Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

"New, inescapable speed cameras"

And once again, us Brits roll over and accept it...

A lot of folk in other countries would never stand for it. I bet the French would go on strike if this happened over there, and the Yanks would just use them as target practice :)

This country is riddled with cameras, I've driven in Europe many times (..where the roads are better, but thats another matter) and on returning to the UK, the first thing you notice is how many bloody cameras there are.

Time for a revolution I reckon

Your better off speeding/car testing on B-roads these days, not worth risking it on the large open 3 lane roads with no pedestrians, central barriers stopping oncoming traffic and clear views of the road ahead.

deffo keeping to the B-roads

... not worth risking it on the large open 3 lane roads with no pedestrians, central barriers stopping oncoming traffic and clear views of the road ahead

Lol, yeh, sound like it! I'm glad I live up in Scotland where it can take some times for things like to reach us!

Your better off speeding/car testing on B-roads these days, not worth risking it on the large open 3 lane roads with no pedestrians, central barriers stopping oncoming traffic and clear views of the road ahead.

deffo keeping to the B-roads

:lol:

don't tell them here...........no wait, we only have speed cameras in Lisbon

sweet, but what a bloomin liberty

Big brother is f###### you over

i wonder how much they cost us - the taxpayer/motorist

imagine how much more s**t this country would be in if we all drove elec cars and kept to speed limits.

Then again they would probably just hike price of elec up

W - anchors

time for flippy round no plates. Proper Bond stylie

Apparently these traffic camera can also take photos of people on mobile phones, i've been told.

Apparently these traffic camera can also take photos of people on mobile phones, i've been told.

How does it know when you're on a mobile? :lol: or does it just take a pic of everyone???

I still believe speed doesn't kill, bad driving kills. If they wanted to save lives they would invent a camera that detects inadequate stopping distances - A car travelling at 150mph with nothing in front of it for 1000 yards isn't going to kill anyone, but a Nissan Micra driven at 50 mph 10 feet behind another car travelling at the same speed is a death trap.

I also belive that the rise of "middle laneing", and the associated lack of stopping distance, on motorways is directly related to speed cameras - everyone seems to drive at 71 mph in the middle lane in one huge convoy now due to the fear of being caught speeding, rather than driving in an advanced and considerate way.

How does it know when you're on a mobile? :lol: or does it just take a pic of everyone???

Lots of photos of people scratching there cheek :lol:

And once again, us Brits roll over and accept it...

A lot of folk in other countries would never stand for it. I bet the French would go on strike if this happened over there, and the Yanks would just use them as target practice :)

This country is riddled with cameras, I've driven in Europe many times (..where the roads are better, but thats another matter) and on returning to the UK, the first thing you notice is how many bloody cameras there are.

Time for a revolution I reckon

And I who though it was only us norwegians that rolled over accepting things like this......:)

They are on the hunt for out money - and nothing will stop em from taking them..............."accident prevention" my ass!