Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

respec' from BMW salesmen...

..at least that's what I think it was...

On the way into Liverpool today I was stopped at some lights, and whilst trying to see the reflection of my C in the big glass windows of Williams BMW Liverpool I noticed one of the sales blokes sat at his desk gesturing to another bloke to look towards the Corrado - it was looking particularly fine & shiny as it has just been washed 8) - anyway they saw me looking at them and started giving me the thumbs up 8) - didn't quite know what to do so just gave them a feeble wave and the lights changed and I was off....

made me feel all warm and chumbly... :-)

I had a similar experience when a mercedes mechanic brought my dads car back from a service. He saw my C on the drive and said to my dad "now thats a proper car! not like these new mercs!"

Starting to think we should get a thread, like the spotted thread, where we post about Corrado's gettin props & compliments :D :)

They are always really fun to read :)

my local dealer keeps offering to buy mine for £500.... don't spose thats a compliment is it :!:

Ok, here we go:

I took the car to the auto windscreens place they said "lovely cars mate, we won't charge you just for those tiny chips, don't worry about it"

I was speaking to a guy at a party who said "I always wanted one of those" - he worked in insurance therefore realised it was futile!! ;)

A guy dropping off my shock absorbers complimented the cars, saying they were great..

A guy driving past in a Golf 2 GTi drove really slowly past the car, gazing at it all the way. ("I couldn't afford one of those probably!")

There's been others but nothing really major. Everyone says what a nice car they are, aren't they great, and then something goes wrong with the damn thing and I wind up spending another small fortune on it. It *is* a nice feeling though, knowing that those in the know hold it in such high esteem. I couldn't care less what the nova boys say..

copper who came to look at mine after it was covered in flour and dog food commented on how there weren't many of them left now.

guy who fitted windscreen commented on the recent top gear coverage and what nice cars they are.

I seem to kick up a fuss every year down at the local MOT station..... :)

All my mates reckon I drive a seriously cool motor 8)

Forever getting people staring but that worries me as they should be looking where they are going!!! LOL

my little girl is 6 and is considered really cool with the boys at school cos her dad drives a c vr6 and a ducati 748. Thats good enough reason for me to keep both and maintain the bairns street cred :wink: :roll:

My windscreen fitters didn't even give it a second glance or a passing comment. They hate Corrados! Still, he did a good job of the screen none-the-less :lol:

K