Swompy

Insurance recommendations ( for young drivers )

So my insurance is due in the next week or so and I cant find anything on the forum recommending the best insurers out there.

I know there is Adrian flux, Chris Knott and HIC but are there any other companies out there that are worth looking at.

Bearing in mind I've just turned 22 and drive a VR6 so will have to be young driver and modification friendly

Cheers

give performance direct a bell , i know im older than you but they have always been way cheaper than the rest . regards rob

Admiral are always pretty competative, and are one of only a handful of companies not to put their premiums up this year by 25%.

Admiral are always pretty competative, and are one of only a handful of companies not to put their premiums up this year by 25%.

I'm with them as well (I'm 21) and they are always cheapest so far or matched quotes.

Cheers guys I will give the others a try tomorrow and see what I get

I'm with them as well (I'm 21) and they are always cheapest so far or matched quotes.

Exactly the same here. My renewal stayed the same but still £400 cheaper than anywhere else!

Admiral wouldnt touch me as my car is lowered by more than 5cm so ive gone with HIC. Performance direct were £400 more expensive than HIC and brentacre £300 more expensive.

Yup, Admiral. I was with Chris Knott for the last 2 years until I renewed a few days ago, and Admiral were £150 odd cheaper than my renewal quote with CN. As Cazza said, Admiral are one of few (Elephant and Bell as well as they are all part of the same group) who havent put premiums up by 25%. In fact they are apparently loss leading just to win business, so chances are you will get the best price from one of them.

Ive been with HIC and there underwriters for a few years, Ive not had better quotes anywhere else. FACT LOL Im just paying £350

Ive been with HIC and there underwriters for a few years, Ive not had better quotes anywhere else. FACT LOL Im just paying £350

hi, do you mind me asking how old you are , no claims bonas n that .was quoted way more than performance direct by them , im paying 279.00 at the mo . at 41 i dont expect to pay that much .

Im 26 with 3 years no claims. no points, 1 accident my fault bout 5 years ago. classic cover fully comp limited mileage 5000miles

ive found it depends on your job a lot.1 company wouldnt insure me as i am a white van man for the motortrade.cant see why that makes a diff.its not like i deliver parts in the car

definitely. Mine went down loads after I told them I worked in a call centre and not a tesco van driver anymore

Im 26 with 3 years no claims. no points, 1 accident my fault bout 5 years ago. classic cover fully comp limited mileage 5000miles

wtf? .i have full no claims on me van . proberbly makes no difference though, but even so i have a classic policy fully comp , mileage of 1500. the lowest i got as said was 279.00 . they quoted me 550.00! im 41 so alot older than you , they must make it up as they go along !. i dont have any points ,convictions nothing .

a little off topic I know but Hello Queen V just noticed you were from the port

ive found it depends on your job a lot.1 company wouldnt insure me as i am a white van man for the motortrade.cant see why that makes a diff.its not like i deliver parts in the car

It's all down to risk, if you drive a van for a living, ie deliver parts etc then it's a higher risk that one day your van might break down and you use your car etc, silly I know but insurance is all about the risk and companies can afford to pick and choose these days who they want as a customer! look in the insurance contacts thread, I posted in thereast week as my renewal is due Friday

I wish my insurance was as low as everyone elses :( Im 22, driving 5yrs, 1yrs ncb, 1 vandalism claim, live in a low risk area, park in a garage at home and secure works car park, work in an insurance call centre, 6000miles a year and im paying £1050 TPFT mods declared (exhaust and coilovers)!!!

didnt know admiral did modified cars.

brentacre have always been good to me and try hard to price match, but they allow any modification and wont put the price up for it. you can set bhp limits aswell if you want to start on the engine.

Having read Kempy's post (and I'm glad I did) I thought i'd call HIC just to check their prices, even though I only just took out a policy with Admiral. Admiral saved me £150 odd on my renewal with Chris Knott..HIC knocked another £100 off that price, plus £100 less on the excess, with all mods declared

A little frustrating as I then had to pay the £22.50 charge to Admiral to cancel the policy I just took out, but HIC was a much better deal, not only financially but in terms of unlimited mods (excluding performance enhancing) and TPFT cover on any other vehicle, better stereo cover etc etc and therefore worth the fuss.

I'd give them a call!!

Having read Kempy's post (and I'm glad I did) I thought i'd call HIC just to check their prices, even though I only just took out a policy with Admiral. Admiral saved me £150 odd on my renewal with Chris Knott..HIC knocked another £100 off that price, plus £100 less on the excess, with all mods declared

A little frustrating as I then had to pay the £22.50 charge to Admiral to cancel the policy I just took out, but HIC was a much better deal, not only financially but in terms of unlimited mods (excluding performance enhancing) and TPFT cover on any other vehicle, better stereo cover etc etc and therefore worth the fuss.

I'd give them a call!!

I will be giving them a cal for sure now