Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

Got all my car cleaning stuff out earlier to see how much of each I had left and what I needed to get. Ready for a 2 day cleaning fest later on this week in preparation for the national day. Only things missing from the pic is my pressure washer.

Hi, my names Jake and I have a car cleaning problem!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62573[/ATTACH]

If thats a problem, i dont know what's going on in my shed!!

I've got the same plan for this week, 2 day detail.. may turn into more as i've got to clean all the leather. Will compare results at Bristol Volksfest!

My old house had a shared garage like that and I know what you mean. A proper bits of foam on the walls situation! When ever I had to do any work on it, I had to wheel it out and do it on the drive.

God knows what car they measured garage access for because you can barely get a mini into those garages, and cars aren't getting any smaller!

Indeed! We (read 'I'!) were looking for a garage with a house attached. Unfortunately the new place is like you've mentioned above :(

Got my Porsche seats fitted at last today, really finishes the car off I think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62677[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62681[/ATTACH]

Very nice seats jake, how do they compare to the standard ones?

Looking good bud! How annoying has this on and off rain been?! I've masked up for polishing 3 times this afternoon and everytime it chucks down! Gah.

Thanks guys, they almost feel like the corrado ones just a bit tighter hugging.

I havnt started mine yet, I will be doing it Thursday and Friday possible Saturday as well. But yes it is annoying

Done the first bit of DIY since moving into my new house, which just so happened to be work on the garage. Dont have any power in there unfortunately and because where the entrance to the garage is situated it is very dark round there at night. I bought a solar powered security light just put ay nasty people off.

Also started painting the garage floor to stop the concrete dust getting every where. Spent at least an hour sweeping out all the dust and must of got a least a kg of dust. First coat is down. Will take some pics once the second coat is down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62565[/ATTACH]

Good idea with the paint Jake - may also be worthwhile getting some old carpet down as I'm told its good for absorbing any moisture - and of course it'll give your car that pampered feeling!

Started on y 2 day cleaning fest today. Managed to clean the inside and feed the leather seats. Then started on the out side. Managed to wash it, dry it and clay the whole car before rain stopped play. Will just wash the "clay juices" off tomorrow instead of washing it tonight then again tomorrow.

Also ordered some Poorboys - Black hole today after reading some good reviews for it. :D

Managed to clean the wheels to which came up a right treat with Autoglym wheel cleaner, really good stuff just dont get it in your eye as it burns :bonk: Also polished and waxed them too :D

Next on the list to do tomorrow is couple coats of polish, poor boys - black hole, Sealant, then a couple of coats of Collinite 476 wax, then a couple of coats of a softer turtle wax for depth. Plus cover all the black trim in back to black.

Going to use the polisher on a few deep scratches, would do the whole car but as the paint is so thin not worth the risk :(

Took a whole load of picks on my mate DSLR which I will upload at some point but probably wont be till after the national day.

If only I put this much effort in a school!

Well I spent all day cleaning the car ready for tomorrow and I all i can say is I'm spent!

Started at about 11 and only just finished!

Took loads of pics with my mates camera which I will upload after tomorrows event as I will be taking loads of pics.

Well I started on Thursday with a clean and clay bar also cleaned, polished clay bared and waxed the wheels. Didnt do anything on it yesterday as I was at Twickenham stoop stadium for the Amlin challenge cup final, unfortunatly Toulon lost :(

So I spent all day finishing it off. Started with another wash and dry, then cracked out the machine polisher for the first time, took it steady as I know the paint isnt very think so only used a very fine pad and paste. After that I polished the whole car by hand. After that I gave the car a coat of Poorboys-Black hole, which makes hell of a difference. Then the car was covered in Sealant which I had to leave for an hour to cure. Whilst that was happening I went over all the black trim with back to black and also dressed the tyres. After the hour was up I buffed off the sealant which was then followed by 2 coats of collinite 476 wax and a coat of a softer Turtle wax.

a couple of snap shots from my phone. (much better pics to come)

All ready to polish

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63021[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63025[/ATTACH]

Haha just when I think I've done a decent job of cleaning mine I pop in here and see yours. Looking great. I think there will be some seriously shiny cars there tomorrow.

As above /\/\/\ -thought mine was looking quite shiny until your last post Jake! Good work! 8)

Thanks guys and sorry if its too shiny. I doubt it will still be like that by the time we get there.

Thanks guys and sorry if its too shiny. I doubt it will still be like that by the time we get there.

Too shiny? Mate it looks feckin' sweet - hope the weather holds for ya :)

Thanks again guys. Just a shame it is covered in loads of scratch tho, didnt want to go to heavy on the front as the paint is very thin. Need a front end respray I think.

stunning - maybe we should have a 'show your shines thread' as there are some seriously impressive glosses on here. Good work Swompy ;)

I have finally got myself a decent daily which I picked up today. Went all the way up to Leyland to pick her up and was great trip back in the sun but my one arm is very sunburned so I look like a trucker with one red arm!

was a 3 hour drive home but didnt see a single corrado on the way back :(

The car is a 1.8 mk3 golf estate and is typically my sort of car (if you remember my last golf) :afro:

582487_10150802274586853_516956852_9567379_1445514378_n.jpg

542997_10150802275561853_516956852_9567392_76897811_n.jpg

534337_10150802277741853_516956852_9567436_1102430570_n.jpg

485730_10150802276521853_516956852_9567410_1796329943_n.jpg

Fake grass floor mats :cool:

534383_10150802497456853_1421885173_n.jpg

Niiiice! Love the car mats. It's the Imperial sticker in the back window that's won me over. Star Wars FTW!

I saw you in it going towards Maismore roundabout! Looks great on the road :) I was in a work Focus :(

I saw you in it going towards Maismore roundabout! Looks great on the road :) I was in a work Focus :(

Sweet :D

Thought you would like it Andy :D

All those stickers and they still took the time and trouble to delete the dealers name from the number plates :D

As I have finally uploaded all my pics off the camera here are the ones I took whilst cleaning the car

So started with the inside as you do. Before

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Only pic I took after, doh!

009.jpg

010.jpg

The out side before the first wash

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg