Critical_Mass

WTD: unusual part request

The .txt file is just a .dxf file that you should be able to open in just about any cad software ever made. I use a thing called QCad. The only reason I included the dxf is in case whoever you get to do it wants to CNC them; it might save a bit of time. If it's going to be turned manually though the image with the dimensions should be enough to make one; just right click and save as on the image, give it to your uncle and see what he thinks :).

Hey Gaz,

Great success today!

Got the bit you need but having seen the above post, do you still need to have an actual item? Let us know and its here ready to go mate.

Cheers, Matt.

Hey Gaz,

Great success today!

Got the bit you need but having seen the above post, do you still need to have an actual item? Let us know and its here ready to go mate.

Cheers, Matt.

AH thats fantastic mate, yeah send it over mate. I want to give my uncle both the dimensions and also a hard version of it.

Thats cracking. I can get some copies made now... well soon anyway.

Please note guys, my uncle is on holiday next week and possible the week after. If you can just hold on until he gets back i'll get him to make them up asap :D

Im sure there's no immediate rush for these.

Matt you have PM.

Colin - im assuming you mean phione number. To be honest it will be a favour for a family member. But i suppose i could ask in the future if need be. Just cant ask too often. :D

Pete - I can add you to the list but am not promising anything. The list i have now isnt set in stone. Same applies to you Mr Dragon.

Sorry guys i know this sounds harsh, but i will get as many made as i can :)

By the way guys, im just waiting to receive said part from 8vmatt then i can pass it on to my uncle. :D

Right guys, my uncle will be making some guide sleeves this week so i should get them over the weekend. He's making them out of copper. He didnt specify numbers but not 100% sure i'll be able to get one for everyone - he's doing it between jobs for me and will have a big contract to complete next week, so may not get chance to do more.

I'll let you all know.

Thanks

Gaz

Right guys, my uncle will be making some guide sleeves this week so i should get them over the weekend. He's making them out of copper. He didnt specify numbers but not 100% sure i'll be able to get one for everyone - he's doing it between jobs for me and will have a big contract to complete next week, so may not get chance to do more.

I'll let you all know.

Thanks

Gaz

Good stuff, as soon as you give me the ok ill get a new bonnet cable ordered from VW :D

Yep, it'll be fine. Just copper is usually quite expensive and relatively soft. Not really a problem here though.