Sign in to follow this  
Hans G60.nl

variable interminant wipers mod.... costs about 5 euro

Hey i've been to the scrapyard yesterday and bought me a variable interminant wiper system.

it's simple, you remove relais no. 19 from the fusebox, put in a relais no. 99

now you have a variable interminant on every corrado !

at the scrapyard i payed 5 euro for the relais, at the vag conern it costs about 40 euro.

to be fair on Hans........its more than likely a UK market feature :wink: :wink: .............and more like a Scottish-market feature going by the amount of rain we have :roll: :-P :-P :-P :-P

hmmm in the netherlands allmost no one had the variable interval... so i tought i'd put it in...

can anyone scan the page from the owners manual about the wiper - lever ??

mine doesnt seem to have them, the relays can be swapped with different ones during the cars lifespan tho.

AFAIK all Corrado's from 94 and more than likely from 92M/Y had them..........its in the owners manual :wink: ...........its probably the pre-92 models that don't have them from the factory

Think it may have been an option though 'cos my old H plate (1990) 16V had them.... Scared the hell outta me when I first realised, I thought that I'd broken the motor turning it on and off too much! :oops: :lol:

What about the REAR wiper ?

When I press my wiper lever forward, the rear wiper comes on intermittent by default.

To stop it, you would think to press it forwards again ... but then it goes on again !

Only way I've figured out to get it to STOP, it to press the lever forward while in mid-swipe.

Is this correct :?:

i always thought it was a standard feature but people don't realisebecause of the unusual way it works. Ive had a LHD 16v and 2 vrs and they've all had it

my K plate VR6 has the variable timing thang :)

its a good idea :)

can't remove the rear wiper as I use it too often

sounds like your car suffers from premature ejaculation or impotency kev :mrgreen:

FBLOL!! :lol:

It happens when you get old, LOL!

K

so how do you alter the time delay? I suspected mine had it, because it doesn't always seem tohave the same delay.

When you're driving along in the old rain.....push wiper stalk down to intermittant, then up again, then down again....then up again after the delay you want the wipers to operate at. A nice dial would have been better but VW like doing things the cheap and/or weird way!

The wipers will stay at that interval until the engine is stopped, and then reverts back to the default setting. Or until you change the delay again.

quite right kev ;)

I think a dial would be annoying tbh, I like it how it is :)

nope my 91 g60 dosen`t have the variable intermittent wiper weird that considering my 87 golf did. So which relay? do I need to change? 19 with 99?

tom

on a slightly different note, but still talking about the rear wiper.... does anyone else in here think that the push for on and push for off is a little annoying? If you just want to do one wipe, you have to press it twice. it doesnt make a great deal of sense really. Whereas the front wipers have that nice "lift it slightly" for just one wipe feature!

ehmmm i think you put it up 1 time too much kev

turn on and directly back off.... then when you want the interval, you turn it back on... then it keeps that timing in memory..

anyway you can see in your relais box / fuse box if you have intermant wipers... relais number 99 must be in if you have it.

so if i got a No.99 relay, and fitted it instead of No.19, in my 1990 16v, would the wipers work variably? that would be handy! :)