Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sands

A beacon of hope, maintenance wise.

The VR went in for MOT today. Now, granted, she's regularly fettled at DG but even so, on a 15 year old car, I was fairly certain some footling detail would be awry that would necessitate fixing and a retest.

My 15 year old sports coupe flew through without even an advisory. Never having owned a car that was less than ten years old or that had fewer than 50,000 on the clock when purchased, this is new territory for me. :D

So to all of you struggling with reliability, niggling problems etc (and believe me, I've BEEN there!), accept this offer of hope for us all...

Once again, a ringing endorsement for preventative maintenance and yet another reason to thank the Almighty for DG Autotech. Thanks to them, my 'rado's in great shape!

(Am aware I have tempted providence hugely...gulp).

Ed.

Nah Jake, the dogging dents have gone! She's looking a lot smarter these days, what with undented, fresher looking panels on and having had a good mop. You'll have to see at a meet soon... :shades:

I'm not sure where the M.O.T. law stands on suspicious looking sex-swapping type damage...

B.T.W., for anyone thinking I'm some sort of random perv., all this is from before I owned the VR, honest!

Good work, I've had my VR 6 years and not a single failure, they really are quite good in that respect!

Good work, I've had my VR 6 years and not a single failure, they really are quite good in that respect!

Yeah, I must say that I've always found both my VRs to be pretty bullet proof. That's if you take out the small matter of the bottom end blowing in the last one...hey, everyone's allowed an off day!

However, even with the last VR and this VR last year (its first M.O.T. with me), there's always been something small ie a brake pipe with the beginnings of corrosion etc. This time though, nothing! Happy days...

Not to sound too smug but mine went through with no advisories too. 8)

And I bought my car with no service history and all ive replaced wear and tear wise is a fan switch and thermostat. :D

Touch wood nothing changes. Haha.

Like Jonny I'm tempting fate here but, mine sailed through with no advisories either... having said that, I have spent sodding '000s on it over the past couple of years or so so I can't be too cocky. :lol:

...that and I know that it's only a matter of time before the starter finally gives up on me permanently...

Nah Jake, the dogging dents have gone! She's looking a lot smarter these days, what with undented, fresher looking panels on and having had a good mop. You'll have to see at a meet soon... :shades:

I'm not sure where the M.O.T. law stands on suspicious looking sex-swapping type damage...

B.T.W., for anyone thinking I'm some sort of random perv., all this is from before I owned the VR, honest!

Haha sounding good I hope you kept the bonnet as a momento tho just to the comical value

The biggest issue with cars of this age is rust, it seems that corrados were given great protection at the factory though. My experience sees the rear brake lines as the worst regular rust related fail. Everything else can be sorted relativily easily and cheaply

it seems that comrades were given event protection at the story though.

:confused4:

haha thats briliant! :D

Wow, 15 years is really old, good work.

Sarcasm? :scratch: Not sure why, if it is. Ok, 15 years old is the youngest of them and is hardly the era of white wall bicycle tyres and manual starter handles but it is old enough to be sure that certain parts will have failed by now through wear and tear; some might have gone without notice but will then cause it to fail its M.O.T.

Given that M.O.T.s are required from the time a car is more than three years old onwards, due to the likelihood by then of some aspects of the car having gone south, I don't think it was exactly asinine to be pleased that a car that is five times older than that should fly through an M.O.T. without anything at all needing looking at.

However, if it was really sarcasm revolving around how old fifteen really is, thanks very much: it'll keep me on my toes for my next Year 10 lesson! :D