Im just gonna get a VT rear engine one as well though and be done with it!

C&R's ebay shop put them out at £139.95, which is only a fiver more than VT are offering with discount.... Granted that C&R price doesn't include delivery but it looks as if they should definitely be able to siginificantly beat the VT price. Fingers crossed!

Mark

Competition front, fast road rear, VAG MK2 rubber gearbox. That's a real sweet combo for a road car with minimal loss in refinement and big grins through the corners :D

Avoid the GSF gearbox mount as it's utter garbage!

Competition front, fast road rear, VAG MK2 rubber gearbox. That's a real sweet combo for a road car with minimal loss in refinement and big grins through the corners :D

Avoid the GSF gearbox mount as it's utter garbage!

Kev is the competition really not that bad for cabin vibration?

Nah it's fine mate. As the Glosterx gentleman stated previously, the front cross member the mount sits on is isolated by 4 rubber bushes.

It may take some getting used to pulling away because the clutch bite feels more instant. Far less sogginess and splodge.

Competition rear and gearbox certainly transmit a lot of vibration and noise into the car. Well, I say a lot, but it's subjective really. It's not horrendous like poly mounts all round, but defo noticable.

I've tried all combos of VT mounts and what i've suggested I'm pretty sure most people will like. Some folk will want comp spec on all 3, but each to our own :D

If thats the case Kev, would it not be better to simply go solid front mount, fast road rear? Would also save £70. Im trying to make my car as nice as i can to drive and live with as its my daily. If it wasn't for the fact im sticking a 6 branch on i'd have sticked with new standard ones.

You can certainly try it :D I've never used a solid mount on any of my cars, and never will either!

It may not add any vibration but the cross member bushes are not designed to behave as a primary engine mount. They are for secondary vibration isolation. All the pulling forces acting on the engine mount have to go somewhere if you put a solid lump of metal in it's place....and somewhere it does eventually go! Usually bends / breaks the engine mount bracket or kills off the rear mount quicker than usual.

People tend to 'get away with it' but you seldom here reviews of such parts from people who use their cars all day, every day.