Pat_McCrotch

Pat McCrotch's VR6

...Still, it's always the way with cars. The ones you couldn't give two schitts about or even like are always the most reliable cars, in the world......ever.

yep, if we only wanted reliable cars we'd have all been driving Toyota Corrollas for the last 20 years instead :sleeping:

My Mum's Corrolla seized it's engine at 52,000 miles :lol:

Mind you, back in 1994 when she got it, it's 75hp 1300cc 16V engine was space age compared to the absolute dog of a 1275cc A series that was in my Allegro. All 54hp (when new) of it.

And even when I moved up in the world and got a 1600cc MK2 Golf CL, the Corrolla was still more powerful :lol:

My Mum's Corrolla seized it's engine at 52,000 miles :lol:

To be fair it was hardly standard - hadn't she bored it out to a 1.5, painted the rocker cover pink and and fitted a 'supercharging' device in the form of a 12V powered babyliss travel hairdryer going into a K&N 57i indudction kit...

Car gets better every day at the moment. Jobs done at Kev's today were fitting the door mouldings (looks much better), replaced the aerial roof seal and put more of the dash together. Also re-stuck the leather on the passenger door card as it was coming loose :)

Things still to do;

- Replace NS door lock. Not locking :(

- Sort out radio wiring and find wire for radio lighting

- Fit new wheels! Kev's old 17" Compomotives

- Raise OSF coilover by 5 mil :)

- Wheel alignment

It's then going in for a windscreen on Monday (don't worry, i've ordered every trim possible to replace :cheers:

You haven't been in it mate :lol:

The throttle pedal is just a volume level for the engine.

Closed = No noise and no acceleration.

50% open = Some noise and no accleration.

Wide open = Max noise and no acceleration.

Still, it's always the way with cars. The ones you couldn't give two schitts about or even like are always the most reliable cars, in the world......ever.

That's known as constant power vairiable noise in my line of work, used to be joke about the Jaguars engines, that and the only reason it took off was due to the curvature of the Earth.

lookin good though ,at least they have seen the light of day , mine have not !. me tax ran out the day they were fitted , she has been in the garage ever since . .......must confess though i did have a quick sneaky blast round the block a few weeks ago :nono:

Windscreen tomorrow :pale:

I've removed the A-pillar trims and will be getting there early to remove the wipers and scuttle panel trims and ordered all new ones for it. Luckily although it's had a replacement screen already theres not sign of rust from the inside. I've even ordered the VW windscreen sealant to make sure everything goes OK.

First big clean and despite expecting to find loads of scratches etc as you do on a new car there was actually very little. The only thing of concern is;

- Minor number plate lamp/bootlid corrosion. I did actually check this when buying but the spoiler hid the bit in question :( I'm going to get this done in March when my Dad has time (he does bodywork)

- Small spot (smaller than 5p) of rust on the near side sill next to the kick plate (towards b-post). Common Corrado problem as the kick plate rubs against the bodywork. I've seen some totally rotton sills because of this. Mines just got surface rust but I don't currently have a small enough drill bit to rub it, rust prevent and paint. Must invest in a dremel :)

Other jobs done today were a new set of pedal rubbers and the plastic washers were renewed on both front wings with a bit of VAG cavity wax; the reason why you find rust on most C wings is because these are removed by bodyshops and the bare metal screw is put back in.

The cleaning process was Meguairs Gloss class shampoo, followed by Autoglym HD wax and then finally with a spray of Dody juice. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take pictures :epicfail: But i'll see if I can get one at the Windscreen place :dorky:

Things to do this week;

- Road Tax tomorrow! :lol:

- Treat rust spot on NS sill

- Find out why the near side door isn't locking

- Adjust camber on OSF

- Put new rubber washers on the rear number plate plinth.

- Lower OSR coilover by 5mil

Nice compomotives, mine ate due to turn up at the end of February and was wondering what size tyres are people using on them ? 205 or 215 40 17

215/40/17's. I bought them from kevhaywire with these on. When the time comes i'm going to fit 205/40/17 Goodyear Efficientgrips as they are the lightest tyres on the market and less wheel weight = more fun :D

Looks sweet love the wheels , Funny how you can see the a3 in the background and looking at the rado it does not looked dated compared to it . from most angles the corrado really is such a timeless shape.

Well the windscreen is done. Happy it went in without problems, not so happy that they didn't order the scuttle panel trims like I said they would need to. Managed to break two of them :roll: I've ordered a whole new set which I now have to pay for myself as they've done the job. I've decided the original wipers are just too shocking to live with (I was hoping to save cash by keeping them) and have ordered a set of OEM TT Wipers & arms to go on tomorrow with the scuttle trims.

And finally, a daylight/half decent picture that I took at 7am this morning. It's starting to come together now to the point where i'm happy when I drive it :)

It's starting to come together now to the point where i'm happy when I drive it :)

index6.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeNsCpYA-V-xg3-9AMeoTR8aaTRHQ

OK, well the tracking still needs sorting, and the front brakes need upgrading, and the rides bloody hard.... :lol:

:lol:

Small things mate! Hard ride? I thought it was pretty good for budget coilovers! You'll never get Audi A6 ride comfort from a Corrado mate :D

Adjusting that camber seemed to have a massive effect on the ride quality. I'm hoping that final adjustment will have it sweet. I think the rear definately needs dropping 5 mil or so before they finally seize up. Especially when the Speedlines go on in the winter.

Really need to sort a new windscreen out for my VR.. it's so badly stonechipped! Just afraid of cowboy fitters :| Was it an insurance job for you, or out of your own pocket?

Looking good Neil, you've certainly brought the car on quickly. Where did u get the screen done? Mine's got a chip that will need sorting sooner or later. Something else for the long list...

Mark