MarkCorrado

Bump Strips

I just took my bump strips off this weekend after reading a few different posts about the removal i used boiling hot water straight out of the kettle which worked really well! But now i have the problem of all the sticky residue left on the car. I tried using hot water and a old bank card so not to scratch the paint and some brake disc cleaner but there is still a thin layer left!

Any other ideas would be a great help.

Thanks

Be careful, I pulled my off today (along with all the paint.. They are back on now until the respray :)

Brasso. Wonderful stuff. Put a layer on, give it a minute and then polish off.

What work wonder is using white sprit they use to clean brushes. Soak some of the white sprit on the cloth and apply it to the adesive left behind, make sure gets through leave it for 10 minutes and just rub it down with the same cloth dont worry it doesnt effect the paint and no scratches!!

Thanks everyone for all the advise. I have got all the residue off now by using a heavy duty bug and tar remover which a friend use's in a body shop. It works really well after a quick rub with a rag soaked in it, it just peeled of real easy! I can find out the name of it if anyone needs some.

Edited by MarkCorrado