sprinterVR6

'All new Corrado' rumour#362...(yawn)

I registered and I still can't view the fecker...?!

Any chance you can re-upload the image somewhere else?

I must admit out of all the other "new" corrado rumors that one is the best looking

Not the VAG VW coporate image = amateur sketch. :lol:

Sad isnt it that we know its not the real thing because it doesn't look like all the other cars in its range...:|

i thought VW gave up trying to make sports cars after the 1st corrado, can't see them wanting to relive the nightmare :lol:

i thought VW gave up trying to make sports cars after the 1st corrado, can't see them wanting to relive the nightmare :lol:

What is the new scirroco R then?

i really hope they dont make a new one but thats just me!

saying that with the new scirroco out theres an opening for it!

What is the new scirroco R then?

A fat arse hatchback with a lot of power?

A new version of the Corrado is unlikely. Audi have their TT and VW have their Scirocco. Where is the Corrado mk2 going to fit?

The Corrado is a 2+2 sports coupe... That happens to be a hatchback :scratch: Where-as the TT, all though it has 4 seats is more of a 2 seater along the lines of the Z3/4, SLK mould. The 'Rocco Mk3 is a hot hatch...

But the Audi coupe concept that is doing the rounds is defo not a Z-car/SLK/TT type, and it looks more coupe like so not a hatch either:

(I'd buy one..)

2011-audi-quattro-coupe-concept-side-view.jpg

Vs.

VW_Corrado_16V_Kreini_16V.jpg

...and story (concept) with more pics HERE

MJCP

Edited by mjcp

A fat arse hatchback with a lot of power?

True, I just dont think the corrado is different enough from it for VW to make a new one, it would have to be just as big for all the saftey stuff.

"Power for the Audi quattro concept comes with a turbocharged 5-cylinder makes 408-hp and 354 lb.-ft. of torque. Mated to a 6-speed manual, quattro concept new tracks from 0 to 62 mp in 3.9 seconds. Audi quattro concept uses the very foundations of the Audi RS5, but based on a wheelbase measures 5.91 inches shorter. Weight comes to 2866.01 pounds, which is about 440.92 pounds lighter than the Audi TT RS"

The A5 is not a small chassis compared with the Golfs... even if 5 inches shorter.

0-62 in sub 4 seconds is quick to say the least... super-car performance for C. £30K-£40K :-)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

There is also some video of the concept car here:

[video=youtube;n-Vgz_Wyrs4]

i really hope they dont make a new one but thats just me!

Me too because they'll just ruin it like they did with the 'new' Scirocco.

Seeing another Corrado on the road very occasionally, like a lesser spotted rare creature of some sort, is part of the car's mystique and keeps it's legendary status intact.

If a 'new' Corrado came out, every Air stewardess and estate agent in the country would buy one as their latest fashion accessory and the Corrado name would be ruined.

Some cars just shouldn't be reborn. Imagine if the Jaguar E Type was exhumed and then people demanded a stupid jacked up 'Countryman' version of it?

I really like Corrado as it is and I hope they will never build a new one

Me too because they'll just ruin it like they did with the 'new' Scirocco.

Seeing another Corrado on the road very occasionally, like a lesser spotted rare creature of some sort, is part of the car's mystique and keeps it's legendary status intact.

If a 'new' Corrado came out, every Air stewardess and estate agent in the country would buy one as their latest fashion accessory and the Corrado name would be ruined.

Some cars just shouldn't be reborn. Imagine if the Jaguar E Type was exhumed and then people demanded a stupid jacked up 'Countryman' version of it?

FISHWICK?? :lol: have i missed something?

but anyway, what is it with that mini countryman thing? makes my bora look tiny.

but i agree the corrado should be left alone to reign as probably the best shaped car vw ever made.

love the audi vs corrado post too, very similar lines, but the audi from the front doesnt do anything for me.

Yeah, just another silly name to humour myself with :lol:

When I see a Bini Countryman, it makes me think of that stupid TV advert with the 3 blokes screaming and shouting because a kid was about to p1ss his pants. I bet some TV agency patted themselves on the back for that complete waste of air time. What a lasting memory of a car, eh? 3 screaming benders and a kid p1ssing on a tree. Must be the current times because I remember car adverts being about cars in the good old days!! You bought a BMW or VW for their quality perceived in their adverts. Now you see BMWs being driven around fountains in some kind gay little car dance.....

We need a 'Grumpy old Men' thread :lol:

When hell freezes over, and a new Corrado is in production, the novelty would be intriguing; Having a new car with a 'Corrado' badge. But that's where it would end. It would be a piece of schit. As has already been mentioned, 'safety' laws would make sure of that. There's no way the car could ever live up to what we all would want, and that is a classy little number that is faithful to its predecessor. A car that looks a million dollars and is stuck together with soggy biscuits. That's what we want. We don't want a well built, class-leading Golf Mk XIV with a new body kit and badge.