Kevin Bacon

MK5 R32 exhaust manifolds

cant help with the manifolds, but what have you got planned.....?

Nothing spectacular, just finally putting the 24V in. Normally aspirated for now + Schimmel cams. Aiming for 100hp / litre and then I'll add a turbo in due course.

I thought (and that's not a very knowledgeable thought) TT3.2 tubular ones were the ones to go for? Or are mk5's the same?

Yes please, if they're the same angle as the MK5 ones? Basically, 2.8 24V and MK4 R32 Manis point down, but the MK5 manis cant over at an angle like the 12V manis, meaning 12V downpipes can be used :)

Have you got a pic of the manis please mate? Ta

How come Kev.. something happen to the 12v? Or just wanting to try something new?

I've got a pair of Audi 3.2 exh manifolds that I was going to sell to the scrap man. Want pics or even want to give them a try?

i have a pair sat in the garage if the tt ones are not correct.

Cool, thanks. It was MK5 ones I was after specifically. Have you got a pic, just to confirm? Cheers

How come Kev.. something happen to the 12v? Or just wanting to try something new?

I had some unexplained detonation issues, so I took the 12V out and sold it on before it got destroyed completely and still had some value left in it!

Back to life in the slow lane for me!

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I've got a pair of Audi 3.2 exh manifolds that I was going to sell to the scrap man. Want pics or even want to give them a try?

Wow, you wait for a pair of R32 manis to come along and then you get 3 sets at once :lol: Yeah pics of these manis would be great, cheers!

Sorry to hear that.. I bet the Corrado is going to feel ridiculously slow in comparison now! :(

It's all relative mate. I've been tooling around in my Brother's Pug 406 HDi estate for a while (handy for dumping garden rubbish!), which isn't that sluggish if kept in boost. Prior to that, I was using the missus's Polo 1.8T which really did feel slow as hell after the VRT, but driving the Polo again after the Peugeot, it's like the same difference between the Polo and VRT used to be! I.e. The Polo is a rocket ship.

So I'm hoping being turboless wil recalibrate my sense of speed back to 'normal' levels again and therefore a ~200hp Corrado will feel fast.....hmmm....well that's the theory anyway!

3.2 is 250hp so its not that bad

anyway as requested...

th_DSC_3891.jpg

th_DSC_3890.jpg

I also have a mk4 downpipe from manifold to cat converters

anyway as requested...

th_DSC_3891.jpg

th_DSC_3890.jpg

I also have a mk4 downpipe from manifold to cat converters

Hmmm, I've seen something like those used before.... but where?.....

? mic?

Have I took pics of the vr manifolds by mistake?? Off to double check

Edited by quicky1980

Think you have mate.

The mk5 ones are what DG used on my 24v install, with a bit of modding to the standard VR downpipe. Works a treat.

Edit - should have flat edges on the faces that meet the head I think?

Edited by mic_VR

damn, looks like Ive taken pics of the vr6 exhaust manifolds. Will find out the audi ones tomorrow if thats ok Kev. Sorry about that

It's more the torque defecit than the power when going back to N/A motor.

DSC04451.jpg

DSC04450.jpg

This is what Graham did on mine in the end. Sorry for the rubbish pics.

Oh no, not another one of these threads. Just when my car is purring, i really shouldnt have looked here....any good low mileage 24v engines available??? ;)

Cool!!! Another Haywire build thread! This will be good, I'll have to pop round Kev and see how it's coming together some time soon.

Mark

It's just bits of engine all over the garage and an empty car at the moment mate, but sure, you're more than welcome to pop round :)

Indeed - can't wait to see how this all comes together! :)