Pat_McCrotch

Pat McCrotch's VR6

Neil, before ya do that pop to the local bike shop and buy a couple of spokes and tape them together, makes the perfect tool as the bent end acts as a pretty good hook :clap:

Otherwise, this will be my daily but also an ongoing restoration/maintenance project. Kev's car is proof that they can be easily be used as a daily and still look mint if you [strike:3ci42skd]look after it properly[/strike:3ci42skd] spend a f'ckin fortune on them.

Fixed ;)

Yeah that was Neil, he's got grey hair now from the stress of Corrado ownership.....

You mean no hair? :lol:

Couple of possibilities 3corsameal;

Saturday; Long Melford Bypass/Sudbury - I was in the passenger seat and original owner was in drivers seat

Sunday - Same area again. Me and mate in car

Sunday afternoon - Great Cornard/Bures/Ballingdon/Sudbury.

that would of been you then :wave:

My mate commented on how mint it looked, paintwork did look nice. I've been debating whether to get rid of my debadged grill since seeing it. (i hardly even see corrados)

Yeah, i should really get out and meet up with some fellow corrado fans.

always seems to be something up with my car when the chance comes around :lol: it should be back on the road by the time the roads aren't so dirty

nice one back in the club , c looks nice , your bits are on the way to you now ....... good luck with opening em i may have gone a tad over the top with the rapping :nuts: but did not want any dissapointment your end .

Need to get some 'rado love pics up.

For more horror look in here :)

Highlights are Kev playing with 10 inches on pg 3, a small group in the sun at Stealth on pg 8, some familiar banner pics on pg 13 and a group love in on page 17.

Well, thanks to dodgy radio wiring the dashboard went up in smoke today! Cue lots of panicking and shouts of get a fire extinguisher! Turns out a live-feed wire had melted all the way to the ignition switch :| The wiring wasn't crimped up properly when the original Sony radio was fitted by the dealer with meant it made contact with the OEM radio I put in. Bare wire + metal radio casing = burning!

Kev came to my rescue (yet again) after work and we set about pulling the centre console etc to pieces and replaced the offending wire. The problem is the hiccup has caused the original dealer-fit laserline alarm have a MASSIVE hissy fit. The immobilizer cut-in tonight leaving me stranded 10 miles from home and hasn't restarted since. Phoned the AA as I have cover with my bank. "Someone should be with you by 10:30pm..it was 8:30pm at that point :mad2:

Car is now home, but the plan is at some point in the next week to remove the laserline alarm and get something else fitted.

I honestly have the worst luck with cars ever :roll: But I know it's not the Corrado's fault, as usual it's crap caused by aftermarket stuff!!

p.s. Kev is a saint and I don't know what I would do without him :salute:

It's nothing we haven't seen before on Corrados - previous owner botching.

Although having said that, it's funny how the electrical short happened just after Neil fitted his new stereo :lol:

It won't even crank over now and the alarm siren sounds like someone's smothered it with a pillow, which definitely = one completely fecked alarm.

I'll be ripping it out and returning the wiring back to stock for Neil. I hate alarms. And I hate poorly fitted ones by botching bastards even more.

... I know it's not the Corrado's fault, as usual it's crap caused by aftermarket stuff!!

I sympathise, I took out part of the alarm unit on my 8v (wasn't working anyway) but completely removing the associated immobiliser is going to be a nightmare, it's preventing the central locking working at all at the moment, but the problem is the fitter has removed about 6 inches of ALL of the wiring from the steering column and spliced the alarm units in there, going to take hours to rebuild properly.

alarm siren sounds like someone's smothered it with a pillow, which definitely = one completely fecked alarm.

this is what mine does when the battery goes flat.

alarm siren sounds like someone's smothered it with a pillow, which definitely = one completely fecked alarm.

this is what mine does when the battery goes flat.

it was doing that with the engine running....

Oh dear dude - hopefully it will get sorted without too much cost and also give you an oppotunity to sort the dash rattles etc out!

Most of the key mounting lugs on the dash plastics have been snapped off, so no amount of felt padding is going to stop the initial rattling :(

Ideally needs a new centre console frame, but that ain't gonna happen, unless we send one off to the Chinese to clone for us :D

When i fitted a new stereo in my old valver, i shorted something and it wouldn't start either..........one new ignition switch and all was well

Do they make a RHD one? Maybe we could ask them to! :norty:

When i fitted a new stereo in my old valver, i shorted something and it wouldn't start either..........one new ignition switch and all was well

Yeah I told him to add one of those to the growing parts list :)

Humn, looks like early LHD centre consoles are on classic parts but no sign of the RHD one, doesnt' look good for new centre console production to us RHD folks..

Ignition switch is sooo fecking tight (fitted by dealer in 08) that I can't get the bugger off! I know they are a PITA (did the switch myself on my old C) but this in in another league! In less than 5 days my dream Corrado has turned into the most hated car i've ever owned! :pale: I don't think even my previous one caused me this much grief.

I know Kev has been suffering the brunt of my melodramatic rants ( :lol: ) over the last 48 hours but to say I feel low about the whole thing would be an understatement :pale:

Well, Reidy (supercharged) was in the area tonight and after a beer and a good moan we found a fuse blown on alarm side of things and also ruled out the existing ignition switch as being at fault. So it's definitely the alarm thats the culprit as Kev suggested.

Feeling a little happier now :)

Neil, I think it is a dead battery too as the siren was really quiet after we stuck a new fuse in...

I think also that the alternator wasn't charging when you drove it with the clocks not working - this explains why you got 10 miles and it died...

Kev - as I said to Neil I would try and fix it first with the alarm in as being original it actually looks really well fitted - the power to the siren etc must come from the fusebox as there are no extra wires from the battery apart from the headlight loom - again, looks pretty good quality.