fendervg

Boot carpet for full size spare

Does anyone have one of these ? I'm looking for a grey one in good condition, or black might do in a pinch. VAG seem to want about 250 for one !

Reason is the 288 conversion, so need to carry a spare speedline, as I don't want to be swapping rears to front if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Christ, i never thought of that! If i blow a front i have to swap it with a rear and put the crappy space saver on the back.

We have a grey boot carpet, will dig it out for you mate, was in very good condition in the car. Has the raised wheel section in it, don't they all have that in? Thinking about it, our car had a spacesaver in. Would a carpet for a full size spare have a bigger hump in it then?

Say £20 and you sort a courior out to Ireland? (If its any good to you that is)

@8vMatt: sounds good to me - yeah the family album lists two part numbers for the carpet, one for spacesaver, one without. Just checked mine and it's totally flat so yours must be the right one. Let me check into shipping and I'll be in touch. Thanks for letting me know.

@pumbaa: lol - I've had a few nasty moments where I've passed someone with a puncture and had to think exactly what I'd have to go through if it was on the front... not to mention having to explain it to the nice AA man if they had to become involved as well. I've had a few cars with over tightened wheel nuts in the past, and now always undo them and tighten to the correct torque myself.

Methinks i might be sticking a full size in the boot then! Although i have a humped carpet and a spasesaver? Maybe the previous owner changed the full size for the dinky wheel?? It looks like it could possibly squeeze a slightly bigger wheel under it.

Hi all - unholy thread resurrection, but I've just got my spare Speedline refurbished - does anyone have a full size spare boot carpet top cover in grey?

It was the later cars that got a space saver, so worth trawling the breakers for early cars on here and PM'ing the OPs to see if they still have one mate.

Ok - VW Classic may have one for €135 - I've asked them the question - might be worth it new with the free shipping on orders over €100. If I go for one off a breaker in the UK, it will need to be shipped to Ireland and that could work out expensive.