Critical_Mass

WTD: unusual part request

OK there's been a change. It was cousin informing me incorrectly.

I've just got off the phone from him now - He is using high tensile steal, even though i said it didnt need to be hight tenisle. But its simply because thats what he has laying around. He said he could either get these done by an engineer he knows who will do an exact copy of the original, but wont be cheap each. So i said no to that.

Alternatively, he's getting someone to make some using the laith and equipment they have to hand and will get them as close as possible. He's done 2 already, one he says is spot on, the other he says the hole down the middle is slightly off centre. But it wont matter considering the application.

He asked how many i wanted i said 10, but he did say they're not as simple to make as they look, but he'll see what he can do. But i said if he could do anything between 5-10. :D

good can i have my bit back then ? lol nice one good call .

Yes mate, you can have it back. I've replied to matts PM :) Though i was under the impression that he'd given me that one to get copies and in return id send him a metal one for free? :shrug:

Good call ???

Yes mate, you can have it back. I've replied to matts PM :) Though i was under the impression that he'd given me that one to get copies and in return id send him a metal one for free? :shrug:

Good call ???

hey mate just my dry sense of humor. good call as in nice one for sorting out another part thats deleated and being sorted by someone on here , didnt mean to come across as being difficult . regards rob

hey mate just my dry sense of humor. good call as in nice one for sorting out another part thats deleated and being sorted by someone on here , didnt mean to come across as being difficult . regards rob

No not at all mate. Just that Matt said i could have the plastic part for free when i asked for it and i said in return i'll send him a metal one in return. I dont mind sending both back if you need them :D

that would be great as we have a buyer for the release cable , the part you are sorting is the bit he needs .thanks rob

When you need payment fella let me know, VR6 Lee is my brother so if you want to combine postage etc let me know and ill send payment over for both of us cheers

Jon

Well i got them tonight. They're by no means spot on, there's a few points that ive noticed about the metal version. Firstly the stem tapers half way up but the metal ones dont seem to taper so much (see pic). Secondly, the hole through the centre on a couple of them MAY need drill out a tad on a couple of them - possibly not though. BUT hopefully this wont stop them doing their job. :D

To behonest, im not expecting payment for these guys, though a couple of quid for the postage would be good :D Anything left, i'll donate to the CF.

If you could send payment as a gift via paypal, to [email protected], if you could also tell me your name, CF username and address.

Jon - yeah i'll post both to the same address if thats ok.

neuon2003 - sorry mate, i dont have one for you. But if i can get anymore made, i'll put you first on the list fella. Though if someone doesnt pay for theirs, i'll make it yours.

Edited by Critical_Mass

Just sent payment of £4 over fella any left over donate to forum, have included postage address with paypal gift payment

Cheers

Jon

havent got these posted yet, waiting til towards the end of the week to see if any more monies comes my way. Then i can get them posted all at the same time.

Hope thats ok,

neuon2003 - sorry mate, i dont have one for you. But if i can get anymore made, i'll put you first on the list fella. Though if someone doesnt pay for theirs, i'll make it yours.

No worries. Many thanks indeed for the offers.

No worries. Many thanks indeed for the offers.

You may still get one yet mate, a few people have yet to get in touch plus Kempy has said he may not need one anymore. But he'll let me know.

Forgot about this! Will make payment tomorrow :)

Cheers fella.

I know its not being long and i seem to be rushing peeps for the £2, but i want to be able to get these posted at the same time :D

You may still get one yet mate, a few people have yet to get in touch plus Kempy has said he may not need one anymore. But he'll let me know.

Great :thumbleft:. Give me a shout when you need money and an address.