Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

Well this morning she was left in the capable hands of Graham. Cant wait to get her back.

Also Graham chucked me a curve ball and asked if I want a gear box with low ration finial drive and a Diff!!!!!

Yes or no???????? :shrug:

Depends how much... is it a G60 FD? If it's a reasonable price, do it! Will defo be doing this at some stage 8)

looking good so far , oooooh when is she ready ? bet you cant wait !. my seats will be out soon for a repaint so will get picks of the runners for you , unless you are sorted now . regards rob

Edited by robrado974

Cheers dude, will be at least 2 weeks now.

Ahh nice one still haven't got round to looking into mine yet

good price for the engine? I'm looking for one just in case...

Look forward to seeing the changes, i'm sure you'll enjoy the end result

Would V5 gearboxes out of MK4 golfs be good for this swap? Or a swap into a standard VR6?

Not sure budy but it will be going onto the standard VR6 gear box.

Engine was about £750

Not sure budy but it will be going onto the standard VR6 gear box.

Engine was about £750

There's a thread elsewhere complaining about the low prices of 4mo running gear, I've got a 10V and a 20V gearbox from V5s - the gear change is much better / shorter and a 24V head complete.

The 20V V5s and 4mos suffer with cam / crank timing correlation problems indicating chain stretch, but replacing chains is not always the fix, they need the best oil and regular changes IMO to keep the VVT gear clean.

Anyone got any 1/4 mile comparisons with standard VR6 and 4mo engined Corrados?

Well this car just doesn't stop chucking up surprises!

Went up to DG this afternoon to start stripping bits off of the old engine as its out the car now. And after taking off the chain covers me and Graham made the discovery that its a 2.8 engine out of a golf :scratch:

So either the monkeys at VW made a mistake when putting the engine in or it has had an engine change before, even more so how it got 192 bhp on a rolling road when it was fooked is beyond me as a 2.8 should be 175bhp :shrug:

Hopefully when I get her back from DG there wont be any more surprises

strange one that mate .Whats the plan now ?.Still have not got the seats out to give you a pic of runners yet . regards rob

Its still having the 24v put in just stripping the old one for parts so watch the sale threads for bits.

Not to worries mate

was it obd2, Jake? They can put out 190+ bhp comfortably. If it is, then i'll have those bits off you too when you come to part things out!

OBD1 H..

Jake, I don't even know what to say man, that's fricking strange...

So the car had a blown 2.8 obd1 lump and made 190 bhp? Either those DG rollers are over optimistic or that engine had something or another done to it?

Jake had it RR'd somewhere else- DG don't have rollers... yet ;)

Was it obd1 then? Not unheard of for them to make good figures, but a little surprising considering the state of the engine. I guess it was nicely run in :lol:

was it obd2, Jake? They can put out 190+ bhp comfortably. If it is, then i'll have those bits off you too when you come to part things out!

I dont think so mate but will have a look next time Im up there, only managed to get a few of the components off

OBD1 H..

Jake, I don't even know what to say man, that's fricking strange...

So the car had a blown 2.8 obd1 lump and made 190 bhp? Either those DG rollers are over optimistic or that engine had something or another done to it?

YA well Graham couldnt tell untill I asked him to look at the chains as I didnt think they looked right. It was done on different rollers but ya they could have been optimistic or it had some other hidden mods, so going to check if it has anything hidden in the head next time I go up there.

Jake had it RR'd somewhere else- DG don't have rollers... yet ;)

Was it obd1 then? Not unheard of for them to make good figures, but a little surprising considering the state of the engine. I guess it was nicely run in :lol:

Really dont know will be checking it out tho. haha I know it was FUBAR:lol:

Is there a part number for the manifold I could check as I have that with me

Thanks Jim

I can confirm its ODB1

Throttle body looks like this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48418[/ATTACH]

Not really up on the differences, but looks like an obd2 block with the obd1 manifold/throttle body/management.