Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Was, Schrick VGI GB, now show us yours!

I think the only reason VW don't give you a solid tensioner when you replace them on an ABV lump is because they haven't tested it on a double chain engine.

I'm more into throttle response and grunt than peaky top end power and turbo lag.

Isn't that why ppl go for chargers instead!

I spent £2600 on a friggin gearbox!! but I'm glad I did that instead of spending £3500 on a supercharger.

Seems a lot of money, who you been talking to? My Vortech kit cost just over half that brand new from VF-engineering(NSRacing)

Chris

Thought id revive this thread and say how very informative it all is, now looking forward even more to getting it all in & having the experience of the extra torque and general improved driveability of the car.

PhatVR6 excuse me if your not the person that was talking about this as ive just read 22 pages my head is a bit full of info, but was it your mate that was gonna make a digitial read out for the controller? anything come of that?

Also anybody powder coat there shrick, if so Pics??

Last thing whats ceramic coating involve and are there any benefits to it??

Cheers Graham 8)

Ceramic coating was something I read about on the vortex website. In theory it should stop the schrick heating up as much meaning cooler inlet air temperature.

I dont really think it will make any difference though, ive done a few trackdays now and the temperatures have been as high as they can get to destroy an engine, yet, coming back to the pitlane the schrick would still be cool. Would likely be mega expensive to get done as well.

Thanks joe, definately not worth the money then unless your loaded and do alot of trackdays etc where the engine is getting to extreme temps, which i definately wont be.

you may also want to try putting some heat reflecting tape over the bottom of the inlet manifold where it goes over the engine.... I got some from Demon Tweeks for my G60 and it made one hell of a difference... the inlet used to get VERY hot after a long fast run... now it's just warm 8)