mimjed

street racing

done track days before, live 5 mins from mallory park. there ok but id rather drive something different if i have to pay for it. single seaters were a good laugh.

sadly the paint is fooked on my car so its not pretty from the outside! so not overly fussed about photos of it. i put my phone on a stand on the dash and record from that though ;)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I did get a taste of my own medicine once though. An old unassuming looking 911, mid 80s era (964?) complete with whale tail. He pulled over on the motorway to let me over take, then immediately pulled out again and latched onto my bumper as soon as I passed, which is a definite "Come on then, let's see what you've got" move. Perhaps a little unfair picking on an old VW with only 190hp (or so he assumed) but none the less, I floored it. Not quite an arse handing, but I couldn't shake it off at all!! I bet he was surprised he couldn't get past a standard looking Corrado though :lol:

Same thing happened with a Focus ST as well, so I'm a little more wary of what I try it on with these days :lol:

Yeah, I'd consider myself and the car to be doing very well indeed to keep up with an Elise cross country. They may not be that quick in a straightline but they are on B roads!

lol every dog has its day as the saying goes.

cheers kev, its always good to know that old girl is still doing well!

had a little blast with a fabia vrs on the way home, quicker than i though tbh. but still didnt cut the mustard, next.....

Just on the way home tonight and passed a black Clio sport. Got to the next set of lights which turned green before we got to it. He revved it a bit and pulled up beside me. Got to the straight dual carriageway and i floored it. He was right behind me, very nippy little cars. 197bhp i believe from a 2 litre 16v.... BUT how much do they weigh?

yeah they dont go to bad at all for the first year off there life, then they turn to dog ****.

the g is fairly well matched with them too.

theres one in leics that pulled my pants down number plate was r187 cup i think. apparently hes spent about £25k in total on the car. really wasnt expecting it :(

Just live your life a quarter mile at a time guys :shades:

The last couple of plays I've had were both diesels:camp: But seriously they were hard work for my little standard motor!!! A Scirocco TDi from a standing start onto a dual carriageway took until about 80 to overtake and an Audi A4 2.0 TDi having fun along dual carriageways and off roundabouts. Had him no worries from a roundabout but he shot away at high speed on the straights (didn't want to go that fast!).

Stay safe playing folks :lcop::splat:

yeah they dont go to bad at all for the first year off there life, then they turn to dog ****.

you mean the engines arent strong or something? i cant instantly think of a reason why performance should drop off after a relatively short period of time. do you know people that have had them who've had problems etc?

Yep, a lad i know bought one from new.

It was quick to start with, but the barn door was def open. Horses flying out everywhere.

Was so slow when he sold it, lost value like nothing too.

Its asking alot of a relativly small engine and the french arent really on top of the game in terms of build quality.

Cant be much over a tonne. Google clio sport specification, should come up.

you have to play sometimes:p.could not shake an 06 bmw m5 down an empty bypass.expected it to rip by-but it did not:scratch:.don't u just love charged vr6's!:smug:

you have to play sometimes:p.could not shake an 06 bmw m5 down an empty bypass.expected it to rip by-but it did not:scratch:.don't u just love charged vr6's!:smug:

:D

At end of the day how ever much people may thrape it a bit and want the thrill of speed, it is illegal and very dangerous and I can't really see why this thread is still active. I rolled my car when I was younger speeding, i was lucky to walk away, you may not!

i was half expecting it to get locked, but it is afterall why we drive cars with fast engines. and a bloody nice car at that ;)

im not encouraging people to speed, drive within your comfort zone/capabilities.

as long as cars go fast, some people that drive them will to.

only my 2p though.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

you shouldn't need a pass ;) lol. dunno not been down in a while, 9ish maybe. I'll speak to the Melton boys

it will be parked from the 28th of this month so no need to meet me on the tuesday. bad times. one week left of supercharged fun :(

Yep, a lad i know bought one from new.

It was quick to start with, but the barn door was def open. Horses flying out everywhere.

Was so slow when he sold it, lost value like nothing too.

Its asking alot of a relativly small engine and the french arent really on top of the game in terms of build quality.

I used to know a chap with a Clio Cup 182 and it was brisk when new, but it did seem to lose it's vigour as the miles piled on.

Interesting the RenaultSport came up in discussion. A month or so ago I was following a new shape one (with the rear splitter etc) down the B road I use every day into work. He was doing 65-70, not tanking it, but not doing 35-40 like everyone else does on that road. We both overtook some pensioner and then we get to this hairpin right hander and the guy floors it! :lol: Tyres screeching like mad his car remained flat and in control. Nice. So I duly did the same thing and was surprised it mirrored the clio exactly, although with much less squealing :D

Considering that Clio has specially made michelins or contis or something, specially made Sachs dampers and is a car the motoring press constantly bang on about for it's handling, I was very chuffed my old timer was able to match it, and it was on cheap Khumos :lol:

I know there is always an air of bullschitt with these stories, but we both 100% gave it 10/10ths round that corner. I know the road well, so knew what to expect but I never gave it full beans round there before and that's why I don't do track days. The road is far more unpredictable and exciting imo. Tracks just don't interest me at all.

but you don't know do you :lol:

just messing!!!! ;)

Don't know what? That he was giving it the biggun? The shrieks of protest from his tyres told me everything I needed to know ;)

Lol good man kev. Agree they dont lack on handling, the hot megane thing isnt too shabby in the bends either.

Had a wee drag with a 60 plate golf tsi today.

They seemed fairly well matched, but hard to be certain as i wasnt expecting the middle age woman to gun it from the lights, nor was i expecting her to cut across my bonnet into my lane when we hit 45 mph. Muppet.

Will be on the hunt for another one this week!

All the lads went for a blast around leicester last night but I had biking commitments so couldn't make it, plus my G60 still isn't ready. Next couple of weeks though definitely....

Lol good man kev. Agree they dont lack on handling, the hot megane thing isnt too shabby in the bends either.

Had a wee drag with a 60 plate golf tsi today.

They seemed fairly well matched, but hard to be certain as i wasnt expecting the middle age woman to gun it from the lights, nor was i expecting her to cut across my bonnet into my lane when we hit 45 mph. Muppet.

Will be on the hunt for another one this week!

The TSI engine is all bottom end. A bit better than the 1.8T for top end, but not a lot. Still uses the same weeny turbo :lol:

I bet she assumed she had wasted you off the lights and wasn't expecting you to be there when she pulled over! :D Happens a lot to me as well. Some people tend to look down the end of their nose at an old car and just assume it's slow, then get a little surprise when their attempt to lane cut by flooring it doesn't quite go to plan :lol:

Your guys stories of people in supposedly faster cars not actually being much faster, is one of the reasons I love the Corrado, only one of the many reasons!!

The TSI engine is all bottom end. A bit better than the 1.8T for top end, but not a lot. Still uses the same weeny turbo :lol:

I bet she assumed she had wasted you off the lights and wasn't expecting you to be there when she pulled over! :D Happens a lot to me as well. Some people tend to look down the end of their nose at an old car and just assume it's slow, then get a little surprise when their attempt to lane cut by flooring it doesn't quite go to plan :lol:

Same thing happened to me at a set of lights with a lass and her mates in a mini, thing it was a cooper S. She could have pulled behind me but instead decided to go in the lane next to me with the idea to cut in front. She got a shock when i planted it and stayed in front. Though she did let it be known how annoyed she was :lol:

Same thing happened to me at a set of lights with a lass and her mates in a mini, thing it was a cooper S. She could have pulled behind me but instead decided to go in the lane next to me with the idea to cut in front. She got a shock when i planted it and stayed in front. Though she did let it be known how annoyed she was :lol:

To be fair on such occasions you're probably in the right with her in the wrong

sometimes as i leave my house some of the neighbours kids are playing in the street and they all line up on the pavement, then as i drive off, some of them try to race me, some on foot, some on bmx.

i usually win, but the oldest (11yr old) sometimes gets a better launch

Edited by Jim Bowen
i missed an "s" in my sentence, on the ends of kid, so have now put it right.

Though she did let it be known how annoyed she was :lol:

Ha, ha, couldn't handle the humiliation and a typical response these days. They're in the wrong but still make out it's your fault.

Shock News!!!!!!!! 11 year old outaccelerates Corrado. Reminds me of the ancient Skoda claim that the Estelle could out accelerate Concorde. It was true, but only for the first foot or so.

Ha, ha, couldn't handle the humiliation and a typical response these days. They're in the wrong but still make out it's your fault.

Isn't that something ALL women do?! lol