046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Tucked up ready for the long drive the next day

053.jpg

This pic just goes to show how useful the two bucket technique is as the orange bucket is the wash bucket.

052.jpg

Looks really good Jake. Will have to pick your brains on polishing when you're at Volksfest

Thanks guys :)

I used meguiars speed glaze and finishing pad. The lightest cut combo I could use as I know the paint work isnt think so didnt want to take too much off.

And as I was packing the polisher up I noticed it has a speed setting on the very bottom. So I done the whole car on speed setting 1 :bonk: might of had better results if it was on a faster setting. O well next time I will find out.

Sorted out the spacing on the wheels today in between the rain. Now has 5mm on the front and 13mm on the back, to give it a nice staggered looked.

also took this pic of the corrado and the daily.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65281[/ATTACH]

Well I'm convinced this car is determined to push my patience to its limits!

On my way to meet every one before the show whilst on the way something just didnt feel right looked at the wheels whilst driving (using mirrors) to see one of the rear wheels wobbling. so pulled over at a garage luckily just up the road and borrowed their jack. took the wheel of and checked it was on properly. For some reason the spacer just wont sit right on the hub. Not sure why as they were on the front before hand and didnt have any problems at all. so I had to limp my way to Bristol as I couldnt use the wheel with out spacers as the bolts would of gone through the hub and into the abs ring. Will have a proper look tomorrow.

Then whilst at the show I managed to lock my keys in the car :bonk: Managed to get back in tho but is scary how easy it was.

And to top it all off I had a flat battery this morning and took several attempts to jump start it.

What ever next?

What ever next?

Hopefully the smooth and enjoyable running of your car for a while Jake :)

Great bbq though cheers for sorting that out, nice to meet Estee too :)

Had a look at why my rear wheels were not sitting right with the spacers on and it turns out the center bore on the spacers isnt big enough to go over the hub properly. Any one able to shave it off? would do it myself but as its on the wheels I want it to be done properly.

Also took some pics of the Corrado and the Wagon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66797[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66801[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66805[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66809[/ATTACH]

Had the corrado rolling roaded today. with mixed results.

BHP was only 199 at the flywheel which I'm very disappointed about. After chatting to the guys there they seam to think the hot air from the rad isnt helping and the manifold too. As it has the top part is from the 24v engine and the bottom part of the manifold is the standard VR6 system. Might need to sort that out!

But Torque was a 219 lbft and a very nice curve to it.

Blue = Torque

Orange = bhp

The numbers on the left are at the wheel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67593[/ATTACH]

Im pretty gutted by the bhp tbh, might have to get it on some different rollers to see if it gives a similar result.

I defo need to get the induction sorted. I have a bmc to put on but not sure if I want to or not as I think it might restrict the engine and make me loose more power. ( a skyline today did a before and after with a similar kit and lost 30bhp with it fitted!!!!!) I have some pipping I can use for a cold air feed but think I need to do a bit more than cold air ducting.

Any suggestions?

pic to give you an idea of the space I have to play with

081.jpg

Could you move the battery then shield the area off from the radiator to give you space for some cooler air to be sucked in.

I was wondering when you were going on The rolling road love to know what mine is putting out or isn't.

It was in Gloucester Baz. Forgot to say I got my cloths, thanks for that :D

I want to move the battery but dont know how much work is involved.

I'd certainly be looking at getting more cold air to the filter, can you duct some in from the bumper??

As for battery relocation, it's not hard to do is there anything else fitted to the battery box to stop you moving it??

I have supplied a few kits for French cars and on e38 for doing it, new power cables, earth cables and a junction box.

Then need a battery box for the boot to secure the battery in

that tourque is great! have you had it mapped yet? bhp on these with a map is usually only 220ish so if yours isnt mapped its not too bad ,i have moved my battery to the boot and was very easy to do,do that then cold air feed ,not long now before my dbp 24v will be on the road...

I'd certainly be looking at getting more cold air to the filter, can you duct some in from the bumper??

As for battery relocation, it's not hard to do is there anything else fitted to the battery box to stop you moving it??

I have supplied a few kits for French cars and on e38 for doing it, new power cables, earth cables and a junction box.

Then need a battery box for the boot to secure the battery in

I am looking into getting more air to it, my friend is giving me some ducting pipping. Only problem is the rad is right in the way as well as the battery. Only place I could get decent air flow is if I stick the ducting under the rad but then its pretty much on the floor then. So the best option is to move the battery either to the other side of the engine bay or the boot.

I had a power lead for my sub attached to the battery and thats it apart from the usual stuff

How much are the kits?

that tourque is great! have you had it mapped yet? bhp on these with a map is usually only 220ish so if yours isnt mapped its not too bad ,i have moved my battery to the boot and was very easy to do,do that then cold air feed ,not long now before my dbp 24v will be on the road...

I am really chufft with the torque graph nice and steady curve. Every one there was surprised at how quick the torque came in and how well the engine held the power.

It does have a map on it but cant remember what one, but I think it only changed the throttle response and not much els. They guys there said it was running rich too. :scratch:

I just cant work out why its made less bhp when it has de-catted exhaust system, map (of some sort) and the induction cone.

I'm starting to think the map might be the culprit now!

Price on the kit depends in what parts you want, battery cables, earth cables , junction box etc for a full set up your looking around £60

Im not that clued up on the car, the lower lights can you remove the inner passenger one and get a duct in there to scoop air up to the filter??

Once the battery is removed of course

once the battery is moved I'm sure there is space to get ducting there.

Even if I have something like this once the battery has been moved I think it would make a big difference

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-mk4-A3-Air-intake-heat-shield-open-cone-shield-cupra-/130720488964?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6f8c5e04

Yes that could help, or something along those lines

BUT

I'd be looking at something made from plastic and then covered in that silver heat protection stuff to reduce the temps

I prefer to use a standerd air box with a panel filter,y 406 v6 is running circa 220bhp with just a free flow exhaust and panel filter , now has a few more mods

Cold air feed from front bumper,

custom ground earthing kit

Ptfe gasket on throttle body and inlet manifold

Tb has being opened up and the majority of the step to the butterfly removed

Tb and inlet manifolds all port matched

Car certainly feels quicker , need to get it on the rollers and hope to see around the 230bhp mark

Well after much thought and deliberation I have decided to sell the corrado. I am paying 2 lots of insurance but only using one car. I'm lucky if I get to take this out more than Once a week. Its costing me money just to sit in my garage. I cant afford to run it a a daily either so that isnt an option.

I love driving it but the enthusiasm for it isnt there any more plus I think its just time.

I need something more economical to save me some money, so looking at getting a tdi of some description. either that or use the money from the corrado to make the golf a but of a economical monster!

Will be strange not having a corrado when it sells but no doubt I will get another one in the future

seems like such a shame to sell when things are going well, but i understand recent house move etc can put strain on..

no doubt everyone will be telling you you're crazy to get rid of it, but i doubt you'd be doing it unless its the right thing for you.

sell both, buy a standard rado as a daily.. its the way forward!

A sad day Jake but probably the right decision in the circumstances. I know you've invested a lot in this car ( not just cash) so I'm sure its a wrench to let it go but you're young and will have other opportunities to drive Corrados in the future. You can buy mine in 1o years time!