VAG-hag

Tps

I have used the scottishvag account a quite a few times at TPS, thing is though they wanted to see the club card......maybe this is one for the CCGB?

You would need to be a member of the CCGB if they were going to do something on other people's behalves though. OTOH i suspect the business the club would generate wouldnt justify much of an effort on TPS's behalf though (although they're chicken and egg arguments in a way).

I've bought as an individual from TPS in the past as they didnt seem bothered about me trying to register in the name of a corrado club. I think different branches have different levels of fussiness over who they'll sell to, but just go in and tell them what you're after would be my suggestion? I dont think actual membership gets you anything apart from account buying etc.

Your right about the fussiness of the branches.........scottishvag has a account which can be used at the Glasgow north branch but not at the Glasgow south branch? They said the account didn't exist, but it existed 20mins drive later lol

Yeah a tricky one as having an account would be a nightmare to run nationally.

I go in person to my local one in Dronfield near Sheffield and they seem to be happy to supply me, it just means i go and collect which i dont mind anyway.

Am sure most branches would supply too if you didn't want it delivering.

I know a few on here do the same, Supercharged and co etc.

They can only say no if you ask them i guess.....

Edited by KIPVW

TPS slough insisted on having a company purchase order to buy at trade prices. My local VW dealer gives me up to about 10%, though i assume the tps prices would be still cheaper?

whats the deal with TPS... I know you can buy general service items from them.. but can you get other bits and pieces that VW would have to order or get from there main warehouse.

TPS can supply anything a main dealer can. Trade members can get some items are at 'parts club' discount - this is generally service items and common wearables - disks & pads etc.. These can be around 40% off main dealer.

Trim pieces etc are generally only 5-15%.

Yeah a tricky one as having an account would be a nightmare to run nationally.

I go in person to my local one in Dronfield near Sheffield and they seem to be happy to supply me, it just means i go and collect which i dont mind anyway.

Am sure most branches would supply too if you didn't want it delivering.

I know a few on here do the same, Supercharged and co etc.

They can only say no if you ask them i guess.....

Deffo need to try the one in Dronfield next time I need dealer bits then!

My Local one has some pretty sweet guys who are happy to serve me & some pretty square types who will not budge. The idea here was to avoid wasted trips......

Is it bad that my local TPS and me are now on first name basis? An example of a normal phone call:

TPS "TPS peterborough Andy speaking"

Me "Andy its Jon, Somethings broken"

TPS "Right cash or account?"

Me "cash"

TPS "just let me get confortable"

Me "right i need..........."

ETC